welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425 ... 449, 450, 451  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
dragonagecrap.tumblr.com? I love that one!

xD

Well now I have to follow you. Your tumblr savvy has enraptured me!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting comparison of all the Laura Crofts. Personally, I like the 07 remake, which also seems to be the only REAL attempt at having the promo art match the actual in game rendering. She doesn't look like the "sexy cartoon" of the original box art:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. I like how she's gone from obvious tits galore icon to actual badass.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other front, I think the differences between the 1st and 2nd in-game models reveals a lot about art direction and how wrong it can go. To me the second one actually looks worse than the first in many respects, especially the face.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Nicely done. I like how she's gone from obvious tits galore icon to actual badass.

Certainly not linear progression though. It seems like they suffered a bit of a relapse in 2010.

Personally I like the new Lara Croft clothing/modeling, but I miss the older hair, holsters and sunglasses. Also the half finger gloves, because those were classic.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the triforce, link, use the triforce!

I want a yodachu!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/01/steamos-beta-adds-legacy-bios-official-dual-boot-support/
The SteamOS beta has picked up official BIOS and dual-boot support so you can try it out on a less-than-newest PC even if you have Windows installed, and invites for the streaming feature are going out.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might buy a Steambox if it turns out to be a viable way to get a nice computer without having to pay the Windows tax.

Whether I'd actually ever run SteamOS on it remains to be seen and probably depends on how frequently I'd end up playing games and the balance of how cumbersome other desktop environments (GNOME, Xmonad, or whatever) are for that purpose vs the inconvenience of rebooting. My general tendency to try to compartmentalize my computing might also play a part - like how currently I generally have a 'work' OS installation, or at least user account, that I use only for work (in theory, anyway). SteamOS might work quite nicely for me towards that end.

I'm not going to be buying a computer/console specifically for gaming anytime in the foreseeable future.

Quote:
In the words of the great Dogen, I did not have sexual relations with that tumblr."

Dogen, you sly dog, you
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the official Steamboxen will be trivially easy to install a different base OS to, and from there it probably won't be an issue to install the Steam Linux client for gaming purposes.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ageofwonders.com/classes/rogue/

They have succubi of varying races, which is interesting. Still not a big fan of succubi with their whole idea of 'sexy women are evil' but considering it's just a game mechanic, I'll live with it.

I'm crying because druid is dead last.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

They have succubi of varying races, which is interesting. Still not a big fan of succubi with their whole idea of 'sexy women are evil' but considering it's just a game mechanic, I'll live with it.

Maybe they should implement Incubi to keep the game gender neutral.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

I loved Shadow Magic SO MUCH. I wonder when ths is coming out?

*Checks release date* QUARTER ONE 2014 WHAT.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:

Duuuuuude you've been missing out. Go check out their news pages and class pages nao!11!
Felgraf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:

Duuuuuude you've been missing out. Go check out their news pages and class pages nao!11!

I'm already going to buy it! I actually try not to read too much about games these days, if I already know I want them. It makes the wait more unbearable

(DAMNIT DARK SOULS 2 COME OUT ALREADY wait no your current release date is right after the American Physics Society March meeting ends. .. And I need to still get data for that. NEVERMIND CARRY ON THEN)
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Quote:
In the words of the great Dogen, I did not have sexual relations with that tumblr."

Dogen, you sly dog, you

Ahahaha... that's awesome. But seriously, that tumblr and I are just friends. Depending on what your definition of the word "friends" is.

No one talks about my defeat of the Lovecraft clones anymore. I thought they'd forgotten.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425 ... 449, 450, 451  Next
Page 424 of 451

Jump to: