welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 449, 450, 451  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone currently playing ESO? Is it as glitchy as people say it is?
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notes from Heroes of the Storm alpha.

Sound and visual design is top-notch as you would expect. Aside from the in-game font which is hilariously small and hard to read. The tutorial actually has a couple good laugh out loud moments.

Various game modes are fairly refreshing, even if they all boil down to "lane until map says to teamfight, jungle and return to lane after teamfight, repeat until someone wins." Mostly it feels good. Like Starcraft 2, I expect the game won't really start until the map editor is released (because Blizzard still really doesn't know how to make maps).

Champions are... disconcerting. I try not to give too much weight to balance since alpha is alpha, but there are lots of little things (and some very big things) wrong with more champions than not. Mostly of it can be fixed, some of it is going to be a big problem if they don't scrap it entirely. The talent system means that late game champions have a metric fuck-ton of (mostly) invisible power, and preventing talents from boiling down to "use this or be bad" is going to be a herculean effort.

There's an awful lot of raw potential here, but I have the sneaking suspicion that it will be the Hearthstone to LoL's M:tG. Welcoming, flashy, and a great gateway drug to the rest of the genre, but just a smidge too shallow to really hold me.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody have some cool PC skyrim mods they recommend? Preferably that can be downloaded through steam because i'm a pile of pathetic right now and probably can't handle anything too complicated?
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
anybody have some cool PC skyrim mods they recommend? Preferably that can be downloaded through steam because i'm a pile of pathetic right now and probably can't handle anything too complicated?

:D

Really Useful Dragons
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really games but comic books:

CBR is restarting their forums because "fans" went out of their way to attack one of their guest contributors.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really games but comic books:

CBR is restarting their forums because "fans" went out of their way to attack one of their guest contributors.
Echo

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:

Dunno if it's on Steam, but I'm going to try Companion Vilja next time I fire up Skyrim. I recently went through Oblivion with the previous incarnation of Vilja, and it really gave the game an extra depth - OK, not perfect, but the interaction was so much richer for having another character who commented on all your quests, and even had her own quests to fulfil.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kind of blows my mind that people can write in brand new characters with stories and everything.

I think a mod I really want and I haven't found in steam yet is just an upgraded map screen. Just, for the love of god, show me where the roads are.

I don't know maybe that doesn't even need to be a mod, maybe i should just find a picture. I don't have a printer though, damn.
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Quality World Map - With Roads
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
It kind of blows my mind that people can write in brand new characters with stories and everything.

I think a mod I really want and I haven't found in steam yet is just an upgraded map screen. Just, for the love of god, show me where the roads are.

I don't know maybe that doesn't even need to be a mod, maybe i should just find a picture. I don't have a printer though, damn.

If that blows your mind, wait until Enderal is released.

Enderal is/will be a mod made by the people who made Nehrim for Oblivion. Nehrim was a 'mod' that, uh.

.. Well, you downloaded a .exe, ran it, and it went "Okay. I'm going to copy your oblivion folder, put the copy here, and then install myself over it. I'm doing this because otherwise you are nooottt playing normal oblivion again without completely uninstalling everything.)

Nehrim had its own map, it's own game setting (*Completely unrealted to elder scrolls) own voice acting (In.. german, but they had subtitles! And Enderal will have english VA's), its own leveling system (Somehow they made it so enemies COULD give experience points), etc.

I cannot wait to see what they do with the skyrim engine.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vox Raucus wrote:
A Quality World Map - With Roads

I really want that one but I am a giant pile of fail when it comes to doing... really anything, right now, and I'm afraid I'm gunna eff up installing it.

Felgraf: That does sound really cool, you should post about it when it comes out if you try it and tell us what its like.
Echo

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this, from Steam's Workshop thingy? Apparently incorporates one of the map options from Vox Raucus' link...
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg thank you so much, that looks perfect.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it turns out the steam one won't install the map anyway, it just installs a bunch of markers you may or may not want. Good news is, the actual map from nexus is super easy to install and looks amazing, so hey. *throws confetti*
Echo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! At least you got the map working and know where all the roads are.

Now try to stay off them unless you want to run in to the Thalmor, which inevitably leads to a fight, and equally inevitably leads to lugging around even more mid-level looted gear... ;-D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 449, 450, 451  Next
Page 436 of 451

Jump to: