welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One Good Thing About Living In Michigan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cletusowns

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like IL except for the weather. . South IL is really nice to cruise through but I don't much care for Chicago to be honest. It's a nice place to be a tourist but living here isn't that great. I think I just dislike the North in general though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike your state for the silent S.
Eriouly, what the fuck?
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever, you Outh Carolinian. *eyeroll*
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrophy Annie wrote:
High five to Jen for giving props to her state. I know people have moved to IL from nicer places and hate it and that's understandable but really, it bugs me when people insult Illinois without ever having come here. There really is some wonderful stuff here.

Thanks dear.
sporko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are non-Illinois people who talk shit about Illinois? I always figured Illinois to be one of those states that are kind of exempt from the shit-talking...I mean you have places like Idado and Kansas and Nebraska and Texas and Alabama that get pooped on all the time, but...yeah.

Anyway...I think Michigan itself is a nice state. There are some rural towns there that I love (like Shelby), but I don't think I'd like Detroit itself because I don't really like big cities. Like Cletus, I don't really like Chicago, either...it's a nice place to visit if you have the time to do all the touristy museum things, but I don't like actually living here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boyfriend's grandmother lives in the UP. I got to visit there. She lives nearest to Sault St Marie. However, in her home out in the woods she is really and truly in the middle of nowhere. She has a nice home right on a river which is pretty cool. There is no civilization for miles and really as soon as you enter the UP you might as well say goodbye to civilization for awhile. There are no malls, walmarts, or grocery stores in most towns. Hell, you're lucky if you find a gas station. I got see all of the great lakes under ice at the time I was visiting which was pretty cool. I might post some pictures later.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
My boyfriend's grandmother lives in the UP. I got to visit there. She lives nearest to Sault St Marie. However, in her home out in the woods she is really and truly in the middle of nowhere. She has a nice home right on a river which is pretty cool. There is no civilization for miles and really as soon as you enter the UP you might as well say goodbye to civilization for awhile. There are no malls, walmarts, or grocery stores in most towns. Hell, you're lucky if you find a gas station. I got see all of the great lakes under ice at the time I was visiting which was pretty cool. I might post some pictures later.

Yeah I forgot to post a link to the 'Soo Locks'. Those are pretty neat too.
Amilam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Growing up military and having lived in close to twenty states I have no complaints with Illinois. It has a nice blend of the Midwest affordability and solid job market. It's a very liberal state (I believe Bush lost by the greatest margin of any state and second only to the D.C. district) and is for the most part lacking in fundie religious freaks which some other Midwest states can't say. I even like the bitter winter for the most part. My main issue is the lack of ocean. Lake Michigan is just not a viable substitute. Maybe I should look into Oregon, Washington, or Maine.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:

17 bitches. im going to go hang out with some friends and smoke weed and deface property now. i hear thats what all the cool twits are doing.

and you got on my case for acting like a little kid?

shit

there are about 5 - 6 states in the US that i do not care if i never visit them again (2 of which i dont want to even though i havent been there)

Kansas - the drive through it..nearly killed me it was so boring
New Mexico - the drive...yea..that one too
Arizona - the drive..boring also
Montana - what the hell does montana have?
Iowa - i hear there is absolutely nothing there (never been)
New York - i know its a big state..but im going to avoid it because of some girl who lives there that is now obsessed with me =[ (never been)

oh..and eastern oregon really sucks too..but i really love western oregon

TEXAS SUCKS!! dallas is cool but only cuz i got lots of family there..everywhere else is meh..unless you are driving in west texas..speed limits of 80 Very HappyVery Happy means i can go 110 and barely go faster than anyone for like 200 miles SmileSmileSmile
eureka00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP Beauty at its finest
Iced Over Waterfall
Soo Locks

Some of my very own pictures from my trip. I was there in April which still equals winter.
Jinx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:

Yeah I forgot to post a link to the 'Soo Locks'. Those are pretty neat too.

I spoonered that when I first read it. I was thinking it got so cold up there, they had special socks for going to the loo at night.
Gawzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what's wrong with Texas other than the political spectrum. The beaches are nice to vacation at, and the food (in southern texas) is simply wonderful, and the people aren't really hateful at all. Unless you're gay, then you're screwed. Michigan is nice too during the winter. Smile
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawzz wrote:
I don't see what's wrong with Texas other than the political spectrum. The beaches are nice to vacation at, and the food (in southern texas) is simply wonderful, and the people aren't really hateful at all. Unless you're gay, then you're screwed. Michigan is nice too during the winter. Smile

Exactly Smile
Gawzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point. You tend to see alot of people still in the closet. It's rather sad.
John Mytton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawzz wrote:

We must live in mirror universes.

How's Al Gore doing as President?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: