welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 444, 445, 446  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww man I really want Beyond: Two Souls to be on PC because it looks amaaaaaaaaazing.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
it's hilarious that he yells it out in public. Very Happy

He lead up to it with the most adorable "I'M NOT GOOD AT EMOTIONS AND THINGS" speech. "I'm only going to say this once!" Bwahaha. Honestly don't know what I like most about him, but the fact that my character constantly teases him about being in love with another guy and makes a bunch of inappropriate horse jokes is all fighting for the top of the list.

Also boo, Beyond: Two Souls is only for the PS3? I better not look into it too much, then, cuz I wouldn't be able to play it either.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Also boo, Beyond: Two Souls is only for the PS3? I better not look into it too much, then, cuz I wouldn't be able to play it either.

I cry. I cry a lot for that fact. ;.;
jwadd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting a charity. It's called the help jwadd get a new 'puter for current games fund, it supports a good cause, of me, playing games, and not freebasing various substances out of depression.

jk. I'm just emo I can't play blood dragon or shadow warrior. cause those are like the two games that I feel like i was promised the last two decades. everything culminates and leads up to these senselessly violent and colorful FPS's.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video demo of Valve's Steam controller.
jwadd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

everyone is saying how its not as accurate as a keyboard and mouse combo.

great for puzzle games it seems, but I like using one interface for all my games.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwadd wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

great for puzzle games it seems, but I like using one interface for all my games.

Who is this "everyone" you speak of?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Awww man I really want Beyond: Two Souls to be on PC because it looks amaaaaaaaaazing.

Yep, it looks great but the story, character behaviour and dialogue? Fucking dire. I'm having trouble finishing it because it's so eye-rollingly awful.

And for what it's worth I really enjoyed Heavy Rain.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
jwadd wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

Who is this "everyone" you speak of?

either traditionalist nerds defending the thing that they are most used to before they have even tried the new thing, or one or two hypercritical beta testers harping on a placeholder version of the product

also maybe people who hate touchpads on principle

Or did you wade through the shitfest that is YouTube comments? I did, a bit, and mostly what I'm seeing there are things like "Oooo, shiny!", "what's _really_ new about this", "Interesting, but it clearly sucks, I mean, look at it, RAAAh", "Wow, revolutionary. This really bridges the gap between console and PC gaming" and "could you please demo it on {specific game or genre}?"

I'm trying to think of more potential "everyone"s, but that's kind of limited seeing as the controller hasn't been released yet, y'know?

I'm personally torn between "sounds cool, but we'll see", and "why-am-I-even-looking-at-this-I-don't-play-any-of-these-games-and-I'll-never-even-see-this-thing-unless-a-friend-starts-using-it"
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HereticalRants wrote:
also maybe people who hate touchpads on principle

Chalk me up in that category.

It's an obsessive, all-consuming hatred that burns deep, deep within my soul.

The weird linear magnetic-actuated feedback seems like it'll be kind of cool though. No more random vibrating as the only source of controller feedback.
jwadd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valve has said its not as accurate, and i was speaking about the reddit community's response to the video, and during the demo video, when he is playing an fps, you see him move the crosshairs to the head of a target and then have to re-adjust for half a second to get a headshot, cause the tracking has made the crosshair pass the target from not being super pricise
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love touchpads. I wish everything was a touchpad, including the back of the head of the person sitting in front of me on the bus. I would use their head to look up route maps. It's got to be like a 7-9" tablet, right? Just rounder? Not perfect for watching HD movies, but good enough to get directions or buy tickets on Fandango.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know that a proper graphics tablet is the superior pointing device, at least until we can get a direct brain-to-machine interface going, but the next best thing is a trackpoint, obviously, and then touchscreens and touchpads.

Of course, these all have different advantages in different situations, and even the lowly trackball and the unwieldy computer mouse still have their places in the world.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree! The list of pointing devices in order of most awesomeness is thus: finger > Logitech Trackman > the touchpad on my MBP > every other touchpad ever > a normal trackball > a pointy stick > mouse > trackpoint.

This has been verified through extensive testing of my opinion, which has consistently held this list to be true.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to negotiate on everything but the graphics tablet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 444, 445, 446  Next
Page 401 of 446

Jump to: