Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wedding Garble
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2372
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Wedding Garble Reply with quote

So with my upcoming wedding, I'm probably going to have a million thoughts on it and I'd rather keep it in one place. Other weddings are also allowed here Razz

Ring: GET! But still feels a little tight I dunno? I never wear rings. I can always ask them to make it a little bigger.

Dress: GET!

Location: GET!

Catering: GET!

Photographer (not my idea): GET!

Guest invitations: GET! and SENT!

Cake: Mother in law will get (please get some delicious cake)

Flowers: Pff only if I have to and not with my monies

Holiday booking: GET!

Bikini: Yeah gotta shop - I don't care if I gained weight, I wanna cute new bikini

Pictures soon.
_________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck had a chainsaw?


Last edited by Yinello on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6072

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you had the ring? Ring size can be kinda tricky because finger size can fluctuate quite a bit based on a bajillion different things (main one is usually whether or not you're retaining water, though, which is a normal thing that happens and can be affected by the weather of all things).

I'd say try it on at random times in the day if you can, and see what you think of the size. A proper fit should be able to spin on your finger and get over your knuckle with just a little bit of resistance. If your finger is being bloaty it could feel tighter at some times of the day and that's usually okay, as long as you can get it off easily most of the time.

I dunno if this is helpful or not. I get kinda paranoid about over-tight rings though =\
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeD CHiKn



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 10222
Location: Baltimore, Maryla*gunshot*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I said it before, but congratulations on the wedding! Err, well the engagement at least. Best wishes for the wedding though!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2372
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
How long have you had the ring? Ring size can be kinda tricky because finger size can fluctuate quite a bit based on a bajillion different things (main one is usually whether or not you're retaining water, though, which is a normal thing that happens and can be affected by the weather of all things).

I'd say try it on at random times in the day if you can, and see what you think of the size. A proper fit should be able to spin on your finger and get over your knuckle with just a little bit of resistance. If your finger is being bloaty it could feel tighter at some times of the day and that's usually okay, as long as you can get it off easily most of the time.

I dunno if this is helpful or not. I get kinda paranoid about over-tight rings though =\


For a week or so. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it out. I still have oodles of time before the wedding.
_________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck had a chainsaw?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2372
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Not sure if I said it before, but congratulations on the wedding! Err, well the engagement at least. Best wishes for the wedding though!


Thanks! Here's hoping my soon to be mother in law won't try to make it a huge Christian thing (SO and I are both Atheists...).
_________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck had a chainsaw?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2372
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My (ten years younger) sister just told me she wants to spend her birthday money on buying me gifts for my honeymoon.

Excuse me I'm attacked by the onion ninjas
_________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck had a chainsaw?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Falkonn



Joined: 05 Aug 2006
Posts: 297
Location: Beneath the pile of babies~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

Thanks! Here's hoping my soon to be mother in law won't try to make it a huge Christian thing (SO and I are both Atheists...).


Good luck with that. It can be a bit dicey, but in my experience the biggest thing that quieted that chatter was when my mother in law told my mom that it was our wedding and they were going to be supportive of what we wanted. It is your wedding, it's not for your mother in law. This is your big day so do it the way that you want to do it if you can!

I don't know if that helps any. Maybe if your parents and in laws chat about wedding related activities beforehand they can find a way to slip in something similar in a very polite but firm manner like mine did. Also congratulations!!! =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeD CHiKn



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 10222
Location: Baltimore, Maryla*gunshot*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:
Not sure if I said it before, but congratulations on the wedding! Err, well the engagement at least. Best wishes for the wedding though!


Thanks! Here's hoping my soon to be mother in law won't try to make it a huge Christian thing (SO and I are both Atheists...).


My uncle snubbed my sister at her wedding because there was no God in the ceremony. Like actually made a scene out of ignoring her.

My aunt, his sister, let him have it. She cut his entire portion of the family out of the will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
eureka00



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1970
Location: Pretzel City

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the engagement too, not sure I remember saying so before. Hubby and I aren't terribly religious either, but I wanted to get married in grandma's church anyways. Like Falkonn said, it's your wedding and your day. You have whatever you want. Traditional isn't for everyone. I will say that the bridesmaids dresses took way longer to come in than I expected, and I was very nervous about those. I was also really nervous about the guy's tuxes fitting right. The clothing for those attendants really was the only thing that turned me into bridezilla. Everything else went very smoothly because I had planned it a long long ways in advance.
_________________
Eureka00: "Reminding you of your addictions" since 1982.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 16633
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations, Yinello! and i will hope also that you don't end up having to deal with Other People trying to take over the event. all i can offer is a suggestion that, while it may be your day, the really important thing is that it is the start of the rest of your life - and maybe focus on the fact that, whatever else happens, after this day you and your sweetie get to make the rest of your lives together, and that will be true no matter what kind of fit everyone else has. then concentrate on turning the fits into good stories you can tell for years to come.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Gary



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 6218
Location: Some pub in England

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have everything covered Yinello. Congratulations & best wishes!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ennis



Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 488
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone else seems to have said it but still, congrats! Are you going with any particular wedding theme?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10424
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have a Wedding Crashers themed wedding!


I have the best ideas!



Possibly, you should not try to hook up with all the single ladies at your wedding, though.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2372
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkonn wrote:
Yinello wrote:

Thanks! Here's hoping my soon to be mother in law won't try to make it a huge Christian thing (SO and I are both Atheists...).


Good luck with that. It can be a bit dicey, but in my experience the biggest thing that quieted that chatter was when my mother in law told my mom that it was our wedding and they were going to be supportive of what we wanted. It is your wedding, it's not for your mother in law. This is your big day so do it the way that you want to do it if you can!

I don't know if that helps any. Maybe if your parents and in laws chat about wedding related activities beforehand they can find a way to slip in something similar in a very polite but firm manner like mine did. Also congratulations!!! =)


Oh we know. It's going to be a small fun wedding with food and chatter. No churches or whatnot, just a simple ceremony at the government's building and then party at my house. Very Happy Thanks!
_________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck had a chainsaw?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2372
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Yinello wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:
Not sure if I said it before, but congratulations on the wedding! Err, well the engagement at least. Best wishes for the wedding though!


Thanks! Here's hoping my soon to be mother in law won't try to make it a huge Christian thing (SO and I are both Atheists...).


My uncle snubbed my sister at her wedding because there was no God in the ceremony. Like actually made a scene out of ignoring her.

My aunt, his sister, let him have it. She cut his entire portion of the family out of the will.


Dang, that's right out of a soap serie. Good for your aunt in sticking with your sister.
_________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck had a chainsaw?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group