Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/13/07 - I Wish I Was Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
YenTheFirst



Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 2620
Location: Slightly less than crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh. I wish I still had my Ultimate Calvin and Hobbes collection.

stupid water damage..
_________________
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Secret



Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 5429

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucker! I just finished reading Volume I of The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.
_________________
rm wrote:
the grail is patient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brain.Damage



Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't cracked mine open yet, it's just chilling in the living room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Secret



Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 5429

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read it. It is made of joy and god.
_________________
rm wrote:
the grail is patient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brain.Damage



Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read all the book anyhow, it's just nostalgia for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 16633
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
Sucker! I just finished reading Volume I of The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.


i don't suppose you can figure out the original date of that strip?
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lasairfiona



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9702
Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
There are people who suffer from constant, clinical depression. I doubt that anyone who has posted so far in this thread has. If you can stop yourself from trying to commit suicide again and again and again and again, without the use of medication, you are NOT the kind of depressed that needs indulgence and medication and care.

Ahem. Bullshit. That is all.
_________________
Before God created Las he pondered on all the aspects a woman might have, he considered which ones would look good super-inflated and which ones to leave alone.
After much deliberation he gave her a giant comfort zone. - Michael
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cletusowns



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 496
Location: Oak Park

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
bun bun wrote:
There are people who suffer from constant, clinical depression. I doubt that anyone who has posted so far in this thread has. If you can stop yourself from trying to commit suicide again and again and again and again, without the use of medication, you are NOT the kind of depressed that needs indulgence and medication and care.

Ahem. Bullshit. That is all.


Agreed. Stopping yourself from going all the way just means you're not only depressed but you're a pussy as well. Anti depressants are there for a reason (unless you're a member of Scientology). People constantly contemplating suicide should be on meds.

Edit: That being said I thought the strip wasn't that great. Infact, i'd say it's one of my least favorite tbh.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bun bun
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad made what I think is a good point to me, after he found out about one of my suicide "attempts". He said, "People who want to die buy a gun."

If you want to be on meds, fine. Be on meds. I didn't go on meds, because I wasn't suffering from physical depression. If you suffer from physical depression (if, for example, your seratonin uptake is out of balance), you need meds, without question.

If you don't, it's up to you. I have more self-respect because I chose not to be, and I have more respect for people who choose to deal with their problems directly. Medication when you're not physically depressed seems to me a lot like passing the buck.

I don't condemn people with a history of multiple gastric bypasses to the fire pits, why should I condemn those who take medication for situational depression?

My advice would be to take the route that leaves you with the most pride and dignity. Whatever. Indulge yourselves.
Back to top
Secret



Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 5429

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Secret wrote:
Sucker! I just finished reading Volume I of The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.


i don't suppose you can figure out the original date of that strip?


I could, but it would require an investment of my free time.

Is it for purposes of debate?
_________________
rm wrote:
the grail is patient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brain.Damage



Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the coolest form of depression would either be Manic (bipolar) or possibly Dysthymia.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YenTheFirst



Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 2620
Location: Slightly less than crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain.Damage wrote:
I think the coolest form of depression would either be Manic (bipolar) or possibly Dysthymia.


right, because depression is cool.
_________________
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkman



Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 1454
Location: Someplace.... dark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YenTheFirst wrote:
Brain.Damage wrote:
I think the coolest form of depression would either be Manic (bipolar) or possibly Dysthymia.


right, because depression is cool.


It is in high school. Shit i remember back in the day every other kid went around bragging about taking antidepressants. That was before emo really caught on. I cant even imagine how fucking retarded it is now.
_________________
I couldnt think of anything smart to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bun bun
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman wrote:
YenTheFirst wrote:
Brain.Damage wrote:
I think the coolest form of depression would either be Manic (bipolar) or possibly Dysthymia.


right, because depression is cool.


It is in high school. Shit i remember back in the day every other kid went around bragging about taking antidepressants. That was before emo really caught on. I cant even imagine how fucking retarded it is now.

Yeah, my point. Cheers, Darkman...
Back to top
Lasairfiona



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9702
Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cletusowns wrote:
Stopping yourself from going all the way just means you're not only depressed but you're a pussy as well. .... People constantly contemplating suicide should be on meds.
You are an idiot.

Brain.Damage wrote:
I think the coolest form of depression would either be Manic (bipolar) or possibly Dysthymia.
You are also an idiot. I don't know how you can possibly think that dysthymia is fun but I can promise you that mania isn't fun either.

Damn america and their reliance on pills to make them happy.

_________________
Before God created Las he pondered on all the aspects a woman might have, he considered which ones would look good super-inflated and which ones to leave alone.
After much deliberation he gave her a giant comfort zone. - Michael
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group