welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 446, 447, 448  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay. Well, then I just wont say anything til it's released.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

"Yeah, so I was beta testing today, and I did some stuff which lead to some other stuff. I found some broken stuff and a few other possible issue, but overall I had an experience of doing stuff."

So, it's your basic NDA.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much, but there are some specifics. Now, don't hold me to this, but one of the ones (off the top of my head) was you couldn't even say how long you were playing for in a given session.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a copy of the NDA,if that's helpful!

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/legal/nda

EDIT: Though I don't think they're actually going to track down your sinfest posts and go "AHA YOU SAID YOU WERE A BETA TRIAL PARTICIPANT, YOU VIOLATED THE NDA!", so I am pre-emptively saying don't worry too much about that, I think it's just a blanket "ULTIMATE SECRECY" sort of NDA.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it does specifically mention not talking about your beta testing in online forums.

Quote:
Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to, all information relating to the Beta Trial, Your selection as a Beta Trial participant, the Game (including but not limited to information and ideas relating to the Game, software, software code, designs, graphics, rules, playing strategies, artwork, visual depictions, plot, theme, settings, characters, characterizations, skills, emails, screenshots, marketing emails, marketing and promotional plans, current, future or proposed products or services of ZeniMax, written or printed documents, announcements or prereleases, product samples, artwork, graphics, promotional and/or marketing items), the Beta Trial forums and other private ZeniMax forums, business and/or trade secrets, testing protocols, processes, and standards relating to the Game and/or associated products or services of ZeniMax.

In particular, You must not discuss the Beta Trial with anyone associated with a competing videogame, any videogame publisher or developer, any news or information service (whether television, magazine, online, newspaper or otherwise), or review, report, online blog, or in any online forum or chat room, other than the official Beta Trial forum or specifically designated private ZeniMax forum.

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. If they thought she should follow the rules, they should have picked somebody who DIDN'T quote a ghostly ripoff artist in their application.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL OKAY SO I LIED SORRY.

Made a good story though, didn't it?

fuck
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
WELL OKAY SO I LIED SORRY.

Made a good story though, didn't it?

fuck

I think you'll be okay. I rather doubt they check these forums. And even if some MRA decides to try and be vindictive, they have no good way of proving *WHICH* elder scrolls account is yours.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, thanks guys <3. In unrelated news. I'm super excited for Zelda A Link Between Worlds. I think I'm gunna use it as a personal bribe to get my apartment cleaned before my parents come up on Thanksgiving. (If I do the kitchen, I can play Zelda for twenty minutes....)

I started replaying Spirit Tracks, which is a good game but OH MY GOD the stylus movement drives me completely insane like... 15% of the time. I'm stuck in a spot that I can't figure the puzzle out because I just keep accidentally walking too far and falling into lava.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it Samsally.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I'm stuck in a spot that I can't figure the puzzle out because I just keep accidentally walking too far and falling into lava.

Have you ever thought about how odd it is that your little avatar/character/whatever will do this? Imagine the game world from their perspective, and they just walk into things that will kill them. I want NPCs that will run up and grab you just as you get to the lava and then you have to spend half an hour answering questions about why you want to kill yourself before you can continue playing. Or the character should just not be willing to walk into lava. Maybe flip you the bird or something for trying to kill them.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, it would be super handy if they just refused.

I mean, I get making it difficult to do jumps and things, but literally in Spirit Tracks you just kind of... fall into lava, even when all you were trying to do was stand in a specific spot.

If you could control Link with the actual joystick or whatever it'd be easier to control -exact- placement, but you can't. You have to point at it with the stylus and hope for the best. If he's too close, he'll just assume you want him to plummet to his death -and then do it-.

Agh.

Well anyway, they seem to have learned their lesson, because in A Link Between Worlds you don't use the stylus to control movement. Huzzah.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in the elder scrolls beta for a while. I'll be voluntarily opting out of it soon. Do let me know when the NDA drops.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure they'll notify me at all but I'll keep an eye out.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Is it okay to ask if it's fun without asking for specifics?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 446, 447, 448  Next
Page 413 of 448

Jump to: