Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PSA: Eating organic meat may save your life.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega F wrote:
ripped from wikipedia

"A recent laboratory study of strict vegans has shown, however, that 60% of then have a vitamin B12 deficit[14], as compared with lacto- or lacto-ovo-vegetarians (who are able to acquire vitamin B12 from these animal sources). In addition, lower counts of lymphocytes (the white blood cells responsible for immune system responses) and platelets (responsible for blood coagulation) and alterations in the iron metabolism and transport, were demonstrated. Another study [15] has shown that 45% of strict vegans have higher homocysteine levels, a factor which has been strongly implicated in cardiovascular disease. This, in turn, may alter DNA methylation patterns, which has been associated with aging, cancer, atherosclerosis and other diseases. According to these authors, "three observations indicate that DNA methylation could be diminished by a vegetarian lifestyle. The vegetarian diet has a low content of methionine, remethylation of homocysteine is reduced by vitamin B12 deficiency and elevated homocysteine levels can induce the generation of S-adenosylhomocysteine (SAH), a potent inhibitor of methyltransferases." "

Bad stuff, maynard!

I avoid the dangers of a vegetarian lifestyle by not eating vegetables!
ElDingo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
lily wrote:
you know, being vegetarian/vegan reduces your chance of a lot of food-related nastiness.

just sayin'.

This is kind of like when an abstinence advocate pops in a thread about safer sex.

Cause, y'know, they're obviously not entitled to a dissenting opinion.
kame

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lily wrote:
oof.

it's alright, atleast you're not bashing us over the heads with it like some kind of PETA-nazi.

as an added bonus, I won't point out the logical inconsistencies about giving a damn about chickens.
lily

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logical inconsistencies in caring about chickens? i'm curious as to what they could be. i don't think this thread needs to turn into a big animal rights argument, because we had one of those so recently on the other board, but it's a little irritating to go 'i won't even say the reasons why your opinions are wrong, i'll just mention that they are!'

siiiiiiiiiigh.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats it matter if you eat chickens that have already been killed and processed for human consumption?

if they dont sell all of that chicken within a certain amount of time it just gets thrown out...so a dead chicken there would be dead for nothing

not to mention that we at least kill them in a humane way unlike any other carnivore or omnivore alive...we can make it extremely quick where as a wolf or lion isnt nearly as swift at the ending life process as our machines/weapons

and people are omnivores..not herbivores..we are required to consume the meat of other living creatures at least occasionally...but also to consume vegatation...its what fuels us properly and healthily

maybe i dont know anything....i just felt like saying this

*and by humane i mean we dont make them suffer...we like to call it sympathy and compassion to make it sound better than just saying we kill to consume..which is essentially what we do..so yea
Amilam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think itís funny that whenever someone says feminist, vegetarian, or animal rights activist, regardless of tone, there is the inevitable reference to Nazis.

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OZY AND MILLIE? WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF FURRY? NORMAL HUMAN WOMEN NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, EH? EAT A BABY FOR BREAKFAST, DID YOU???
lily

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psycomonkey, many of your arguments are addressed in this thread:

http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=85086&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

edit: man, i'm re-reading that thread, and it's insanely difficult to sort out the good arguments from the insanity. so never mind.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im too lazy to read all of that

its more of a hey..people have been eating this for thousands of years..and they used to be healthier..so why not eat it now?

i believe im right..you seem to me like you believe your right...to each their own
Krazy Stixx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People can have whatever weird diets they want to have. Thought I have always wondered one things about vegans:

If a vegan is sucking you off, and you cum, is swallowing going against their veganism? Or is jism not taken into account?
lily

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, i can't even tell you how many people ask me that. the number two question is 'okay, so what about animal crackers? are they vegan? nyuk nyuk nyuk'

and the answer is, of course semen is vegan, if given consensually. the issue with veganism is reducing harm.
Krazy Stixx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I was thinking I'd come up with an awesomely perve...I mean, original question.

Damn.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyuk nyuk nyuk

want a really perv question?

how do vegans feel about beastiality..other than being straight up wrong...if you look at it from a vegans view..would it be animal cruelty?
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it possible that you are this stupid?
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like you..dont ever talk to me again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: