welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume everyone is fully satisfied with both the launch and gameplay decisions of SimCity 5?
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not error 37 territory, but highly amusing nonetheless.

Thread title inspired me to try Path of Exile. Not really impressed. The talent system is audacious, theorycrafter's wet dream for sure, but the sheer size is going to magnify all the problems endemic to that sort of system a thousand-fold.

WoW's new patch has me really pleased. Between that, LoL, and Heart of the Swarm hitting next week... good times.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
I presume everyone is fully satisfied with both the launch and gameplay decisions of SimCity 5?

Don't know, don't care, I'm never going to play it. Also, I'm not sure if you're serious or not.
Aside from everything else (like utterly failing in terms of fundamental gameplay mechanics), it suffers from issues like this:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-shutting-down-online-services-for-12-games-6401956
Quote:
In addition to FIFA 11 and NBA Jam, EA will turn off online services for The Sims 2, NCAA Football 11, and NHL 11 during January.

The full shutdown schedule is posted below.

January 3: FIFA Manager 11 (PC)

January 11: FIFA Soccer 11 (PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360), FIFA Soccer 11 Ultimate Team (PS3, Xbox 360), Madden NFL 11 (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360), Madden NFL 11 Ultimate Team (Xbox 360, PS3), NBA Jam, but not the On Fire edition (Xbox 360, PS3), NBA Live 10 (PS3, Xbox 360), NCAA Football 11 (Xbox 360, PS3), NHL 11 (PS3, Xbox 360), NHL Ultimate Team (PS3, Xbox 360)

January 14: The Sims 2 (PC, Mac, TheSims2.com)

January 19: Trenches II (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:

Really?

DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always on DRM ftw.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sims3 and it's various predecessors way more than any of the SimCity games. I'm so bad at city planning it isn't even funny. I would always just say "fuck this" and turn on the natural disasters to max and watch the chaos.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTrees wrote:
Arc Tempest wrote:

Really?

Heh, I take it back. I had heard about server stability issues (which every sane person should have expected) but I didn't start seeing stories about the queues until I saw the RPS and PAR stories today.

The fact that a single country release has wreaked this much havoc makes me wonder what will happen when the European release hits.
Desire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have loved SimCity in the past and I wanted to love this too! Graeme and I checked out the new one while they were having the beta weekends and it was okay. But as a long-time Sims player, I KNOW with a certainty, that any EA release is going to be bugged to hell.

For the price of it, there was no way I could justify getting it until they fix some of the issues that you knew were gonna happen. At least with Sims 3, there are talented and dedicated modders who fix their game for them. Rolling Eyes

The only playing online and having to save on their server/cloud was a big warning sign. Hopefully they increased the amount of space they allotted for saves, if not, then that is another big issues. And from seeing how great their tech people are with the Sims 3 forum, I had low expectations for their servers for SimCity (but hoped), so I wasn't really surprised.

I am excited about the new engine they developed for SimCity though and am looking forward to seeing how it works out. It seems like it could be used with Sims 4 to maybe make it the game it should be (without mods). And I did like the look of it and many of the new things, need bigger cities though. And I was never sure where the chance for being griefed stood. But I may have missed the info on that.

All said, I am sure Graeme will at least get it. But we'll wait until it is on a good sale and they have (hopefully) fixed many of the issues.

Last edited by Desire on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:

WoW's new patch has me really pleased. Between that, LoL, and Heart of the Swarm hitting next week... good times.

Those seem to be my main games currently, too, as well as the Sims 3 and Minecraft. Though, I can't vouch for my abilities with LoL and SC, I still place myself firmly in the beginner category with them. I am hoping the new patch renews my interest in WoW. I loved the new EP but I hate how they made it so you have to do LFR or dailies to gear up. I prefer to see raid content with my guild and in our actual raid. And I hate grinding dailies. Bleh. I only log in anymore to raid and catch mail before it gets deleted it seems. Sad

I have signed up for accounts with PoE (and another one whose name I just forgot) but have not really had the time to check them out. D3, which I had had such high hopes for... well, I'll get back to it eventually. Civ I still love, but it sucks up so much of my time, I have to be careful when I chose to play it.
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torment kickstarter has started... it's already over $1mil, and hrng... my only question is at what level I want to donate. Probably can't convince the wife to go for any of the >$1k levels *sigh*
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTrees wrote:
Torment kickstarter has started... it's already over $1mil, and hrng... my only question is at what level I want to donate. Probably can't convince the wife to go for any of the >$1k levels *sigh*

I think I need to move to Newport Beach.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

Reached their goal in six hours.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 24 hours, they've reached 150%
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/ea-disables-non-critical-gameplay-features-to-relieve-simcity-servers/

Maybe you can play some games from the Humble Bundle With Android 5 while waiting to connect!
Another chance for you to get Dungeon Defenders + all the DLC if you missed it last time.
Beat Hazard Ultra also looks interesting: it's one of those arcade shooters, but it sets the difficulty to a piece of music from your collection (same as Audiosurf, 'cept with enemies to shoot instead of blocks to dodge).
Some of the games in this bundle are making their debut for Android. I have Night Sky and Dungeon Defenders from a previous bundle, but looking over my HB library it seems like I'll have to buy this one to get their Android ports.
As usual: No DRM, cross-platform (Win/Mac/Lin/And), PWYW, charities, Steam keys, etc., plus some soundtracks! The average payment to beat is $6.65 so far.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get Night Sky to run on my phone =\ It gives me the intro screen, but then it just goes black with backround music and nothing happens after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 354 of 442

Jump to: