welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRINKING NOW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Also, Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey is delicious.

You, sir, are an embarrassment to whisky drinkers everywhere.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be true... but it IS delicious. Tastes just like one of those fireball candies. I wonder if it would mix well with pumpkin cream liqueur...
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I'm wondering what everything would taste like mixed with pumpkin cream liqueur because I have some that I've never tried.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vox Raucus wrote:
fritterdonut wrote:
Also, Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey is delicious.

You, sir, are an embarrassment to whisky drinkers everywhere.

I don't generally like whiskey (or whisky), so I'm okay with that title Laughing

I generally prefer vodka, Stolichnaya in particular. As for the Grey Goose vodka thing, a number of people have called them out for essentially being a standard-grade vodka with the price jacked up because it is A) Made in France, and B) They advertise it as a premium product.

Dogen wrote:
Still in WA. It's still weird about hard liquor. We privatized liquor sales, but limited licenses to stores with 10,000sqft of retail space unless there was no liquor store in something called the "trade area," which is apparently an undefined term. So all the grocery stores sell liquor, and there's the odd liquor store. BevMo has applied to open stores.

And then there's Canada, where (in BC at least, not certain about the other provinces) you have to go to a liquor store or a wine store to buy any kind of liquor (other than de-alcoholized... ewwww). Always thought it was weird going into Washington state and seeing booze on the local grocery store shelves.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That used to be how we sold hard alcohol. Grocery stores only carried beer and wine. Florida is even weirder... they have drive-up liquor stores. "One beer, please!" They even serve them cold.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That used to be how we sold hard alcohol. Grocery stores only carried beer and wine. Florida is even weirder... they have drive-up liquor stores. "One beer, please!" They even serve them cold.

I'm trying to decide if that is hilarious or terrifying. Probably both.

So, how much do people generally spend on alcohol? Canada seems much more expensive than the US, and Cuba has both beat I think ($5 (Cuban $ is about on par with US $) for a bottle of 15 year rum? Yes please).

EDIT: Also, drinking Mojitos and Pina Coladas on the beach in Cuba has to be one of the most pleasant things I've ever done, followed by a cuban cigar.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that Texas changed the laws but I know they used to be able to drink and drive as long as they weren't drunk. I hear tale they still have strip-clubs where you can bring in your own beer though, they are fucking classy like that.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
I am pretty sure that Texas changed the laws but I know they used to be able to drink and drive as long as they weren't drunk. I hear tale they still have strip-clubs where you can bring in your own beer though, they are fucking classy like that.

In Pennsylvania, you can't have "strip clubs" in places where alcohol is served. They have to be go-go bars, i.e. things and pasties, but no full nudity. IF it's full nudity, it's BYOB (bring your own booze).

Or maybe that's Jersey. Or maybe both, It's been 12-13 years since the last time I went to a strip club. Strip clubs were WAY more exciting when I was 16-17 and knew I wasn't supposed to be allowed in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Him

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying the friendly skies.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drank a LOT of beer yesterday. It was Oktoberfest with tastings of EVERYTHING! Including the last sample of Terra Incognita, a collaboration between two of my favorite breweries - Sierra Nevada and Boulevard. The Boulevard rep took my sampling glass out of my hand just so he could give me the last sample. Facinating stuff - it smelled like _funk_ but tasted like a good sour. I am in love with sour beers.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like sour beers alone, but I think they pair with a stout really well... Plus double fisting makes you look cool.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like sour beers all buy themselves. They really, really hit the spot for me. We have some Tart Lychee sour beer by New Belgium in the house (and mother of god it is amazing on tap) and we drank the Love Child #2 by Boulevard already (NOM NOM NOM!!!). Sour beers are the thing that I can sit and drink all day without getting bored. I am really excited that they are becoming more and more popular so I can try more of them.

Oh! Avery has a white IPA in cans that is the closest to Boulevard's Smokestack #2 White IPA (which was just amazing). Totally worth a try - not hoppy like the IPA title would indicate.

Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wary of all IPA's... I drink mostly stouts and porters. I like my beer dark, heavy, and with lots of flavors. Like a meal in a glass. Everyone seems to love IPA's, though. Every bar has at least two on tap here.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried any of the Dog Fish Head IPA's? The 90 minute is crazy good.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/9086
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/15758
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/6108

Also, on a darker note, I'm a fan of Magic Hat's Ravell (it's a porter)
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/96/286
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
John in Tronna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:

So, how much do people generally spend on alcohol? Canada seems much more expensive than the US,...

Yeah, it has to do with the heavy taxes on the stuff up here. I think smokes are far more expensive north of 49, too.

In Ontario, you can only buy beer in beer stores or liquor stores. In Newfoundland (as in Quebec) you can also buy beer in a corner store.

A six-pack of domestic horse-pee (Molson's etc) is $10-$11.

EDIT: Just went to the Beer Store site. They have Molson Canadian listed as a "premium" beer. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Page 226 of 245

Jump to: