welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 405, 406, 407 ... 441, 442, 443  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started playing Diablo III on the xbox.. Can't believe I waited this long!!! Smile
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be glad you did, there were tons of problems when it first came out.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sam: Interesting, you don't have the torchic or kanto starter. Currently I just caught an Absol (which took me 20 pokeballs!!), I'm hoping he'll be useful. I also came across a Drifloon (and of course my pokeballs were gone) and I'm wondering if I should catch him too. I was hoping for a Mareep but I do want to experiment.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually played D3 for the first time in over a year (on the PC) and yup, still destroys my wrist.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
@Sam: Interesting, you don't have the torchic or kanto starter. Currently I just caught an Absol (which took me 20 pokeballs!!), I'm hoping he'll be useful. I also came across a Drifloon (and of course my pokeballs were gone) and I'm wondering if I should catch him too. I was hoping for a Mareep but I do want to experiment.

Cool! I like Drifloon cuz he's adorbs. He's probably not the most useful, I guess? I mean, it just seems like he's vulnerable to a lot of shit, but at the same time, ghost moves can be handy.

For better or worse, I rarely even consider pokemon that don't have two types. Absol is pretty cool looking all the same, and dark is handy as hell. He's got a weakness to fairy type that is going to suck a lot, though.

I did use Torchic and Blastoise for a while but I couldn't justify two fire or two water. Lapras charmed the crap out of me by being a goddamned tank. Whenever I was having trouble, I'd just send Lapras out even if it wasn't strong against the opponent, it would just take a shit ton of damage until I could finally kill it. I would do the same with Delphox, too, but that was only because my starter is always laughably over leveled compared to everything else because it's pokemon tradition.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Yinello wrote:

Cool! I like Drifloon cuz he's adorbs. He's probably not the most useful, I guess? I mean, it just seems like he's vulnerable to a lot of shit, but at the same time, ghost moves can be handy.

For better or worse, I rarely even consider pokemon that don't have two types. Absol is pretty cool looking all the same, and dark is handy as hell. He's got a weakness to fairy type that is going to suck a lot, though.

I did use Torchic and Blastoise for a while but I couldn't justify two fire or two water. Lapras charmed the crap out of me by being a goddamned tank. Whenever I was having trouble, I'd just send Lapras out even if it wasn't strong against the opponent, it would just take a shit ton of damage until I could finally kill it. I would do the same with Delphox, too, but that was only because my starter is always laughably over leveled compared to everything else because it's pokemon tradition.

Ye the fairy gym is gonna be a pain. Venusaur is half poison so I guess that helps.

Ah I see, you had double of the same type. Lapras sounds mucho cool but Frogadier is prolly the better choice. I guess I'll just try whatever until I find what I like just like in Heart Gold. I can only find Mareep on route 12 so that's gonna be a while.

edit: just realized Gredinja is dark/water. Didn't realize that. I might trade Absol for Drifloon then.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really wish I hadn't chosen Fennekin as my starter.

Because I really really want an excuse to use Espurr. IT IS A PSYCHIC KITTEN THAT CAN CRUSH A BUS.

But I already have a psychic type!

And Fennekin ALSO means that if I go with the interesting birdtype (Fletchling), I double up on fire! (Since I think it becomes fire/flying)

Arrggh.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frogadier looks pretty badass, no lies. I considered picking him as my starter.

I have a sad affinity for Fire type, though. When in doubt? Set it on fire. A tried and true method to my pokemon history.

I'm probably going to make a team firebird at some point and pretend I'm a gym leader.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Felgraf: You don't *have* to use a starter. Wink

I'm 5 levels higher than most pokemon and still getting some bad dmg. Something tells me I have a glass cannon team.

Also for my own record:
-Frogadier
-Ivysaur
-Combusken
-Drifloon
-Aurorus
-random HM slave I still need to catch

Am I missing something? Should I get a fairy or dragon Pokemon?

Just got my second gym badge, yay. \o/ Also found the first clothing store but I didn't like any of the clothes. I'll check it out the day after, hope it changes to something good.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, it's entirely possible. I've got Lapras workin' as a tank, but also Gogoat does good as a tank, too.

I'm actually pretty happy with Surf as a move on Lapras, I've kicked a lot of ass with that move AND it's one that will hit multiple enemies (as well as your teammates, so there is that I guess). I was actually pretty disappointed with Hydro Pump when he got it because low accuracy annoys the snot out of me.

I dumped Fly onto Drifloon, which worked out pretty good because he has yet to learn a decent flying move on his own. Gogoat got strength which isn't super useful until I need a normal move. It's only happened once but it totally got me out of a tight scrape.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I had NO IDEA that this game throws so many cool Pokemon at you. First a mystery gift Torchic, then a Kanto Starter, then a fossil Pokemon, now a Lucario AND a Lapras?! How the heck am I supposed to choose? Why should I even bother going out to catch them? xD

I think I will also give my Drifblim fly. I don't know if I should keep Lapras considering I have the water starter.

My Venusaur is being kickass <3

Also just saw the mega evolution for the first time. Holy crap it's like I'm in a Sailor Moon anime.

I. Love. It.

EDIT: Put Lapras in the box and used Surf on Frogadier. Riding him isn't just as cool! ;.; It makes me a little sad.

editedit: caught a Mareep <3 Level 13 tho, but I'll bring it along for the ride thanks to exp share. I'm going to box my Blaziken, not because it's useless (the opposite) but because it's getting way overlevelled. I looked up the levels for the next gym, it's 10 levels already beyond that!
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooooh where did you find Mareep I want a Mareep I don't have one yeeet.

I'm still in the "I DON'T WANNA" stage of fighting the final four (i really hate stressful battles, i am the worst pokemon champion) so I've been wandering around a lot catching all the stuff I missed the first time around and mass breeding Eevee's to spam wonder trade with. I figure, if I'm gunna spam wonder trade I could at least do it with a pokemon most people like (and are basically created to be useful to have lots of 'em, if you're into getting every evolution)

It's getting kind of stale though. I should considering overleveling the crap out of my team and seeing if I can blast through the final four... >.>;
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a fairly nice move, Creative Assembly is apologizing for the ridiculous numbers of bugs and crashes in Rome 2 at launch by making their first bits of DLC free (until the end of the month).

BRB crushing Europe under Scythian hooves.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Oooooooh where did you find Mareep I want a Mareep I don't have one yeeet.

I'm still in the "I DON'T WANNA" stage of fighting the final four (i really hate stressful battles, i am the worst pokemon champion) so I've been wandering around a lot catching all the stuff I missed the first time around and mass breeding Eevee's to spam wonder trade with. I figure, if I'm gunna spam wonder trade I could at least do it with a pokemon most people like (and are basically created to be useful to have lots of 'em, if you're into getting every evolution)

It's getting kind of stale though. I should considering overleveling the crap out of my team and seeing if I can blast through the final four... >.>;

Route 12, I caught mine near the Skiddo farm. I had to use honey so they came in a swarm and then killed them off one by one before using poison powder on the last one... It took FOREVER but it was worth it. <3 Now I have a glorious Ampharos by my side. I'll see if I can find an Ampharite or whatever they are called.

I'm kind of addicted to Mega Evolution o.o

I heard you can catch an eevee, which route is that?

I'm at the fifth badge but I will probably go on to do the Final Four unless clothes stores come up first. xD
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipping eff, I keep forgetting I need to level up my Amaura at night. I keep wondering why it won't evolve when everyone else has.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 405, 406, 407 ... 441, 442, 443  Next
Page 406 of 443

Jump to: