welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clerks 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dusty



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 650

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juggernautxug wrote:
Dusty wrote:
BoySetsFire wrote:
Dusty wrote:
in the first movie a chick gets raped by a dead guy.

sounds like a date movie to me.


technically, she rapes the dead guy, if ... ya know ... you watched the movie. technically speakingn that is.


then why is she the one who becomes psychologically damaged afterwards then?


dude, have you even seen Clerks? She thinks it's Dante in the bathroom so she goes in there and has her way with the dead guy.... once she found out she had sex with a dead guy she becomes traumitized! You're worse than Joel Segal at the Clerks 2 review.


are we not basically saying the same thing? WHERE is my free gatorade.
_________________
"You should read your bibles sirs, you'll find all kinds of weird shit in there."
-Jay, Clerks II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juggernautxug



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
juggernautxug wrote:
Dusty wrote:
BoySetsFire wrote:
Dusty wrote:
in the first movie a chick gets raped by a dead guy.

sounds like a date movie to me.


technically, she rapes the dead guy, if ... ya know ... you watched the movie. technically speakingn that is.


then why is she the one who becomes psychologically damaged afterwards then?


dude, have you even seen Clerks? She thinks it's Dante in the bathroom so she goes in there and has her way with the dead guy.... once she found out she had sex with a dead guy she becomes traumitized! You're worse than Joel Segal at the Clerks 2 review.


are we not basically saying the same thing? WHERE is my free gatorade.


we are, im talkin about boysetsfire who seems a little confuzzled



Just got to see Clerks 2 last night and it was excellent. Very VERY disturbing what with Jay's Silence of the Lambs scene... I almost fell out of my seat laughing.... it also didn't seem to short like I feared it would.

On a note, did anyone notice that the Mooby statue over the entrance had the same pose as Buddy Christ? Also at the beginning the backlit board said Mooby Orange Drink (or something), King of the Juice. Is that a play on King of the Jews? or am I reading too much into it?
_________________
I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sojobo



Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 2443

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not reading too much into it. It is reinforcement for the golden calf / idol - thing.
_________________
"To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."
- Anne-Sophie Swetchine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BoySetsFire



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 374
Location: Rex Kwan Doe enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juggernautxug wrote:
Dusty wrote:
juggernautxug wrote:
Dusty wrote:
BoySetsFire wrote:
Dusty wrote:
in the first movie a chick gets raped by a dead guy.

sounds like a date movie to me.


technically, she rapes the dead guy, if ... ya know ... you watched the movie. technically speakingn that is.


then why is she the one who becomes psychologically damaged afterwards then?


dude, have you even seen Clerks? She thinks it's Dante in the bathroom so she goes in there and has her way with the dead guy.... once she found out she had sex with a dead guy she becomes traumitized! You're worse than Joel Segal at the Clerks 2 review.


are we not basically saying the same thing? WHERE is my free gatorade.


we are, im talkin about boysetsfire who seems a little confuzzled



Just got to see Clerks 2 last night and it was excellent. Very VERY disturbing what with Jay's Silence of the Lambs scene... I almost fell out of my seat laughing.... it also didn't seem to short like I feared it would.

On a note, did anyone notice that the Mooby statue over the entrance had the same pose as Buddy Christ? Also at the beginning the backlit board said Mooby Orange Drink (or something), King of the Juice. Is that a play on King of the Jews? or am I reading too much into it?


i'm not the one confused abotu this, jug. it was dusty.
_________________
On Twitter
D.C. Live Tracks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
juggernautxug



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 355
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoySetsFire wrote:
juggernautxug wrote:
Dusty wrote:
juggernautxug wrote:
Dusty wrote:
BoySetsFire wrote:
Dusty wrote:
in the first movie a chick gets raped by a dead guy.

sounds like a date movie to me.


technically, she rapes the dead guy, if ... ya know ... you watched the movie. technically speakingn that is.


then why is she the one who becomes psychologically damaged afterwards then?


dude, have you even seen Clerks? She thinks it's Dante in the bathroom so she goes in there and has her way with the dead guy.... once she found out she had sex with a dead guy she becomes traumitized! You're worse than Joel Segal at the Clerks 2 review.


are we not basically saying the same thing? WHERE is my free gatorade.


we are, im talkin about boysetsfire who seems a little confuzzled



Just got to see Clerks 2 last night and it was excellent. Very VERY disturbing what with Jay's Silence of the Lambs scene... I almost fell out of my seat laughing.... it also didn't seem to short like I feared it would.

On a note, did anyone notice that the Mooby statue over the entrance had the same pose as Buddy Christ? Also at the beginning the backlit board said Mooby Orange Drink (or something), King of the Juice. Is that a play on King of the Jews? or am I reading too much into it?


i'm not the one confused abotu this, jug. it was dusty.


AHHHH THE QUOTE BUBBLE WILL CONSUME US ALL!!!!


anyways, yea sorry was early and tried to read through the quote bubble....
_________________
I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gunslinger316



Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 83
Location: Cali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter? Now that everyone is set straight we can all drink and party.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DELETED
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Back to top
Jinx



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3639
Location: America, fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, apparently, it left her deaf.

'cuz now she's shouting like Dennis
_________________
The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.
- Charles Darwin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dusty



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 650

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i downloaded it yesterday.

i laughed at every religious reference. awesome.

also at the end when theyre in the bank there is a neon sigh that says something. one of the letters is blinking. i think it says hirb or something.
_________________
"You should read your bibles sirs, you'll find all kinds of weird shit in there."
-Jay, Clerks II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dusty



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 650

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when jay is going on and on about rehab he produces some sort of coin. what is it?
_________________
"You should read your bibles sirs, you'll find all kinds of weird shit in there."
-Jay, Clerks II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MsFrisby



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3966
Location: a quiet little corner of crazy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
when jay is going on and on about rehab he produces some sort of coin. what is it?


Quote:
During the meeting, time is often allocated for N.A.-related announcements, and many meetings set aside time to recognize "anniversaries" or "birthdays" of clean time. Individuals who have reached certain lengths of continuous clean time (30, 60, 90 days, 6, 9, 12, 18 months, and multiple years of recovery) are encouraged to announce their clean time to the group. In some meetings, and for certain anniversaries, keytags, medallions, or "chips" which denote an amount of continuous clean time are distributed to those who have achieved those milestones.


It's a Narcotics Anonymous thing. I know this because I've had some friends who had some of the medallions.
_________________
A person's character is their destiny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dusty



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 650

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was the only thing i didnt get. i feel enlightened.

does any one know of any cameos in the film? there are alot of extra people who seem to be stuck in there. ben affleck makes an appearence. and at the end when people are dancing. i imagine all those people have some connection to k. smith.
_________________
"You should read your bibles sirs, you'll find all kinds of weird shit in there."
-Jay, Clerks II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cixelsyD
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havnt laughed so hard at the movies in years.
Back to top
Dusty



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 650

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok the bank sign definetly says "HIRB" with one letter blinked out before it.
At the end there are a few nods to events in the first fill. there are signs that say "1 dozen eggs" and "present ID for tobacco." and there is also a lady sorting through gallon jugs of milk.
_________________
"You should read your bibles sirs, you'll find all kinds of weird shit in there."
-Jay, Clerks II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atrophy Annie



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1690
Location: Your Mom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for pointing out stuff we already knew if we saw the movie!
_________________
Way to kill the conversation, Patty.- Trevor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group