welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 446, 447, 448  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eiden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Painfully generic. Any zelda movie someone would make these days would be a story told to death and awash in Damseling.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Ergh. I love me some Zelda, but I can see why that didn't get made. The graphics were nice but the 'hook' was totally boring and cliche.

Yeah, I was kinda like "nice character design, but um . . . isn't Zelda the one more associated with the bow?" Her with the dagger just threw me off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trailer looked pretty bland to me.

Somewhere between replying here and looking at that article, I came across an article about a blacksmith who made the master sword from Legend of Zelda.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/08/06/a-master-blacksmith-has-created-a-fully-functional-legend-of-zelda-master-sword/

I want one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
That trailer looked pretty bland to me.

Somewhere between replying here and looking at that article, I came across an article about a blacksmith who made the master sword from Legend of Zelda.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/08/06/a-master-blacksmith-has-created-a-fully-functional-legend-of-zelda-master-sword/

I want one.

God that just seems like it would be such a great job.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for a Zelda game where Zelda is the damn hero.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Ergh. I love me some Zelda, but I can see why that didn't get made. The graphics were nice but the 'hook' was totally boring and cliche.

Yeah, I was kinda like "nice character design, but um . . . isn't Zelda the one more associated with the bow?" Her with the dagger just threw me off.

I guess I meant hook in the literary sense. I'll always associate Zelda with Sheik and put my hands over my ears whenever anyone says she had to literally turn into a man to be anything more than kidnapping bait.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'm showing my age?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I was just being vague as hell.

In related news, I just discovered what the hell the "Master Quest" is in Ocarina of Time for the DS and I'm torn between joy at the prospect of playing through again, and complete horror.

I think I need a new game and Rune Factory 4 has been pushed all the way back to October, which is just not okay.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarMade is kind of like Minecraft but you make spaceships instead of houses, and you fly into space and shoot pirates and sell the salvage and use it to make bigger ships.
It's free while in alpha right now. The controls are keyboard-centric and the only worthwhile drops are plex glass and ice crystals, but those balance issues won't be in the final product.
System requirements: If you can't run Minecraft, you definitely can't run this.

Yogscast playthrough starts here.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
StarMade is kind of like Minecraft but you make spaceships instead of houses, and you fly into space and shoot pirates and sell the salvage and use it to make bigger ships.
It's free while in alpha right now. The controls are keyboard-centric and the only worthwhile drops are plex glass and ice crystals, but those balance issues won't be in the final product.

I played it a couple weeks ago. Definitely some mechanics that need fixing. Explosive blocks can be used to make giant suicide ships (bail out at the last minute and you'll survive and consequently blow a massive hole in anything), secondly because stacking cannons in a row increases firepower, you can make giant railgun ships with absolutely ridiculous range and just blow up planets and pirate stations from miles away.
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

I played it a couple weeks ago. Definitely some mechanics that need fixing. Explosive blocks can be used to make giant suicide ships (bail out at the last minute and you'll survive and consequently blow a massive hole in anything), secondly because stacking cannons in a row increases firepower, you can make giant railgun ships with absolutely ridiculous range and just blow up planets and pirate stations from miles away.

Congrats, you just sold me on this game!
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you had me at giant railgun ships that can blow up pirates.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:

We need a new Skies of Arcadia.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Arc Tempest wrote:

We need a new Skies of Arcadia.

GOD YES.

That was a fantastic game, and also a refreshing breath of fresh air during a time when JRPG's seemed to be caught up in "ANGST ANGST ANGST EMOTIONAL EXISTENTIAL TORMENT ANGST".

"MOONSTONE CANNON, FIRE!" (god using that never got old).

That said, it's likely not going to happen. =(

http://www.p4rgaming.com/sega-ceo-we-cant-make-a-skies-of-arcadia-sequel-because-wed-probably-let-you-down/
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
"MOONSTONE CANNON, FIRE!" (god using that never got old).

This and the montage skill where your entire crew attacks. The mercenary, whose name I forget, drops down and says "This is what I'm paid for" all awesome like.

My only real gripe was lack of end game ship battles that were challenging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 446, 447, 448  Next
Page 384 of 448

Jump to: