Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 433, 434, 435  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't mind trackpoints, although they can make your finger a little sore after prolonged use.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I always set the sensitivity and velocity to be close to the maximum, with fairly high acceleration (and slight deceleration for precision). With these settings I feel that the trackpoint stresses my finger slightly less than a touchpad would.

Their main advantage is that you don't have to waste precious seconds moving a hand away from the keyboard to use them. Very handy for programmers (or anyone who edits intricate/complicated text, really) that are too lazy to properly learn all of the keyboard commands for vi or emacs, or want to have the option to use a pointing device anyway (read: me).

Touchpads have been growing on me recently, since the touchpad on my chromebook (my go-to internet device) is fairly nice.

paren paren paren paren paren lampshade paren
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

multitouch touchpads have the feature that's most useful to me as someone who mostly reads and writes on the computer, which is easy scrolling. With the right sensitivity so you're not accidentally highlighting and deleting things with your palms when they brush the touchpad as you type, they're great.

I've never used a graphics tablet as a pointing device, or for anything else... do the pressure-sensitive ones do anything for pointing? Point harder!
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uuuugh I told myself I was gunna hold off on pokemon and I lasted literally a day.

What the hell.

ANYWAY omg you can dress up your character and change their hair and it's the best. I just really want to find a bag store so I can get rid of this hideous pink bag she's carrying around.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
multitouch touchpads have the feature that's most useful to me as someone who mostly reads and writes on the computer, which is easy scrolling. With the right sensitivity so you're not accidentally highlighting and deleting things with your palms when they brush the touchpad as you type, they're great.
the chromebook touchpad is indeed multitouch
Quote:

I've never used a graphics tablet as a pointing device, or for anything else... do the pressure-sensitive ones do anything for pointing? Point harder!

Besides the obvious benefits, you can instantly point anywhere on the screen with great precision *le gasp*, and program the pen buttons to do whatever you want them to do. You want to scroll without even touching anything? Yeah, it'll do that.

It's the best of art utensil, touchpad (and yes, the new ones are multitouch), touchscreen (1-1 mapping; I don't particularly like the ones that are literally a screen), mouse, and pointy stick all wrapped up into one.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Uuuugh I told myself I was gunna hold off on pokemon and I lasted literally a day.

What the hell.

ANYWAY omg you can dress up your character and change their hair and it's the best. I just really want to find a bag store so I can get rid of this hideous pink bag she's carrying around.

STOP

I want it so bad (also I can finally be a poc omg omg) BUT I HAVE TO WAIT for DEC 5 because my aunt bought it and wants to give it then

BUT THE PAIN OF WAITING

ARGHHHH

Aurorus is the most gorgeous pokemons.

Sam we obviously like the same games. We should become game BFFs or something. Do I have you on Steam?
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post pictures of your outfit? I'm so curious as what you can wear in this game. I can't make up my mind if I want to go supergirly or androgynous.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah I don't think I have you on Steam but I'll try to shoot you my info when I'm home and have access to it. But yeah you're right, we totally have the same taste, lol.

So far my outfit isn't anything special. The starting outfit you get is actually super cute minus the pink hat and bag. I'll show you what I do have, though! (tonight, since I'm at work, hah.)

When I get something worth showing off I'll totally post pictures of that, too.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool cool.

I'm spoiling myself with some random dude's youtube walkthrough. And making mental notes of what to do different (also noting which fossil to pick. I already picked the wrong fossils before - freaking nightmare - I NEED AURORUS).
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahahaha okay so I guess I used part of my lunch hour to derp around and take pictures. I'm celebrating the fact that I found a good bag!

The only thing that bothers me about her outfit now is that the hat is actually navy blue and the rest is black/red/white. I adore her hair though, I'm torn between trying new styles for funsies and just keeping it as is cuz it's so adorable.

That's actually her default dress. I like it a lot.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is adorable! Maybe it's possible to get a black hat later on? I love how different the hair is too, I'm not a fan of the very long one.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what caught my eye? Her shoes. They aren't ridiculously girly They look like the comfortable sort of sneakers or shoes you'd expect to see someone wearing who has to walk for countless miles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like the kind of shoes I would actually wear, haha. Those are also default. If you want hair like that, Yinello, go for the 'bob' and keep the bangs the same (as in, non-existent). I was super happy to find out I could change the color.

As for the outfit colors, it turns out the shops have different items available every day, so like, I REALLY WANT FLY NOW so I can zoom around between towns and just shop every day. Until then, though, this outfit is pretty awesome so I'll survive.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's a little like Animal Crossing meets Pokemon? Win.

How many hairtypes are there? Can I go supershort? I know there's ponytails and all.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten the chance to play around with hair again because it's super expensive and I'm nowhere near that town. When I get Fly I'll be able to go wherever, but for now I've got limited shopping capabilities, lol.

I did totally get her a whole knew outfit though. I WANTED IT TO MATCH HER BIKE OKAY.

Pictures eventually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 433, 434, 435  Next
Page 402 of 435

Jump to: