welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 385, 386, 387 ... 443, 444, 445  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
The new ToR death vigil: PVP edition

So the new 2.4 pvp patch is coming.

Team deathmatch 4v4 arenas! yay!

Wait, they're completely replacing the 8v8 objective based ranked pvp que with 4v4 team deathmatch? And you can solo que for it?

Wait significant balance issues exist between classes, that are easier to see when you have a smaller group?

Wait a huge portion of your "serious" pvp playerbase just paid you money to consolodate/transfer their guilds formed around 8v8 pvp all to a pair of servers so the ranked scene would get better?

GG tor.

oof

y'know, I have not heard hide nor hair of tor for a long while now; i just flat cold-dropped it a couple of months in when i hit a brick wall of anti-fun and it was a rather complete and sharp divorce. I dropped my subscription well before making level cap or completing my character story and the game has since been conspicuously absent in my mind or news feed even as I pay attention to other stuff in the gaming world. I just was disinterested in dwelling in how my dreams of AAA mmo WoW in Star Wars turned into this and this was the only shot there would be in regards to that.

I didn't even really follow along with its completely pernicious collapse or any of the shit that's happened since then. what's its current state? appearance tab for items? can you lower hoods on robes yet for fucks sake? what are the class imbalances for pvp? that thing with the thing where they were going to make it so you had to pay to have more than a really rudimentary set of ability bars ergo p2w? how did that work out? are roleplay cathar as much a national tragedy and disgrace as my mind thought they could have been?
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So WildStar revealed their business model which if you filter away all the hoo-hah around it, is basically the WoW model plus the option to grind your way for more play time.

It's hard to be able to discuss this when so many fanboys are too eager to shoot you down for saying "You know, this might not be such a good idea..."

Like with everything, I'll just wait it out. I still enjoy GW2 and WS is to be released in 2014.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
The new ToR death vigil: PVP edition

So the new 2.4 pvp patch is coming.

Team deathmatch 4v4 arenas! yay!

Wait, they're completely replacing the 8v8 objective based ranked pvp que with 4v4 team deathmatch? And you can solo que for it?

Wait significant balance issues exist between classes, that are easier to see when you have a smaller group?

Wait a huge portion of your "serious" pvp playerbase just paid you money to consolodate/transfer their guilds formed around 8v8 pvp all to a pair of servers so the ranked scene would get better?

GG tor.

oof

y'know, I have not heard hide nor hair of tor for a long while now; i just flat cold-dropped it a couple of months in when i hit a brick wall of anti-fun and it was a rather complete and sharp divorce. I dropped my subscription well before making level cap or completing my character story and the game has since been conspicuously absent in my mind or news feed even as I pay attention to other stuff in the gaming world. I just was disinterested in dwelling in how my dreams of AAA mmo WoW in Star Wars turned into this and this was the only shot there would be in regards to that.

I didn't even really follow along with its completely pernicious collapse or any of the shit that's happened since then. what's its current state? appearance tab for items? can you lower hoods on robes yet for fucks sake? what are the class imbalances for pvp? that thing with the thing where they were going to make it so you had to pay to have more than a really rudimentary set of ability bars ergo p2w? how did that work out? are roleplay cathar as much a national tragedy and disgrace as my mind thought they could have been?

Current state is collapsing inward and consolidating servers. Items have dye modules you can craft or buy random packs of from the cash market, no you can't lower hoods on robes, warrior classes and agent/smuggler are on the over power end of the curve, trooper/hunters and inquisitor/consular classes are kind of struggling, I dont know the game sucks so bad on preferred status while im playing i just sub. Roleplay on this game consists mainly sith...well...do you remember that comic elf only inn? It's basically that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, Elf Only Inn was like my childhood all wrapped up into one conveniently hysterical comic.

I should read through that again.

The irony here is that my childhood misadventures in chat rooms were Star Wars themed so it's kind of like coming full circle and realizing nothing has changed oh god.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I should read through that again.

This was a horrible mistake.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, sounds like something I'm not gonna look up. Very Happy
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not terrible...well any more than the early days of AOL chat room roleplay was terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too haven't read EOI in years. I thought the whole point was about how terrible chatroom RP was.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it is. It's totally satire.

It just started bringing back old memories that are better left buried.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD!

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with landscaping in Animal Crossing. It's a lot of work, takes a lot of time and can be ruined by an NPC moving in.

But I guess it's way more fun than staring at strangers in a train for 45 minutes every day.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sup X-Com expansion

jwadd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minecraft confirmed for ps4 and xboxone
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of amazing to watch LoL e-sports continue to grow. Watching the standing room only crowd at Gamescon (which sold out its last day for the first time ever), seeing the season three championships sell out the Staples Center almost instantly...

It's getting to be a bit of a thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 385, 386, 387 ... 443, 444, 445  Next
Page 386 of 445

Jump to: