welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 420, 421, 422 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2783
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey, you say the sad truth. Sometimes I don't know why I stick around but I just love games way too much to let assholes run me out. In other news, David Gaider gives me hope that games in the future won't be shitty in this long thread filled with sexism and transphobia: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/17669454/1
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeD CHiKn



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 10227
Location: Baltimore, Maryla*gunshot*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
Not all, but a depressingly large percentage, yeah.


Not all, but the most vocal ones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CTrees



Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 3772

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Something that's probably not terrible is this quick look at 13 companies' official Steamboxes from Valve's shindig earlier.


We don't have a price on the controllers yet, do we?
_________________
“Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation”
yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fritterdonut



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 1191
Location: Hedonism

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Something that's probably not terrible is this quick look at 13 companies' official Steamboxes from Valve's shindig earlier.


I dunno, that article made me pretty depressed.
_________________
To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity.
-Howard Roark, The Fountainhead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6514

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have recommendations for super fun app games? I don't mind spending money on them if it's reasonable, but now that I have a shiny tablet I'd like to load it down with cool games.

(Keeping in mind that I think I have all of the android humble bundles already.)
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3316

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robot Unicorn Attack is still the best

Should be played with sound.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2783
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So someone told me that despite the scantily outfits outrage, Bravely Default was a game worth checking out. I checked out the first hour of gameplay of youtube and I want to shank that person for wasting my time on this drivel.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Monkey, you say the sad truth. Sometimes I don't know why I stick around but I just love games way too much to let assholes run me out. In other news, David Gaider gives me hope that games in the future won't be shitty in this long thread filled with sexism and transphobia: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/17669454/1


I got to the part where someone argued there is nothing wrong for thinking less of unattractive people. Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2783
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Yinello wrote:
Monkey, you say the sad truth. Sometimes I don't know why I stick around but I just love games way too much to let assholes run me out. In other news, David Gaider gives me hope that games in the future won't be shitty in this long thread filled with sexism and transphobia: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/17669454/1


I got to the part where someone argued there is nothing wrong for thinking less of unattractive people. Sad


Yeah that was really one major shitlord right there. "I think I´m totally justified in not saving someone´s life because I don´t think they look nice!" These type of shallow people wouldn't become lifesavers anyway.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2783
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An hour in Tales of the Abyss and the story is already >>> of the story of Bravely Default. Just goes to show how important a story is for a game. I don't even want to touch Bravely Default anymore.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 733

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
An hour in Tales of the Abyss and the story is already >>> of the story of Bravely Default. Just goes to show how important a story is for a game. I don't even want to touch Bravely Default anymore.


I will warn you it takes about 7 or so hours for the main character to reach the state of "Not wanting to slap the shit out of him."

/But yes, Tales of the Abyss is AMAZING.
//And I totally need to cosplay as Guy or Jade sometime.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3576
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for super fun app games? I don't mind spending money on them if it's reasonable, but now that I have a shiny tablet I'd like to load it down with cool games.

(Keeping in mind that I think I have all of the android humble bundles already.)


Cube Runner

it's free
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2783
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:
An hour in Tales of the Abyss and the story is already >>> of the story of Bravely Default. Just goes to show how important a story is for a game. I don't even want to touch Bravely Default anymore.


I will warn you it takes about 7 or so hours for the main character to reach the state of "Not wanting to slap the shit out of him."

/But yes, Tales of the Abyss is AMAZING.
//And I totally need to cosplay as Guy or Jade sometime.


I can totally deal with asshole protagonists because they're fun to make fun of. Also Tear is great, she doesn't set herself up super vurnerable or give out 100 speeches on how important her goal is while obviously being a damsel in distress (IM LOOKING AT YOU BRAVELY DEFAULT).
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6514

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently I have Tales of the Abyss and got distracted from it almost immediately? Clearly I should attempt to find it and start it up again.
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 733

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Apparently I have Tales of the Abyss and got distracted from it almost immediately? Clearly I should attempt to find it and start it up again.


It's really really really amazing and I actualy can't wait for both of you to finish it. (Because there's some plot stuff involving The Score that's hinted at but not outright stated and eee).

Basically it was a REALLY well written game, in my opinion.

/Also Jade is awesome.
//Even if he's kind of a prick.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 420, 421, 422 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Page 421 of 449

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group