welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sinfest funeral
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
absoluthoyt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: The Sinfest funeral Reply with quote

So I joined the original Sinfest forums on Keenspot back in November of 2000. It was a huge part of my digital life for many years afterwards, including the days when the IRC chat room was popular, the ups and downs and fights. The transition off of keenspot to here was after my most active times had ended. I came across a keenspot comic randomly recently and found my way to the old Sinfest forums and then back to here. Y'all still post but it is much slower than it once was, granted it has been a long time since I was here regularly. I wanted to make this post, in remembrance of all who have come before, for those still here and those gone forever. Not to say the community is dead, but after 16 years we certainly have seen many come and go including Rei and Madman who actually lost their lives. Folks like Boysetsfire, Ferret, TwilightMage, MsFrisby, Desire, JohnnyStrider,Lily, yes even that little turd Dragonwriter, Redeye and to many more to list, some of whom are still here and posting.

So! TL;DR - Post in memory of someone you remember from the forums who you enjoyed having around who is either no longer around or not posting as much as they once did, or in grand Sinfest tradition flame the shit out of me for being a stupid lurker posting a new topic!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad that people move on, though we can only hope that those who do, do so to better things ... even those who aren't with us anymore.

I miss Benny. I also miss that cow, and also Godzilla. I presume they also left because Benny did. E-Boy was also always really nice to me, even when I was a kid, and a difficult kid at that.

But missing Dragonwriter? Ridiculation is too strong a word for it.

Btw, Lily just got into some super-scientific super-cool programme at an amazing school. Go Li1y!
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In retrospect, Terra Incognita was pretty funny sometimes.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay, lily!

i think i post-date Terra Incognita. i do still miss RM, and Major Tom (although he does pop up occasionally). i'm conflicted on whether i miss ags - although he had some deplorably Faux-news-generated views, he made an attempt to argue honestly. but i'm sure he's still a solid republican, and i'm not sure whether i would find his support for trump or cruz more objectionable.
absoluthoyt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't miss Dragonwriter, not in the slightest but you have to admit, even if it was shit flavor..he did add something to the experience. And huzzah for L1ly!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a time - what, 2004-2006, when RM & Major Tom used to log on about the same time as I did. I felt like a kid trying to keep up with the grown-ups. Them two guys were smart, funny guys.

For those interested, I some times check in with Halen. He generally replies: 'Bostin!' Which I guess is Thin White Duke for 'Okay!'

Also, didn't we have an Australian? He did Australian art, like setting fire to Gallahs, and smashing beer steins over things. He also may have thrown some shrimp on a barbeque once. And been a pirate locked in a literary closet. Wore a hat. Been the greatest white rapper of the 90's. Owned a cravat. Knew that 'cravat' was a Croatian pre-WW1 fashion. I'm probably imagining it.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Pint and Ennis. Wish Wheels would post more, too.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazed! with the fabulous tree-climbing dog! how could i forget!

oh, um, there was some other crazy australian too, i think. he got married, or something, and didn't even come back to tell us about the honeymoon....
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Benny, but also a lot of the serious people who used to hang around
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:

I made a horrible mistake right there.

Please let me point out that I consider Benny as deeply serious. Perhaps the most serious of the old sinfest guard.

Once you start making a distinction between comical and serious you are leaning to the dark side.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you just reminded me of dro. how could we forget dro?

dang, any minute now and i'm going to start crying into my.....well, this seems to be a chai tea latte. does it work to cry into those?
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salted Chai, sell it at a buck-fifty a pop.

I miss Dazed2 too. I miss so many people. I even miss Feit. I miss Trusted Faith, I miss Lala, I miss the younger, funnier Michael.

Our present Michael is a terrible bore, like.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss reasonablymad Sad

Also, Since my kids were doing the Iliad, I'm reminded of how different it is w/o Agamemnon Sad Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:

I just tried summoning him -- we contanct on twitter sorta
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been summoned.

Oh shit guys chrome still remembers my password.

My back hurts, getting old socks, you guys.

I have become some sort of sad tired ball of shame so heart!

Wow this site is hard to read on the phone. Hey guys, remember when checking the Internet on the phone was impossible?

Hey guys remember phone!?

Heart. Love you guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: