welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372 ... 449, 450, 451  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PS4 won't pull Xbone-like shennanigans with disc-based games. Anti-trading/lending/borrowing/reselling stance, fees charged for doing any of the above? None of that. No constant internet checks just to work, either. You can play without having that once-per-day online home-phoning thing.

Much more relevant to 99.9% of the market:
PlayStation 4 will be available for $399 this holiday season
Hundred bucks cheaper than the Xbone? Yep, that'll do it.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
The PS4 won't pull Xbone-like shennanigans with disc-based games. Anti-trading/lending/borrowing/reselling stance, fees charged for doing any of the above? None of that. No constant internet checks just to work, either. You can play without having that once-per-day online home-phoning thing.

Much more relevant to 99.9% of the market:
PlayStation 4 will be available for $399 this holiday season
Hundred bucks cheaper than the Xbone? Yep, that'll do it.

That sound you just heard was the collective thump of hundreds of MS investors throwing themselves out of windows.

(heehee MS-Windows, I wasn't even trying)
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they took notes and decided that penetration pricing was shit? Good job Sony.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even like Sony. They've pulled too much shit in the past that makes what MS is doing with the Xbone look normal.
But this time they got it pretty damn right. They might have just won the next-gen war.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, Nintendo just quietly bides their time.

I'm really hoping that at some point, Nintendo decides to make a GameCube 2 (GameHeptahedron?) or at least something that goes back to old fashioned controllers, none of this motion sensing stuff.

Then again, I also miss consoles that cost <$200, and cartridges that had minimal, if any, loading times... So what do I know?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Nintendo would get into making some apps. At least of their classic games. I bet they make more money off those games elsewhere, though, so I don't expect that like ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I wish Nintendo would get into making some apps. At least of their classic games. I bet they make more money off those games elsewhere, though, so I don't expect that like ever.

How awesome would it be if Nintendo released all of the old NES/SNES ROMs as apps for Android/Iphone. Or, gasp, even a proper Nintendo-made emulator for PC that doesn't suffer some of the crippling faults in current emulators, and has ROMs available for purchase (including some of the rarer ones).
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:

no, Nintendo languishes with a non-starter console they're tied with for a while.

Wii U has been a bit of a disaster so far.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Unless they can pull off a miracle with 3rd party titles starting with the second half of this year, Nintendo will be selling only as many consoles as there are people who NEED Mario/Pokemon/Zelda games.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

How awesome would it be if Nintendo released all of the old NES/SNES ROMs as apps for Android/Iphone. Or, gasp, even a proper Nintendo-made emulator for PC that doesn't suffer some of the crippling faults in current emulators, and has ROMs available for purchase (including some of the rarer ones).

SQUEE!

That would be happy making! Mostly I just want to play the classic Mario games and Link's Awakening. (Which is gameboy, but I bet it'd play ncely on an iPhone.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Yeah. Unless they can pull off a miracle with 3rd party titles starting with the second half of this year, Nintendo will be selling only as many consoles as there are people who NEED Mario/Pokemon/Zelda games.

Everything is riding on their smash bros series.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, PS4 for me, it looks like. (Eventually).
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you dumb internet people, ACIII Liberation didn't fail because of the female black protagonist, it failed (was doomed from the start more like it) because it was only available for the PS Vita.

(though how the hell can you say it failed when it's scores are around the 70/100? Did it fail just because you didn't like it? Rolling Eyes )
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

Everything is riding on their smash bros series.

Wii U sales rise 875% on Amazon UK after XBox One announcement

Also, the "next gen" console winner is already here, on your phone. This is especially true for Japan, like by a factor of 10. In a world with Fast and the Furious 7 and A Good Day to Die Hard (part 6) and an eleventh (?) Star Trek movie (2nd of the re-booted franchise) you can't seriously try to fault Nintendo for practicing what is universally considered good business in the entertainment industry. Consumers want guaranteed good times, investors want guaranteed returns: sequels, prequels, and all sorts of pre-shipped properties fit this bill very well.

Goes back to playing Fire Emblem Awakening (#13 in the series) on his 3DS

Last edited by Darqcyde on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CTrees

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:

I'm really hoping that at some point, Nintendo decides to make a GameCube 2 (GameHeptahedron?) or at least something that goes back to old fashioned controllers, none of this motion sensing stuff.

Then again, I also miss consoles that cost <$200, and cartridges that had minimal, if any, loading times... So what do I know?

GameTesseract!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372 ... 449, 450, 451  Next
Page 371 of 451

Jump to: