welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5/29/07 - Hip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you bitching about it!?

WHY!?

What makes you think any of these feelings you have are not just some bullshit little quirk inspired by your own jealousy?
Secret

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you bitching about my bitching about it?
Keign

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain.Damage wrote:
Why are you bitching about it!?

WHY!?

What makes you think any of these feelings you have are not just some bullshit little quirk inspired by your own jealousy?

Because it bugs him. Get over it. People bitch about things that annoy them. Live with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret: when I have something worth saying I say it, when I don't I try to keep my mouth shut. Tell me, would posting the same "fuckin' awesome" I think when I see most of the new comics over and over and over send you into a similar blind, irrational, projecting, omni-directional rage?

Also, to think I would try to take credit for what other people say or even care about "who contributes how much" is fucking ludicrous, just because you equate post-count with worth doesn't mean everyone else does.
Secret

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
Secret: when I have something worth saying I say it, when I don't I try to keep my mouth shut. Tell me, would posting the same "fuckin' awesome" I think when I see most of the new comics

Are you saying that you lack the cognitive abilities to point out any specific thing you like or dislike in the comic?

Also, I appreciate the new words in my mouth!
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it simply seems unnecessary most times.

With this one for example I agree with your post that Ariel on air guitar was what made the comic, but to say so is unnecessary because the people who agree are already thinking it (or posting it) and those who don't care are arguing the meaning of "hip".

However if you'd like I can do my best to point out the obvious whenever possible, I just dislike wasting words.

On a side note though, does anyone come right into the forums without viewing the main page?
Twister87

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't.
Keign

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:

On a side note though, does anyone come right into the forums without viewing the main page?

Yep.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't either.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always start with the comic. but since some of the threads about various strips go on for several days, i like having the comic there at the top of the thread, so i can remind myself of the details without having to go over to the archives.
Yorick

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:

I read the comic on the main page (generally) as part of my regular daily (mostly) comics reading. I used Firefox's "open all in tabs" function to open several at once. I'll access the forum directly, pretty much always at a different time and or place. Sometimes I see the comic here first, sometimes from the intermittent LJ feed (which I believe is just from some random yutz who goes and posts it), but I always open the comics page with the rest.

Isn't that more than you needed to know? Hmmm?
WhupAs101

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really saw the point of posting the comic up just for the sake of posting it. If a comic is generally kind of "blah" then it really doesn't need a thread for discussion. Seeing a series of posts that say "I didn't think this one was all that funny" or just a generic "I liked this one" is sort of pointless.

But hey, whatever puts snakes on your plane. At least this prevents a ton of threads about the same comic building up.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have my panties in a bunch over it like Secret does, but it does seem rather pointless to nominate yourself the comic thread starter, that starts threads to discuss the comic but doesn't discuss the comic. If you're starting a thread it's to discuss something, at least put your two cents in.

If you don't have two cents to put in, let someone else post the comic that has two cents to put in. I don't think that's rocket science. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it either. *shrug*
Dro

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: AWB "tell me tell me do you think you know" + Reply with quote

%#&@ wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Tat loses page views
ow, that's ng Crying or Very sad me all ways hit the non-php am erstens Smile

I do the same.
jwing

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: AWB "tell me tell me do you think you know" + Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
%#&@ wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Tat loses page views
ow, that's ng Crying or Very sad me all ways hit the non-php am erstens Smile

I do the same.

you... understood that?

translation, please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: