welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 418, 419, 420 ... 441, 442, 443  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoil away! I'm actually pretty curious now, lol.

(Glados omg you are so MEAN UGH.)
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Spoil away! I'm actually pretty curious now, lol.

(Glados omg you are so MEAN UGH.)

He was deeply in love with a fellow assassin named Rinna. During a job, his other assassin companion Taliesen told him that Rinna had betrayed them to their target and betrayal for the Crows is always met with death. Zevran decided to be loyal to the crows and let Taliesen kill Rinna in front of him all while she pleaded for her life and told him she loved him dearly. After the job he found out Rinna hadn't lied and she hadn't betrayed them either.

He was so heartbroken and disgusted at himself that he accepted what the Crows considered a suicide mission - to kill the Warden (apparantly you are considered some kind of legendary superhero already). Surprisingly you spare him and once he's smitten with you, he tells you it all.

I still feel Zevran, compared to Morrigan and Alistair, doesn't really have the best romance. All of the good stuff happens late in the game because you need to deal with the Crows and so forth and only at the ending after the Landsmeet does he give you the special earring to signify his love for you (and even then you can't coy him to say it, urgh!).

This game is old but I think what would've been nice if there was a cutscene moment where the Warden was injured really bad and if you had any LI fully romanced they'd let go of any of their appearances because they're so worried about you. Right now I feel like the Warden is just catering to them, no matter who they are. Gotta give something back!

Maybe a mod? Very Happy But I hope that in DA:I we get to at least tell out LIs off if they do something superstupid instead of sucking up to them for love points.

(like Alistair, you really think you can demand Loghain's head when all this time I've been making the decisions and we only have THREE wardens in Ferelden? Oh you want to leave and become a drunk nope I'm gonna warden-slap you and drag you back to duty because I'm the fucking commander)
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I would feel super skeevy using a mod like that for some reason. I mean, it's not like this fictional character has consent to give but it seems like taking it away all the same.

... I don't even...
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, Bioware is both a) extremely accepting of the LBGT community (to the point that I think both DA2 and DA:I have all romances as possible by both genders; and b) incredibly supportive of fans modding their games to get the best experience possible. All the mod does is change one little variable to make it that if you are a male you are not disqualified from attempting to romance Alistair. You still have to make sure to choose the right dialogue options (which is no less skeevy than a female romancing Alistair).

Modding a game is equivalent to fan fiction - you can't find one skeevy and not the other.
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess you *could* but that wouldn't really be consistent...

What the hell I am doing? I should get back to drinking, and stop drunk posting on the internet.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vox Raucus wrote:
What the hell I am doing? I should get back to drinking, and stop drunk posting on the internet.

The best solution, especially on New Years. Happy belated New Years, fellow BCer.

and a belated Happy New Years to the rest of Sinfest, too. Hope it is/was a good one.
It read 'Welcome to The End'
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I do get Samsally's point. I feel guilty whenever I wrong one of my companions in this game because they don't act like lifeless puppets whenever I stab one of their friends. When you make a fundamental change in their character it can feel a bit weird.

Like that horrible horrible Isabela whitewashing mod. :/

I installed the equal love mod and gonna make a male cousland for dem male lovings. Very Happy
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally broke down and bought ME3.

So, did they send Ashley to a combat cosmetology school between games?
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I installed some mods to make the Alistair romance more interesting. *rubs hands*
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vox Raucus wrote:
Seriously, Bioware is both a) extremely accepting of the LBGT community (to the point that I think both DA2 and DA:I have all romances as possible by both genders; and b) incredibly supportive of fans modding their games to get the best experience possible. All the mod does is change one little variable to make it that if you are a male you are not disqualified from attempting to romance Alistair. You still have to make sure to choose the right dialogue options (which is no less skeevy than a female romancing Alistair).

Modding a game is equivalent to fan fiction - you can't find one skeevy and not the other.

I'm not vilifying anyone for modding the game, jesus christ. I just tried to explain why I won't.

Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, who fucking knows, but ripping me a new one over why I personally choose not to do that is a dick move. I thought I made it clear that I understand it's just a feeling on my part with the whole acknowledging it's a fictional character bit.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
Finally broke down and bought ME3.

So, did they send Ashley to a combat cosmetology school between games?

Argh I got into a huge argument with some folks online about how, yes, there is still some Sexism even in games that try to be positive.

I tried to use Samara's outfit as an example, and then someone was trying to claim that Samara's ME2 outfit "Makes sense in character" and "Wasn't sexualized", and that by arguing that it was, *I* was clearly the latent rapist only able to think of women as sex objects.

Thaaaatt was a fun argument.

.. Wow that rant just came out of nowhere, sorry.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a bit bewildering. I had no idea who she was supposed to be until they said her name. What happened to my slightly racist asshole lady in proper armor?
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, David Gaider's responses on the official Bioware forums are pretty funny.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That conversation sounds super frustrating Felgraf.

If it's any consolation, if you were a lady they wouldn't imply you're a latent rapist, they'd probably just blow you off with "it's just a game it's not like it means anything." which was the tone a conversation I had recently took.

(I was talking about all the ladies getting killed off in Supernatural, so it was "It's just a show." but it's not like the sentiment doesn't get thrown around the gaming community all the time, anyway.)

Anyway, yay shitty arguments.

(Also I just realized I forgot to thank Yinello for explaining Zevran. Thanks Yinello! He does sound more interesting now, but a little angst ridden for my normal tastes. Alistair has his fair share of angst, but he hides it under goofy humor, which I appreciate.)
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
GOG is just giving away Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics for free until Saturday!
Why give these classics away for nothing? Because very shortly they may not be able to sell them at all.

Well, that just happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 418, 419, 420 ... 441, 442, 443  Next
Page 419 of 443

Jump to: