welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 444, 445, 446  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
So 'godmoding' is a word that's been around since literally I first booted up the internet and hopped into a Star Wars role playing chat room when I was 13 (hahahahashutup) and literally it wasn't until last year that I finally -got it-.

I mean I understood what it meant in generals, but I didn't put together 'mode' as in a game setting or whatever.

Way to go, me.

I'm playing as Yo'Dan, the Grey Jedi auspex of twilight force. I quadruple wield twin-bladed lightsabers that each has a blaster in the handle.

"So samsally you think you can stop me" Yo'Dan smirks at samsally. "well i, for one, think otherwise!" he smirked. Lighting all his lightsabers at once and firing a volley that hit samsally in both shoulders by taking her by surprise. "It seems I have taken you by surprise" Yo'Dan smirks. Yo'Dan did a triple backflip and lands behind Samsally and his leather trenchcoat falls to the ground like the sugoi branches of the cherry blossom in autumn desu. "Let ... the games begin." Yo'Dan smirked so hard you could see it in space, if you were sitting in his Millenium Falcon II (which is the original millenium falcon if it were better).
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC) Yo'Dan owns the millenium falcon II so don't get any funny ideas, its his ship.
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC) his lightsaber blades are curved like the thousand-folded blades of the noble Samurai and their blades of tamahagane steel which is the greatest steel. note that if you are going to be engaging him in lightsaber combat that you have to remember his blades are thus katana-level sharp energy and will actually cut through another lightsaber blade, but only if you know Yo'Dan's Seven Precepts of battōjutsu Ninjuyo that he learned from his ancient master that he is avenging.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by Sam, maybe I will have an RP where everyone godmodes.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Smash Bros. coming out for the 3DS this summer, and winter for the Wii-U. They'll have the exact same move sets, and the two platforms might interact with each other somehow. The stages will be different for each, though.
Also, Charizard is getting his own solo role apart from Pokemon Trainer and X/Y Pokemon Greninja was just revealed as a playable character (because we really needed more Pokemon in All Star Mode?)
All the player characters will move at 60fps on the 3DS, though the trophies and background elements will only render at 30fps to avoid bogging down the hardware. The 3Ds version is also using a slightly cartoonier, black-outlined and cell-shaded style.
Presentation here.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra Pentaghast and Cullen are both confirmed Love Interests and Companions in Dragon Age Inquisition.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to see DA2 as proper canon. Sorry Dragon Age fans. Too much of the game annoyed me.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I refuse to see DA2 as proper canon. Sorry Dragon Age fans. Too much of the game annoyed me.

Playing the demo for it was enough to chase me away. Although, considering how Bioware COMPLETELY FUCKED UP THE XBOX 360 DLC, I was pretty pissed at them at the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I liked DA2 ^.^;

I mean, not as much as the original, but I definitely liked it a lot. I very nearly beat it, which is... not common for me.

In other news, I -did- beat Batman Arkham City and it was fun. Got kinda sick of the gross shit some of the inmates would say, though.

Plus there was this one part where you literally save a goon, take him down from where he's tied up, and he starts punching you... then you immediately stumbled upon Harley Quinn, bound and gagged. You have the option to take the tape off her mouth (so I did of course) and she spews story whatever... then, your only option is to -put the fucking tape back-.

Like apparently goons are worth saving even when you know they'll turn on you but Harley we'll just leave tied to a fucking pole like some kind of goddamned sacrifice.

Ugh.

Burn everything.

Otherwise the game was fun. I still have a disturbing fondness for lurking in the rafters and stringing bad guys up by their ankles.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed DA2 for my first playthrough. I could not play it again, though, because of the utterly inexcusable repetition of environments.

It was pretty shameful, honestly.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!! ALPHA CENTAURI IS GETTING A SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR!

http://kotaku.com/were-getting-a-sci-fi-civilization-and-it-sounds-fant-1561510976

By the people that did XCOM: Enemy Unknown!

... In the year, and timeframe, I am probably going to be trying to write my thesis. FUCK.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^
|||||||||||

SUPER AWESOME!

Why you're a scumbag in The Stanley Parable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLTzv-mqiKE

I think he pretty much nails it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that is ACTUALLY alpha centauri 2, I can predict a number of blown college semesters among my friends

if it's civ 5 in space, mehhhhhhhh
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civ 5 has to be one of the single biggest let downs I've ever experienced. It could have been GREAT, but it was such mind-numbing, hollow shell of a game that it made it that much more painful.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Civ 5 has to be one of the single biggest let downs I've ever experienced. It could have been GREAT, but it was such mind-numbing, hollow shell of a game that it made it that much more painful.

Eh, once they releasedthe two expansion (Gods and Kings, Brave New World), it got MUCH better.

And before you go "Well, I'm not paying extra to make a game comparable to Civ IV!", remember mostof the time when people talk about/think about Civ IV, they're thinking of it+it's expansions-including Beyond the Sword.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 444, 445, 446  Next
Page 434 of 446

Jump to: