welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Self-Improvement Diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mouse! How have you been?

I've been okay. Focused on Rhett mostly but now that he has started school, I am finding I have time to actually think about things other then him.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just thinking the other day, of how big he must be getting...

and i'm doing ok. still hanging in.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day one in the gym. Went well. Got an over all work out.

The hardest part is starting over mentally. I preacher curl now what I use to do with one arm. It's so weird to me. But I did it, I forced myself into a low weight, medium-high rep rather than a strength routine.

I downloaded an app that awards points based on exercise/weight/reps and gives you a goal through point thresholds and challenges.

What I didn't know about it, though I should have figured, is that it is put out to the community. "So and So earned 400 points today!" and I got a bunch of messages from people congratulating me.
Pint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That app sounds kind of cool, I definitely like having support/motivation whenever I workout.

Starting over is always super hard. My recent change in last couple of months was to begin crossfit in a local gym. It was scary at first, but now I am loving it and noticing changes in my body/strength.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pint wrote:
That app sounds kind of cool, I definitely like having support/motivation whenever I workout.

Starting over is always super hard. My recent change in last couple of months was to begin crossfit in a local gym. It was scary at first, but now I am loving it and noticing changes in my body/strength.

Body so sore, good sore though. Think I'll start with a run for a warm up from now on. I stretched, but not sure I was ready for the work out.

CrossFit scares me though.

The gym is pretty neat though, it's got a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting it to have, like those long ropes that you whip to work the core muscles. I felt really weird trying them and had to make sure no one was around at first.
Pint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:

Body so sore, good sore though. Think I'll start with a run for a warm up from now on. I stretched, but not sure I was ready for the work out.

The gym is pretty neat though, it's got a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting it to have, like those long ropes that you whip to work the core muscles. I felt really weird trying them and had to make sure no one was around at first.

Why does Crossfit scare you? It made me nervous to start out with as well because I never thought I would be able to do all the movements. Love that they have scheduled classes to motivate each other/learn new movements. Started taking a recovery shake and that seems to be easing some of the soreness of working out six days a week. Smile
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pint wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:

Why does Crossfit scare you? It made me nervous to start out with as well because I never thought I would be able to do all the movements. Love that they have scheduled classes to motivate each other/learn new movements. Started taking a recovery shake and that seems to be easing some of the soreness of working out six days a week. Smile

This. If you're working out seriously, you really need to monitor your nutrition, especially making sure you get enough protein. You're not going to get a better product than Muscle Milk. Also, using milk instead of water makes it taste about 1000x better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Pint wrote:

This. If you're working out seriously, you really need to monitor your nutrition, especially making sure you get enough protein. You're not going to get a better product than Muscle Milk. Also, using milk instead of water makes it taste about 1000x better.

I haven't tried Muscle Milk yet. Began using True Nutrition after one of the coaches at crossfit recommended it.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pint wrote:

I've seen some people get very swept up in it to cult like degrees.

Are you familiar with a term rhabdomyolysis? Basically working your muscles to death.

Also, I really just don't have time for it.

All this said, I ran 3 miles yesterday and didn't even realize it. I can touch my toes for probably the first time in my life, long story.

I'm really proud about my lower body work out, but my upper body is still bothering me. I feel there is little to know progression on my curls, especially in comparison to my legs.
Pint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:

I've seen some people get very swept up in it to cult like degrees.

Are you familiar with a term rhabdomyolysis? Basically working your muscles to death.

Also, I really just don't have time for it.

All this said, I ran 3 miles yesterday and didn't even realize it. I can touch my toes for probably the first time in my life, long story.

I'm really proud about my lower body work out, but my upper body is still bothering me. I feel there is little to know progression on my curls, especially in comparison to my legs.

Thats great you ran with no issues Smile Flexibility is also super important.

I am familiar with the term, and know that it only applies to extreme cases just like with anything else. The people who it affects, often over train.

My little victory... Tonight I was able to deadlift 205lbs three times Smile
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pint wrote:
I am familiar with the term, and know that it only applies to extreme cases just like with anything else. The people who it affects, often over train.

This is true.

Quote:

My little victory... Tonight I was able to deadlift 205lbs three times Smile

That's awesome!

I'm guessing free weights rather than a machine? I used to love watching the bar flex a bit before the weights lift off the ground.
Pint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free weights Smile The machines are weird to me. Going into a gym with machines makes me anxious because I have no clue how to use them.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the exercise. Machines limit the movement on certain exercises. Like the bench press should not be a straight up and down motion, it's more of a slight natural curve.

I need to start doing squats though. The leg press is fun, but I feel it's restricting me.
Pint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squats are fun. I have really been enjoying thrusters, getting my squat in and overhead as well Smile
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of trouble with squats back in high school. So now I have this weird mental barrier to get over.

I made the mistake of looking up suggestions and wandered into the "elitist" area of gym people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52

Jump to: