welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3/27/07 - No
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T TELL HIM THAT!

the facts of his existence could scar his young impressionable mind forever.
Twister87

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ARGH I EXIST OH NO"

*chaos*
What happena my handle?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
...I have to say though, I say no to the same things for different reasons: I dont feel called to give to every charity I see, bums are usually being lazy (often enough to generalize)....
Huh. & I thought you were a Christian. Maybe you're more like Li'l E than you oughta be for that.

Oh, I just noticed the tagline: Pilot of the Mothership Connection. Now that's freaky.
Twister87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All reality. None of it scripted.
Fnorder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
sorry, no. But I am far younger than my flagrant beliefs and cunning intellect might lead you to believe.

thats right: I am 7.

Actually that wouldn't come as a shock. It would explain a lot of things. If it were true that is.
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but he can spell correctly! he must be at least 8!
MellowFish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not spell correctly. You just haven't been here long enough. Just ask any of the old timers here
Zonedout

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cunt speel vury god niethar

Remember Love others Love oneself
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
I can not spell correctly. You just haven't been here long enough. Just ask any of the old timers here

of course. and I can't write in english. in fact, I am completely unable to type as well. or connect to the internet.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
I have to say though, I say no to the same things for different reasons: I dont feel called to give to every charity I see, bums are usually being lazy (often enough to generalize) and I dont do religion for guilt.

You know, I really try and ignore mellowfish because I have learned through experience that he is an ignorant son of a bitch but damn it is so hard to ignore when he says something so wrong.
Fnorder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
MellowFish wrote:
I have to say though, I say no to the same things for different reasons: I dont feel called to give to every charity I see, bums are usually being lazy (often enough to generalize) and I dont do religion for guilt.

You know, I really try and ignore mellowfish because I have learned through experience that he is an ignorant son of a bitch but damn it is so hard to ignore when he says something so wrong.

Yes, I have to agree. That's why I see him as lying (though it would be much more comfortable to think that "age of 7" is a proper explanation of "MellowFish", not needing anything more to define), since you need to be older to be such an ignorant bastard of a hypocrite and still call yourself a Christian after such a statement. Or he may be a total troll.

Or, as always, I'm underestimating the bastard-ness of people in general.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
bums are usually being lazy (often enough to generalize)

You are an ignorant fucking twit that deserves to be kicked and set aflame, you rediculous excuse for a christian.

You ignore everything important about your own fucking religion (this would be morals, since I'm assuming you won't catch that) and choose to defend its corruptions. Whatever logic it is you think you follow I do not know, but I would like you to understand that under no uncertain circumstances do I find you totally and utterly vile.
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calling someone ignorant doesn't help. neither do insults. fix the ignorance.d

in case you don't know what it is that you're ignorant about, mellowfish [and by definition, you wouldn't]
please note that most homeless people are either
a) unemployed against their will, and seeking employment
b) mentally ill.
thus, properly 'deserving' of charity

also, didn't mr. Jesus say something along the lines of 'judge not, that ye be not judged'? who are you to judge whether they are to lazy to deserve charity?
MellowFish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not judging. I volunteered at a homeless shelter for a while, and my father was a drug and alcohol rehab therapist at the same shelter for 5 years. unless you have been a bum on the street yourself, he probably knows more than you about why people are on the street, and he was constantly talking about how so many of the bums could get work if they wanted to.

That said, I realize that are are *quite* a few with mental handicaps that keep them from work. I am not saying everyone on the street is lazy: just many of them, and most panhandlers. Those panhandlers are the ones I wouldn't give a penny to. What I have done is given them food on occasion.
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in the case of a substance addiction, (which can cloud judgement), food may be more helpful than the money you would give them otherwise.

but you didn't say "I don't give money to bums (but I do work soup kitchens, on occasion)"

you said "I don't give money to bums".
since most people don't work soup kitchens, you made it pretty evident that there was no charity from you towards bums. the reason you cited was laziness.

so don't be surprised if people concluded that you were "uncharitable to bums", and "judgmental", and therefore "ignorant" and "unchristian"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: