Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 351, 352, 353 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least GW2 doesn't have a subscription fee.

I'd like a PS Vita to play Assassin's Creed III Liberation but PS Vita's marketing campaign are doing their best to turn me away from it.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone recommended Baldur's Gate II on twitter and since it was only $10 and I was in a bit of a "DOWNLOAD ALL THE THINGS" mood last night I decided to get it.

Didn't have a lot of time to play, but so far it seems really interesting. I had no idea it'd be like D&D in old school video game form (this is what happens when I do no research at all). Pretty interested to see where it goes, I like that it has a lot of story element to it.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Someone recommended Baldur's Gate II on twitter and since it was only $10 and I was in a bit of a "DOWNLOAD ALL THE THINGS" mood last night I decided to get it.

Didn't have a lot of time to play, but so far it seems really interesting. I had no idea it'd be like D&D in old school video game form (this is what happens when I do no research at all). Pretty interested to see where it goes, I like that it has a lot of story element to it.

The Icewind Dale series is pretty much the same, except set in Icewind Dale, not Baldur's Gate. Throne of Bhaal, the expansion for Baldur's Gate 2, let's you take characters all the way up to level 40. I'm I played a Kensei (sword saint), dual wielding weapons like a beast and multiclassing with monk, but I don't remember for sure, it's been a while. Not sure how much you are into Forgotten Realms lore, but the games do a great job with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something in my soul just died.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A whole ton of 80s-90s videogames are based on DnD rules and settings. It was relatively easy to take the pen and paper rules, stats, etc. and turn them into videogame mechanics. Another one you might want to watch out for is Planescape: Torment, which is widely acclaimed as one of TEH BEST VIDYA GAEMS EVAR.
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be because it's ONE OF TEH BEST VIDYA GAEMS EVAR!

Seriously, it's really good. Actual gameplay is okay (BG2 & Icewind Dale 2 are both better), but the writing is fucking fantastic. The setting is great and wierd, and the array of options available for how to handle any given situation is extraordinary (seriously-it's quite a long game, and it's possible to beat while only killing one or two enemies, total). Cannot speak highly enoughd of Torment-it's my second favorite game ever, just after Morrowind.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! It's on the list. I really like a good story, and I'm always that person that cranks up "persuasion" to see what kinda shit I can get away with and also see how much I can avoid killing stuff.
Mini J

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you've gone and stopped by GOG.com? I don't like to think of how much money I've given them. I just checked and I think I have almost 20% of their library... whoops.

I enjoy Baldur's Gate, I also really enjoy Age of Wonders (1 is good, 2 and Shadow Magic are better), I also recommend Arcanum (I really really like Arcanum; RPG based on steampunk + magic). I also really like FTL (Faster Than Light) which, unlike all the other games, is new instead of 10 or more years old. I also really really enjoy Spacechem, but it's an acquired taste I think; if you like puzzle games based on organic chemistry, then I bet you'd love it.

So that's an early sampler. On steam I have even more games. Having disposable income is dangerous...
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, "puzzle games based on organic chemistry" really reminds me of Dr. Brain and the Island of Dr. Brain. If it's actually like Dr. Brain I would be pretty happy, I really love those games.

The rest sound really interesting, too. I'll definitely be back when I need a new game.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be old for some, but I just saw it. It's applicable to pretty much al the Elder Scroll games as well as many, many others: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Vcx6UbMCtfI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't I pick up all those brooms?
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:

Oh, you are in for a treat. Jon Irenicus is one of my favorite villains (I need to replay that game, I don't think I ever beat it...)

And Minsc one of my favorite heroes.

Fun fact! Minsc is voiced by Jim Cummings, who you may also know from EVERY CARTOON FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD.

I'm really not even joking. He's Monteray Jack. He's Winnie the Pooh. He's Tigger, Pete, Bonkers, Darkwing Duck, THE SHREDDER, Sat-am Robotnik, Psy-Crow, Sly Sludge, Razoul, Taz, Pappa Flea, and I'm going to have to stop here because it would take forever to list them all.

/Apparently, he also calls kids in children's hospitals *AS POOH* to wish them well.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

THIS IS A THING I RELATE TO. And then, I finally convince myself not to pick up every tiny thing, and I find myself missing shit I just saw in a dungeon that would be a pain in the ass to get back to. Grrrah.

Felgraf wrote:
Oh, you are in for a treat. Jon Irenicus is one of my favorite villains (I need to replay that game, I don't think I ever beat it...)

Fun fact! Minsc is voiced by Jim Cummings, who you may also know from EVERY CARTOON FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD.

Minsc and Boo are so CUTE! Plus yeah, now you mention it I can totally see the relationship between Minsc and Shredder. <3

Now I just need to STOP DYING CONSTANTLY, oh my god this game is hard and I have it set on easy. I'm still not sure I'm doing it right, I need to read the instructions a bit closer.

When people die in battle do they just like, stay dead? Do you drag their imaginary corpse to be resurrected later? I'm so paranoid of dying I keep making them sleep in the creepy beginning area.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
... THE SHREDDER ...

I knew it! Jim Cummings has secretly been James Avery all along!
I bet Will Smith was in on it the whole time.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

THIS IS A THING I RELATE TO. And then, I finally convince myself not to pick up every tiny thing, and I find myself missing shit I just saw in a dungeon that would be a pain in the ass to get back to. Grrrah.

Felgraf wrote:

Minsc and Boo are so CUTE! Plus yeah, now you mention it I can totally see the relationship between Minsc and Shredder. <3

Now I just need to STOP DYING CONSTANTLY, oh my god this game is hard and I have it set on easy. I'm still not sure I'm doing it right, I need to read the instructions a bit closer.

When people die in battle do they just like, stay dead? Do you drag their imaginary corpse to be resurrected later? I'm so paranoid of dying I keep making them sleep in the creepy beginning area.

You can get them rez'd, but it's a bit pricey if I recall. (And you'd have to lug *All* of their stuff). The game is a bit hard, aye. You can pause at any time and issue orders, though! ... and if you have spellcasters, I highly, HIGHLY reccomend you do that frequently, because sometimes the AI goes "DURHUR! I SHALL THROW THE FIREBALL INTO THE GROUP OF ENEMIES YOU'RE ENGAGED IN MELEE WITH."
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 351, 352, 353 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 352 of 434

Jump to: