welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb 18, 2007 - Sinfest: The Movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
Kry smells like poo.

sadistic anal sex smells like poo.
bun bun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
trustedfaith wrote:
I really like how the devil was drawn again. It's hot.

As for the color or resolution, maybe I'm not seeing what Bun is seeing. It looks fine to me. WHAT AM I MISSING?!?

Sad

If you put your face very close to the monitor, you can see single pixels of lighter or darker color in most of the areas (for example, look closely at the "more lust" purple bra's light areas... I only noticed after really staring hard for quite a while) . The question seems to be, is this a purposeful screen tone effect, a homage to the Lichtenstein comic pop art, or just Tat taking his millions of color CMYK art and converting it to a gif with 256 colors? If it is the latter, then the GIF programs select certain colors from the palette you use, and then approximate the rest by shading those base colors with a few pixels of a lighter or darker nature.

Dro's got it. It's only because in earlier coloured comics, the effect wasn't so obvious; either because he used a different way of saving the file/encoding the colour, or possibly because the colours he chose were less obvious. I didn't notice it much except for the devil panel and the logo.

And rm, heart forever. I WOULD be all up onz you face with a knife, but this is the internet. OH! J/k, j/k.
rm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heart forever to you, too.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you pick the softer, inbetween colors, that effect is going to happen especially when you compress the image to a size that can be hosted on a website. If you notice, the "pure" colors like the non-reflective hair on busty lusty don't have that effect. It is the color palette he is using and I liked the color choice. If ya'll want the full effect, get Tat to sell the original png complete with smooth shading. It will be a very big file.
Dro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get this issue is there are lots (or alot) of colors, and gradients of different colors. If he used mostly blue and green, then the adaptive palette could make good gradients in both. But if there are gradients of blue, soft blue, green, soft green, yellow, purple, then it doesn't have room for all the intermediates.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....it looks fine to me.

i must have a really small screen Crying or Very sad
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
You should get this issue is there are lots (or alot) of colors, and gradients of different colors. If he used mostly blue and green, then the adaptive palette could make good gradients in both. But if there are gradients of blue, soft blue, green, soft green, yellow, purple, then it doesn't have room for all the intermediates.

Hurray for gradients. Now to apply...

Wow, that took forever. It is only red to white too. Oh well. Now to save...

The file size is so huge! ... it is crushing me! ..ca..n't breathe... ::falls over::

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
....it looks fine to me.

i must have a really small screen Crying or Very sad

it sits in a giant edammer cheese!
Nk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with bun and Dro; the GIF limitations really hurt this comic.

What's happening here is that GIF files are limited to 256 colors, and due to the unusual variety of very distinct colors and shades in this comic, this limit has been reached (I've never noticed that happening on Sinfest; excellent work, by the way!). It seems each person has a different sensibility to those artifacts, but I clearly saw it right when I saw the first panel. To me, the most damaged area is Slick's hair on the second panel. Now if only Tats could publish this comic in a full-color png…
Yorick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*checks back*

why yes, I *did* mention it was a gif file ...

sheesh.
bun bun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nk wrote:
I must agree with bun and Dro; the GIF limitations really hurt this comic.

What's happening here is that GIF files are limited to 256 colors, and due to the unusual variety of very distinct colors and shades in this comic, this limit has been reached (I've never noticed that happening on Sinfest; excellent work, by the way!). It seems each person has a different sensibility to those artifacts, but I clearly saw it right when I saw the first panel. To me, the most damaged area is Slick's hair on the second panel. Now if only Tats could publish this comic in a full-color png…

<3

My hero(ine).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: