welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Question Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who do

Last edited by Usagi Miyamoto on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
crossbow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that sorbet has no dairy while sherbet does, but what's the difference between sherbet and ice cream?
Bodhisattva

Location: Currently Chicago, but variable in the near future.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be called ice cream, a frozen dessert must contain a minimum of 10% milk fat: economy brands might have 11 or 12%mf, and super premium ice cream might have up to 16%mf. Less than 10%mf makes it ice milk or light ice cream. Sherbet is a 2% milk fat product, with a lighter texture and refreshing fruit flavours. And gelato is similar to sherbet, but without any fat. Frozen yogurt has a similar texture to ice cream, but has lower fat and an active bacterial culture.
* Proud adopter of the former newbies Lasairfiona, bottm_angel and trustedfaith.
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought gelato was the Italian word for ice cream
Celaeno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're both right. Sort of.

wikipedia wrote:
Gelato has become a generic Italian word for ice cream, though true gelato contains no cream. The same word is commonly used in English speaking countries to refer to "ice cream" that is prepared in the Italian way. "Gelato" comes from the Italian word gelare, meaning "to freeze."
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherbet is an extremely simple concept, yet still you Americans do not appear to be able to grasp it.
likeafox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of a jar being called a "sealer" or "ceiler" (or other possible spelling)? I'm beginning to think it's another word invented by my family over the years.
Idlethought

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is virtue?
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

likeafox wrote:
Has anyone heard of a jar being called a "sealer" or "ceiler" (or other possible spelling)? I'm beginning to think it's another word invented by my family over the years.

Never heard of the term, though it sounds like it would be a term used for Mason Jars.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idlethought wrote:
What is virtue?

Quote:
virtue

n 1: the quality of doing what is right and avoiding what is wrong [syn: virtuousness, moral excellence] 2: any admirable quality or attribute; "work of great merit" [syn: merit] [ant: demerit] 3: morality with respect to sexual relations [syn: chastity, sexual morality] 4: a particular moral excellence

did hitler ever smoke marijuana?
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crossbow wrote:
i know that sorbet has no dairy while sherbet does, but what's the difference between sherbet and ice cream?

SHERBERT IS A MOTHERFUCKING POWDER, HONEY.

/playground
Neo.Shroom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necro!

My question: Salvia. Has anyone had any experience with it? It's legal, and a halucinigen, that's about all I know.
kame

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neo.Shroom wrote:
Necro!

My question: Salvia. Has anyone had any experience with it? It's legal, and a halucinigen, that's about all I know.

You only had to ask your brother... yes, I tried it, but not nearly in high enough quantities. Never get the leaf, it's useless, get a concentrated extract or tincture, the higher concentration the better. Though I have to warn you, the trips can get extreme, do it while there's someone in the room not higher than god in case it fucks up. In fact, I recommend that for all new drugs people try, if you can't find someone whose tried it, at least have someone there you trust.

Google it, or wiki it, the information there is probably better than what I'm telling you now.
crossbow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i can tell, salvia's bullshit. it was really popular with 13-year-olds who didn't know what drugs were but totally saw pot this one time omg. all in all, it's a great placebo.
andrew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crossbow wrote:
from what i can tell, salvia's bullshit. it was really popular with 13-year-olds who didn't know what drugs were but totally saw pot this one time omg. all in all, it's a great placebo.

Salvia Divinorum, in the right quantity/concentration, IS a hallucinogen, and it works for some people. kame's comment that the leaf is useless is also incorrect; a lot of people think the leaf is useless because they aren't using a flame hot enough to ignite the hallucinogenic portion of the plant.

FYI.

Edit to add more basic information:

1) The high is very brief: 5-30 minutes at the most.

2) Typically, the hallucinations are NOT vague and distorting like those experienced with shrooms / acid, but rather concrete shapes and ideas that appear when they aren't really there.

3) Salvia also usually drastically affects your motor skills, so you really really should have a babysitter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: