welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 358, 359, 360 ... 446, 447, 448  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Should be fixed now.

A size comparison between the space you have in SimCity 5 against SimCity 4.

Wow. Is that for real? I wasn't actually paying attention to this game outside of the general giggles I get at how fucked up the mechanics were. I thought all those videos were just showing part of the map...

They are planning to sell extra space for money, right?

God this is just dumb. I am going to tell my friend about this. He wants to get a new computer to play this game because his current computer can't actually play any other simcity anyway (I sympathize, my previous computer couldn't either). He should not be buying this game.

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Should be fixed now.

A size comparison between the space you have in SimCity 5 against SimCity 4.

Wow. Is that for real? I wasn't actually paying attention to this game outside of the general giggles I get at how fucked up the mechanics were. I thought all those videos were just showing part of the map...

Seems legit.

Quote:

I'm almost completely certain. The question is, should anybody give them that money?

Quote:
God this is just dumb. I am going to tell my friend about this. He wants to get a new computer to play this game because his current computer can't actually play any other simcity anyway (I sympathize, my previous computer couldn't either). He should not be buying this game.

Tell him to buy Tropico 4 instead. Unfortunately he just missed out on a big sale that just so happened to coincide with SimCity being revealed for a sham.
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

Quote:

I'm almost completely certain. The question is, should anybody give them that money?

Well obviously not. If the game wasn't broken like fuck I'd say it was still not worth it, but that's because I think it's kinda scummy to do this tactic.

DLC is great. But they're clearly going the scummy route of just breaking up the game and giving you the very basics and selling you the rest of the game piecemeal. They're bordering on being a fucking scam.

Quote:

Quote:

Tell him to buy Tropico 4 instead. Unfortunately he just missed out on a big sale that just so happened to coincide with SimCity being revealed for a sham.

Guy loves Tropico too, but I think he already has it. In fact, I think he destroyed his laptop with it. Lowest settings and you could still get first degree burns if you put it on your lap.

man, tropico is an awesome game. also, Caesar. that game was awesome.

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bordering on? Given the promises they made up to release and the direct statements about the necessity of offloading computations to "the cloud," I'd say it is a scam. I'm waiting for the lawsuit.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if we could hold EA responsible for releasing this clusterfuck.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was on lolpro today and they had massive sidebar ads for Simcity and the words "winner of 26 PC game awards." I can't help but wonder, what are these awards? Is there a video game version of the razzies that I'm not aware of?

Even more amusing, they're touting a 10/10 score from Eurogamer. Which would be neat, if not for the 4/10 that Eurogamer is actually giving the game.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In news of the definitely-not-EA variety, the Humble Bundle is introducing a weekly sale schedule outside of the bundle events!
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
Each Tuesday, a different game goes on sale for seven days with all the usual HB perks! Pay what you want, cross-platform, DRM-free, optional Steam keys (for purchases over $1), charity options, etc. Also available are bonuses for exceeding certain amounts.

This week is Bastion! Pay over the average amount to get the soundtrack and other digital perks that weren't available in previous Bundle sales. Pay over $25 to get some physical merch!
Desire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so busy all week so I didn't get to 'break' any of the Simcity news. Rolling Eyes

But since Graeme was away all last week, I did get to play Simcity on his computer for a couple hours late one night... after not being able to connect to the servers for over 8 hours (not that I was trying continuously but often enough I'd walk by and hit the connect button). Meh, it is okay if you aren't expecting too much. Is it worth $60? No. I think I'd pay about $10 for it. And I am a long-time SimsCity fan, I have/have had pretty much every version of the game but maybe that is why I wouldn't pay that much for it.

The CEO who is stepping down (soon, anyway) was a big supporter of this platform in their games, I've read, and it has proved to be a failure in almost every way. So I'm not surprised he is taking all the blame and quitting. I want to be optimistic and hope that the new guy will fix things up a bit but I have been an EA customer too long, I think. Here's hoping though, I guess.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has a close cousin that has worked at EA too long and is too high up for me to be more specific about other than to say he's not involved in game production, so let's call him "Bob". From talking to him earlier today, He just got back earlier this week from visiting out west and got to chit chat some with "Bob" when they met up for drinks one night. Long story short, a bunch of people have been trying to jump ship but apparently EA doesn't look so good on a resume anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me at "from the makers of Bastion."

Want. NAO.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are these feelings!?
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frick I still need to finish Bastion.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have thoughts on Remember Me? I think it sounds really cool. Plus I want to throw money at them because apparently they had to fight tooth and nail to get the protagonist to stay a woman and I like to encourage that kind of thing.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little early for the reviews since the game isn't even coming out until summer.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whine* But I want it naaaaaaow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 358, 359, 360 ... 446, 447, 448  Next
Page 359 of 448

Jump to: