Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRINKING NOW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 242, 243, 244  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Do you need links for your hoarding problem?

Probably. =P I just need an excuse to start cracking bottles. Now that we have this new place, we'll be hosting dinner parties a lot. I'm going to go through them eventually...if I can stop from buying more. Plus on many nights I just take a couple glasses from the Black Box, when I'm just in the mood for a nice sip, not to explore a different wine.

Dogen wrote:
I've never had a Mike's in the US... I hear they're made with malt liquor instead of vodka (how they make them in Canada). Gross.

I've never had Mike's outside the US. Apparently I need to try it. The worst I ever got sick from drinking was when I drank like 7+ bottle of Mike's, but in a unique way. We had cherry vodka, I would drink half the Mike's, and then fill it back up with cherry vodka. Did that 7 times, at least that I can remember. The problem I found is, Mike's and cherry vodka really holds the vodka out of your system for AWHILE. Then it all starts to hit you. 3 1/2 bottles of vodka hitting your system is a shock. Hahaha Even Cowboy Cool-aide doesn't sneak up on you that badly!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny. The sickest I've ever been was after drinking "cherry coke" - a third of a pint of coke, topped off with vodka and cherry liqueur. Cherry flavoring, man. It fucks you up.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely the cherry! I knew it! It's a conspiracy. The cherries are tired of grapes having a place of honor in wine. They're here to take over their turf.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
My cheap drinking budget comes down to Black Box. Seriously, never knew boxed wine could be good. It's no where near what a good bottle is of course, but it's far from crappy.

But I'm a wine snob. Became one when I was the Director at an art gallery. Worked with a sommelier closely that I became close friends with. We put on some sweet wine tastings in the gallery as a new type of event to get people coming in, and doing that so much, both my wife's and my own taste for wine became very acute. Since we just moved and in doing so realized how much crap we had, I know I have exactly 23 bottles of wine. My wife said I'm not allowed to buy any more until we go through some. =P So, yeah. I'm a wine hoarder apparently.

Bottles are a legitimate collectable and in some cases can be worth quite a fortune. Like this one for just shy of $2000: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Glass-Bottle-Royal-Seal-mark-Krischwasser-Schladerer-with-Signature-/221126666994?pt=Antiques_Decorative_Arts&hash=item337c2d2af2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adyon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay in a hundred years, even my wine hoarding might be worth something!

(Besides a good time on a Saturday night) Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Do you need links for your hoarding problem?

Probably. =P

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/red-wine-beef-stew-with-potatoes-and-green-beans-recipe/index.html
Adyon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a good option. =3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so yeah. this vodka is helping. like. really. god damn. it's like half past 4. gonna wait until I sober up a bit before sleeping. less hangover that way.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went to the local thirst establishment fixer and they had the nerve to offer me some out of date RTD's for free. Gordons and ruby red grapefruit in a 2L cask. I still haven't needed to resort to it yet.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sinfest.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5308&start=2641

http://www.sinfest.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5308&start=2642
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever go to a bar that has beer that is barely tolerable to shit beer? Yeah, I drank the barely tolerable variety tonight.

I'm also doing the twitter thing; you should stalk/follow me: http://twitter.com/sillygurlroo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, because I live on the west coast. Every bar here has something worth drinking. You should come check it out.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
No, because I live on the west coast. Every bar here has something worth drinking. You should come check it out.

^This.

Although I had a rather nasty can of micro-brew lager today. Can't remember the name of the brewery, but it tasted cheap. Like Colt 45 or Budweiser thats rather stale.

Also, Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey is delicious. Mixes really smoothly with Pepsi, Coke or Sprite and tastes like cinnamon gum or cinnamon hearts. Just have to be careful not to gulp down too much.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

Detroit has a lot of those bars too. I was not at one of them. We have great breweries here too. I was not at one of them. And yes, I love your side of the world stop trying to rub it in ya big jerk! Twisted Evil

I'm also doing the twitter thing; you should stalk/follow me: http://twitter.com/sillygurlroo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey

Want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 242, 243, 244  Next
Page 225 of 244

Jump to: