welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 365, 366, 367 ... 441, 442, 443  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need that many candies to beat the game...

Quest items help you get by.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I don't think you need that many candies to beat the game...

you don't, I'm just saying that that's how much it takes to be able to get candies as fast as you can get lollipops

of course, you use a lot more lollipops than candies, so it's fair

Also, javascript games are super easy to mess with:

POSSIBLY, DEFINITELY, SPOILERS AHEAD:

haha, if you set the number of chocolate bars to a number higher than possible in the game(that is, if you have more than one), it says something like
Quote:
You have 999999 chocolate bars \o/ (a bug ? Oo)

(o wait, that's because there's a "bug" in the endgame that lets you get two more chocolate bars for some ridiculous sum of candies)

it also seems that when you mess with a quest that's in progress, if you set your character's hp to something higher than max_hp, it counts as a death. I glanced over the code and I dunno why; I just know I died despite setting hp to a gazillion.

I also found that it's a somewhat stupid idea to set the number of candies eaten to some high number before fighting yourself; after finding that the mob was at index 1 this time, running quest.things[1].hp = 0 didn't do anything anyway and I had too many bajillion hp to wait for them to get burnt through with a mere chocolate sword (though I later upgraded to a level bajillion sword of flames--Chuck Norris didn't stand a chance--, that's also a bad idea for this level since then you'll just one-hit each other unless you have Infinity hp)

infinite stalemate

I swear, beating "yourself" was less of a hassle when I wasn't cheating; I had to change everything back to reasonable numbers

and getting past all of the ghosts in hell is difficult without a summons of some sort even with 1e+22 candies eaten ( but not with some much higher number eaten)
if you fight something that halves your hp when you have infinity hp, you get something slightly odd
Quote:
HP : NaN/Infinity

and you still need invulnerability to beat the "developper" even with 1e+41 candies eaten, but not with Infinity

Heh, one of the "bugs" you can buy at the end of the game turns everyone into a pony! though of course you could do that anyway, just loop through the quest.things array

Hrm... if you have "Infinity" of anything, when you reload the save, it doesn't show up and you can't use it.
Infinity everything:

loaded from save:

here's that account: http://candies.aniwey.net/index.php?pass=w52c4 (all content cleared, but there were some items I didn't bother attaining. Since the candies eaten don't show up in the save, if you fight yourself or Chuck Norris, you will one-hit kill each other. Mutually assured destruction.)

and here's the same thing in "hard mode": http://aniwey.net/candies-hardmode/index.php?pass=pqn8t
"hard mode" basicially just means that quest.getCharacterMaxHp was changed to function () {return 100;}

If you want to be invincible in hard mode, instead of eating Infinity candies you can just put quest.getCharacterMaxHp = function () {return Infinity;}

and if you change the name of your sword to, say, "Swrod of ERMAHGHERD," it bugs out completely and won't even kill a tree, nor will it show up in your inventory(unless you add in some ASCII art for the "Swrod of ERMAHGHERD" yourself), leaving you with an empty box where the sword would be
but hey, at least you get to have a Swrod of ERMAHGHERD

.... the Swampy Swamp is still my favorite part of this game
Sam

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/MaxWoolf/20130508/191959/Diablo_III_Economy_Broken_by_an_Integer_Overflow_Bug.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+GamasutraNews+%28Gamasutra+News%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

amazing, amazing
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only SimCity's problems were that simple.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaaaa

that's pathetic

I mean having real money integrated with a game money economy is usually kind of pathetic anyway, but that is especially pathetic
Sam

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simcity's patch 2.0 sucked about that bad too, but there was very little economy-wise to break
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
simcity's patch 2.0 sucked about that bad too, but there was very little economy-wise to break

"3.0" is due out shortly/is out (I forget which but it doesn't really make the game not-broken). Also there's a problem with trains in Discovery Delta, but they're not going to fix it because the patch would be too big to download apparently.

Remember, this is the publisher that's got Star Wars now.
Desire

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an interesting read, Sam. The comments too. I bookmarked the one dude's site to read later. Poor D3, I looked forward to it sooo much. It looked like it was going to be good. But my demon hunter didn't even make lvl 20 before I stopped playing. :\

EA has a habit of releasing patches for their games that don't fix as much as they say they will and often break other things. There are so many ways they could/need to improve SimCity. Just shows, they should never have cut it off from the modders. They always seem to find a way to fix most of EA's mistakes for them. Rolling Eyes

Luckily, I have not gotten bored with SimCity yet because I don't get to play it much, I am still focusing on getting my road systems down, and I haven't really tried to create a big city yet. I'm still experimenting. Maybe by the time I am ready to go full-in, they'll have fixed many of the issues. Laughing

Speaking of EA, EA/Maxis just announced Sims 4 this past Monday, due out in the first quarter of 2014. I had hoped they would wait awhile since there is still so much that can be done with Sims 3 still. But evidently, the Sims3 game engine was completed in 2005 and is so fragile and finicky that many times when they try to improve things or find a way to fix a bug, it tends to break something else that didn't seem like it should be affected.

So it looks like they are just moving on to the next one. Hopefully they have done a better job with the new game engine. Though I would not be surprised to find that they are using some of the stuff from SimCity.

Thankfully, it will not require you to be online or be multiplayer. Though there will be an optional game aspect that allows that (social features). I admit I am skeptical. But honestly, I will buy it when it releases; in the past, I have bought Sims 1, 2, 3 and SimsOnline on release. The only thing that would have kept me from getting it right away is if they had made it always online/multiplayer. Though I will probably mostly play my Sims 3 games until they (or modders) get the initial bugs out and add more gameplay.

The good thing is that the Sims 3 modders will finally be able to get the game running as stable as possible once EA stops releasing updates and patches and with all the expansion packs and other content, the game will be probably be at it's best finally.
Desire

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this isn't related to EA or Star Wars in any way but we we are talking about games, so I just wanted to say that Minecraft is putting in horses in the next update! I am so excited about this!!!

Graeme doesn't let us use the Mo Creatures mod in some of our shared games because all the extra animals annoy him. But really, who wouldn't want to have an elephant, fire scorpion, or bat horse as a mount? Well, other then him. So this way I can still get to have my horses still.

I know it is a stereotype that girls love horses and all but screw that, I have been in love with them since I first rode one in summer camp as a kid. Horses, Pegasus, fairy horses, unicorns, bat horses... I love them all. Well maybe not zombie ones.

Anyway, yay! Horses in Minecraft!
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, I have a level ten sword in that stupid candy game, I've eaten 330,000 candies, and I'm getting slaughtered by that stupid dragon. I'm guessing I just need to spam, well, every item?
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get the cauldron yet?

just make enough potions of invincibility, and candy tree seeds, and teleports, and you can beat the dragon that way.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drink an invulnerability potion right before you get to the dragon, keep an eye on its timer, when it runs out, teleport, plant a tree if you need more time, heal if necessary, repeat.

It's either that or have such a ridiculously high-powered sword (or hp) that you can simply kill it before it kills you, which is unfeasible without cheating.

when I beat it properly I had a level 5 sword and 250 hp

ohey ninja'd by Thy
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at that Dragon, too. Got the stuff I need to kill it now, but I have too much sleep to catch up on this afternoon.

Also, I only just heard about Disney giving the Star Wars rights to EA. Jesus Pigfucking Christ, what in the holy hell are these people doing?
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished playing Richard and Alice. It's not superlong (but I expected that) but jeeeeeeeeeesus. Good god there were some moments where I was biting on my nails from the tense atmosphere and the ending... I need to watch some My Little Pony or something, my heart is going nuts.
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, that worked!

And... now hell demolishes me. This'll be interesting...

Why the heck is this game so addictive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 365, 366, 367 ... 441, 442, 443  Next
Page 366 of 443

Jump to: