welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should we have a poll for mods?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

To mod or not to mod?
yes
23%
 23%  [ 23 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 39 ]
whatever
35%
 35%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 96

MsFrisby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I think there's definitely a way to have a mod that can make a small "footprint," as it were, on the forum. And a moderator is not an administrator. Tat is still the only admin.
Karui_Kage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'd just rather deal with the few times trolls came and made a mess then have someone with no affiliation to the comic be in charge of its forums. It just made sense that Tat was the only admin/mod, and the lack of policing was one of the main things that drew me to this forum. Because really, no one has to watch what they say too much if they know a mod really isn't going to do much.

Granted, that can create big assholes and trolls, but it can also lead to discussions that may not have occured otherwise. And Im not saying Sam wouldn't be a good mod, I think he would be, I just shy away from having any mod at all. Equality and all, in my mind.
Valp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't for the Tatyana-incursion I would've said no, but mods could prove useful in the role as troll-assassins.
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going for small government here. Small government. Feit can still cunt it up like there's no tommorow, caffeine addict can still post his inane little shit threads, and we can all get drunk and have sloppy sex on the roof and smoke weed and do all that. But if someone's going to post a 3-foot long spread of semi-disturbing and likely-to-get-you-fired images for no other reason than to fuck with people, that's out of line.

In short, I hope that if Sam becomes a moderator that I can easily forget about it.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, forgot something:

the forum is now four forums, so 'regular maintenance' entails the movement of threads to the appropriate subforums. I dunno. I could do that too if it were so desired.

So, yeah. Seriously, if it is so wanted, my candidacy is still up for non-mod.

Side note: if there ends up being decorum rules and fluff like "Label threads properly" or "no personal attacks" etc etc then I probably won't even be here very often. I'd take leave and take my chances with tatyana and anarchy. ANARCHY
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for Sam being a moderator. I think he's a pretty good representation of the forum and of everyone in it. If that makes sense. He wouldn't be super nazi mod but he can get rid of posts that make me not want to visit the forum when my mother is in the room. *coughTatyanacough*

Otherwise, I say we stay mostly modless. Because honestly I'm afraid of who may end up becoming a mod besides Tat, if anyone.
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Tat is the only guy in charge of the operation, I doubt he'll choose anyone you're afraid of. Unless MsFrisby gives you the willies or something.
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should design a "Sam/MsFrisby 2006" image.
Karui_Kage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, this is what I fear most about a mod being in here. Politics. Sad Oh how I loathe them.
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam doesn't have the requisite amount of pimples to become a power-mad asshole. Or, for that matter, anything beyond taking out the occasional spammer or the particularly raunchy troll. Don't worry about it.
Karui_Kage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, regardless, Im still against the inclusion of any mod save Tat. Just my two cents.
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graaaaah, you could've said that in the first place.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck kind of revolutionary folk heroes would we be with mods running around everywhere?
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHUT UP AND DANCE, BEYOTCH.

Also, Feit should Mod. It'd be heey-larious.

-Banned
-Fuckwit
-Cocksmoke
-Banned
-Banned
-Lend me money
-Shitting dicknipple
-Banned
Zanthina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there were a way to exert some control over the forums but not have all that control placed with one person. I think we all would like to enjoy the forums without running across (among other things)questionable images with no warning that could get us in trouble. Yet, I can also understand where folks would get uncomfortable with one person having the power to make judgements and decisions. If there are any ideas about how to do this democratically I'd like to hear them. If we do decide that having a mod is the way to go, I think would be one of the wiser choices. I come from limited experience, however.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Forum Guidelines All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: