Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drinking while Posting while Drinking thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255, 256  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, FYI, all my posts tonight have been while drunk. Very, very drunk on ale.

CHEERS! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
BTW, FYI, all my posts tonight have been while drunk. Very, very drunk on ale.

CHEERS! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm very disappointed in you man. Very very disappointed.

Nah, not really, drink up!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just giving context, yo! Also, I'm finishing off my 'potent potables' tonight. Yay for not having to work until 18:00 the the next day Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, darq, dude, put down the can - YOU'VE FALLEN THROUGH THE MIRROR!!!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's been replaced by Mirror Universe Darq, who really loves James Cameron but also for some reason needs to bare his chest even more than usual
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was apparently drinking until about 7am this morning, and then had to go cover a colleague's shift today, and now I'm drinking again. Luckily tomorrow is a day of relaxation - I'm going mountain climbing.

Oops!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
dude, darq, dude, put down the can - YOU'VE FALLEN THROUGH THE MIRROR!!!

My Mac flips all the pics I take with it . . . I have NO idea why
Taemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo... family, right? Like, fuck, never be the last sibling. It sucks. And never stops sucking. They never learn.

But! My mother, who's about to leave on a long holiday, like they do every year, and I take care of house and garden, which is totally fine with me, but she gave me an envelope and there was a lot of money in it and I was like fuck she knows I hate it when she gives me money I've told her a hundred times and there was a note saying

"Dear Taemon,
With this you can treat your friends on a beer in the sun this summer. We hope it'll be a good and sunny season. Much love, mom & man"

Like, right? She did sort of listen eventually that one time! She gave me the money because (I am dirt poor and) I always let my friends (who don't mind at all) pay for outings and now I can pay them back :-)

It's probably her man who got the idea but I'm not complaining. I haven't felt taken so seriously by family in a long, long time.

More booze now.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome.

Parents are cool sometimes.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't come out quite as I intended.

I'm in my thirties now and still studying (dim view) but also very close to completing my phd! (positive view) and I know _exactly_ how you feel when you've balanced lots of different factors, taken many responsible decisions, taken some safe bets and done some "networking" which is everyone's main advice these days and finally end up on the phone to your mum admitting you're broke.

On the one hand I'm doing things they never dreamed I would do, on the other I'm older than they were when I was born.

It's a weird time to be alive.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born when my parents were, respectively, 18 & 21. I'm now thirty*coughcough*, sorry, you didn't get that last bit, I said thirty*coughcough* and I know that they look at my entire generation as happy & free. When I asked my Dad over ten years ago whether he was disappointed that I hadn't a family he was relieved. Fast forward ten years, and I think he & my Mum are both antsy about it. (Of course they realise that your own Mr Gary would not have made a great Dad at 25).

I think a big thing for them is that they don't understand what my career is - which is okay, because neither do I. Twenty years ago, an 18 year old from my place would be either a drop-out, or be a student, or be learning some sort of trade. You could say, well in 20 years 'A' will be a plumber, or teacher, or drug dealer. You can't say that now, in the UK. A career lasts less than a marriage.

So I can only imagine - actually, I know, because my parents are awesome - that when an old person asks my parents what I do, they reply, essentially, 'Whatever he likes'. But also they worry - FUCK, I WORRY - what do I do when I cross 40? How do I retire on this shit?

Our parents are right to worry about us. A fuck-stick like me has no reason to whine, but when a guy can get invited to give talks at MIT still has to ask his parents to help out one time, where the fuck are we as a generation? I'm drunk right now - big surprise - but seriously either we fucked up big, or we got fucked big.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I went a little overboard there. Sorry.

Tl;Dr - just imagine how happy my parents will be when I cure heart disease with my amazing new JaegerBomb recipe!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

This is me, again, only I'm wearing an Adventure Time shirt (same hat & hoodie)
Taemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
I'm in my thirties now and still studying (dim view) but also very close to completing my phd! (positive view) and I know _exactly_ how you feel when you've balanced lots of different factors, taken many responsible decisions, taken some safe bets and done some "networking" which is everyone's main advice these days and finally end up on the phone to your mum admitting you're broke.

Bah, I lost my job years ago due to the financial crisis (together with 39 others for no fault of our own) and I'm on welfare now. I'm poor, but I'm fine, I don't need much. I hate being given money, always have, no matter how rich or poor I am. It really hurts me that she keeps on trying. But this! I'm still glowing.

That dream I just woke up from in which I burned down my old workplace was strangely satisfying too.

A drunk posting thread is genius. I'll be back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255, 256  Next
Page 254 of 256

Jump to: