welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRINKING NOW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 244, 245, 246  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean that burnt, tounge texture? Because I can totally taste that.

I have wine. Really good italian wine. I have to be up early. I REBEL! Wait, no I don't because this is rather important work stuff that I have to be up early for.

Wow okay, I think these drunk spikes are shortlived so yay?

Pint

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maker's Mark... Not as good as I thought it would be... but still gets job done
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Jerry Rum and Mountain Dew. It tastes like banana-flavored circus peanuts. I've added cranberry juice, so now it is tropical circus peanuts - which is better enough to drink.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come to the conclusion Jack Daniel's is best enjoyed while sitting in the open bed of a small pickup truck doing 60km/h down a bumpy dirt logging road, while trying to simultaneously smoke a cigar at the same time. Then do all of the above while avoiding a chainsaw and a spare tire also in the bed of the pickup truck and also bouncing all over the goddamn place, and trying to avoid being flung out of the truck.

And it still tastes somewhat like I'm attempting to drink a liquefied piece of oak furniture, but I guess that's more pleasant than most hard spirits, so I'll manage.

On a plus note, I was nicely buzzed by the time we hit the hot springs, made swimming in them even more pleasant.

Also reporting that King Heffy was very good beer and everyone who tried a bit thought so too. Will be picking up more sooner or later.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox Barrel rhubarb and elderberry cider. Just about the only alcoholic drink I enjoy without diluting into other things.

Yesterday I made the mistake of trying to create an ice cream float with it. Thankfully I didn't waste too much of it.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo! i just tried that one (the cider, not the cider-based ice cream float). it really was quite tasty.

i could really get into ciders, but it means going to the local BevMo!, and i always end up with way too much other stuff as well.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was introduced to "fire cider," aka "angry balls," a few weeks ago... terribly good. It's just cider (such as Angry Orchard) and a shot of Fireball cinnamon whiskey. Bam. Deliciousness all up in your mouth hole.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I was introduced to "fire cider," aka "angry balls," a few weeks ago... terribly good. It's just cider (such as Angry Orchard) and a shot of Fireball cinnamon whiskey. Bam. Deliciousness all up in your mouth hole.

I guess it would be something like a spiced cider then?

I love Fireball but the stuff makes me feel sick if I drink a whole bottle of it. Might be good to find something I can mix it with.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's just that generally well-loved flavor of apples and cinnamon (or pear and cinnamon if you're into that kind of thing). And cold and refreshing, which is nice this time of year. Also, a lot of my friends are gluten free, and so they can't drink beer (sad story). So cider is their go-to drink, and it's nice way to spice it up.

fritterdonut wrote:
I love Fireball but the stuff makes me feel sick if I drink a whole bottle of it.

I think you could substitute most liquors into that sentence. Moderation, etc, etc.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
fritterdonut wrote:
I love Fireball but the stuff makes me feel sick if I drink a whole bottle of it.

I think you could substitute most liquors into that sentence. Moderation, etc, etc.

I'm fine with most "vanilla" (as in, plain) liquors, like rum, whiskey, and vodka, but something about Fireball makes me feel terrible after about 10 shots or so... probably the extra cinnamon. 10 shots of Jack Daniels or Stolichnaya leaves me feeling fine.

I probably drink too much, I blame my tolerance for alcohol. Even after not drinking for months, a mickey (13 oz) of liquor still doesn't do much more than make me more talkative than usual.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds super expensive.

Some back of the envelope math!
Rum and coke: ~2 oz rum, ~8oz of coke
Google tells me a fifth of rum (750ml) is about 25ozs, or about 12 rum and cokes. A 2-liter of coke costs like... $1.80. A fifth of Bicardi Gold costs about $25 (huh, that's a buck an ounce, I just realized). A rum and coke at home, then, costs me about $2.21. On average, not accounting for meals or sleep or whatever, it takes about four before I'm really feeling it (but only two before I won't drive - don't be an asshole). So I can have a good time at home/a party for about $9. That's a savings of lots of money!
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much stuck buying a mickey of liquor for somewhere around $10-$18 (which is surprisingly close to your $1 an oz for booze), then either buying or bumming some cheap beers off of a friend. That'll get me buzzed. I've never actually been black-out drunk, or anywhere really close, I suspect.

The only mixed drink I drink is 50/50 vodka and cola. Which got me a lot of odd looks when I went to Cuba, being rum territory and all. Lots of "Did you mean rum and coke?" questions from bartenders and the like.

I don't own a car, and I don't let my friends drive drunk. I'm generally the most sober person at a party, so I generally see it as my responsibility to keep people out of danger.

Maybe I'll see if I can pick up a bottle of proper 190 proof Everclear if I visit Alberta this summer. You can't buy it in BC unless you have a permit to use it for lab use or industrial use Laughing
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
oooo! i just tried that one (the cider, not the cider-based ice cream float). it really was quite tasty.

i could really get into ciders, but it means going to the local BevMo!, and i always end up with way too much other stuff as well.

It really is! I don't like many ciders, and my supertaster-ness limits me to this or something like Smirnoff. This is loads better. I shoud try the other lavors, but rhubarb and elderberry is so perfect. Smile

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
It really is! I don't like many ciders, and my supertaster-ness limits me to this or something like Smirnoff. This is loads better. I shoud try the other lavors, but rhubarb and elderberry is so perfect. Smile

It's okay, the elderberry is the best of the bunch by a long shot. I just wish Angry Orchard had a bit more flavor - it is a bit light for my preferences.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had to face a terrible truth.

Alcohol is no longer safe to drink for me. I've been healthy for a while now, went out had a beer, a beer, and went home only to be sick as a dog.

Must have been a fluke. Sunday night, went out got an Irish coffee. Sick again.

Boo...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 244, 245, 246  Next
Page 241 of 246

Jump to: