welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/16 Hey! She lied about the thong!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dro



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3854

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In panel 2, the she-devil tail is a little more rectal than I would have imagined.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
·%#&@·



Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 368
Location: *def* the USofA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: hmm, socials and .. Reply with quote

ah yahhsss - schedule a camping retreat before it gets too ·nippy· mmhmmmhm .. perky is just fine Wink

Topic: "Play and Being Earnest About It in the Modern World"

oh dear me, a Peter pan collar …
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
samuelmshin



Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funkentelechy wrote:
Cool strip. Coop arc. Shit thread.

Sojobo wrote:
AndieNicole wrote:
And I'm hoping that after Jesus came by, they're still lesbians. Just less sexual/exibitionist about it.

I think the wondering whether they're "still lesbians" is skipping past some much needed foundational thought. There's no reason to think they're in a relationship, and they're not even engaging in sex for the sake of pleasure. They are performing for Slick. There is really no reason to categorize them as lesbians in the first place.

Are you really just so keen to bitch at homophobia that you feel the need to strawman an online comic so you have a target?

Secret wrote:
Kry wrote:
Less... sexual... lesbians?

What, is it not possible for lesbians to be platonic?

I suspect he's just whining about how stupid the phrasing is. I don't know what the hell a "less sexual" lesbian would be, and the implication that "less sexual" lesbians are fine, while "more sexual" lesbians are not is pretty damnfoolish.

Kry wrote:
Sojobo is a smart sexy bastard.

This series of 3 posts is full of more win than basically the entire rest of this thread, barring the first post when the actual comic was posted.

-SS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reasonablymad



Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 6783

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
And a manor.


but slick's manor only has 100 square feet of floor space!
_________________
...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zeezee



Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 4409
Location: saint louis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reasonablymad wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:
And a manor.


but slick's manor only has 100 square feet of floor space!


hey, slick's manor is the latest, coolest thing in housing: www.tumbleweedhouses.com
_________________
dogs have owners
cats have staff

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17172
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
There is really no reason to categorize them as lesbians in the first place.


except for the fact that they announced themselves with "lesbo snatch-o-gram"...

i am amused that slick is resisting temptation by sitting in front of a giant picture window.

and i now want a tiny house (of course, i would also need a 3-car garage to store all my stuff.)
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AndieNicole



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 38
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
AndieNicole wrote:
And I'm hoping that after Jesus came by, they're still lesbians. Just less sexual/exibitionist about it.

I think the wondering whether they're "still lesbians" is skipping past some much needed foundational thought. There's no reason to think they're in a relationship, and they're not even engaging in sex for the sake of pleasure. They are performing for Slick. There is really no reason to categorize them as lesbians in the first place.

Are you really just so keen to bitch at homophobia that you feel the need to strawman an online comic so you have a target?

Secret wrote:
Kry wrote:
Less... sexual... lesbians?

What, is it not possible for lesbians to be platonic?

I suspect he's just whining about how stupid the phrasing is. I don't know what the hell a "less sexual" lesbian would be, and the implication that "less sexual" lesbians are fine, while "more sexual" lesbians are not is pretty damnfoolish.


By 'less sexual' I meant less NOWNOWNOW about it. They clearly are no longer like that. I was just saying I hope, despite the fact that they're not ripping eachother's clothes off anymore, they're still not 'straight' just because of Jesus.

And I wasn't getting bitchy about anything, I was just saying it would be cool if they were still inclined that way. Not OMGHOWHOMOPHOBIC if they weren't. They clearly weren't exactly true lesbians to begin with, and I'm definitely not going to delude myself into thinking they were.

Seriously, my whole thought process was, "Awww, imagine, cute lesbian church girls!" Embarassed I didn't mean to offend anyone over it, and I didn't realize anyone might take it wrong. (I don't think much when I'm squealing over cuteness. I'm a 16-year-old girl!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sojobo



Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 2443

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
except for the fact that they announced themselves with "lesbo snatch-o-gram"...

Right, the activity they were engaged in was clearly lesbian in character. But girls in the employ of the devil making out with the express purpose of tempting Slick is not really particularly suggestive about their real sexual orientation.

AndieNicole wrote:
By 'less sexual' I meant less NOWNOWNOW about it. They clearly are no longer like that.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. You actually didn't even say "less sexual," you said "less sexual/exhibitionist," and clearly meant "less exhibitionist." I was answering Secret's question about Kry's post - that he was reacting to your accidental added word which made the line look pretty silly.

AndieNicole wrote:
I was just saying I hope, despite the fact that they're not ripping eachother's clothes off anymore, they're still not 'straight' just because of Jesus.

I got this, too, and it's directly what I was responding to. As far as the comic is concerned, the girls were being very pornographic, Lil' Buddha moderated it to somewhat pornographic, and Jesus did away with the pornography altogether. It really is asking for an argument to guess that maybe 1) the girls were lesbian and 2) the Jesus character made them non-lesbian. It's taking issue with something the comic simply expressed no opinion about.

Actually, I think most of the reason I responded wasn't just the (unprovoked) defense against homosexuality being called immoral, but that defense coupled with the blithe acceptance of pornography being called immoral. I find it funny that it's just a given that Jesus hates the wearing of bikinis in public.

AndieNicole wrote:
And I wasn't getting bitchy about anything, I was just saying it would be cool if they were still inclined that way. Not OMGHOWHOMOPHOBIC if they weren't.

I know. I was exaggerating for effect. Smile

AndieNicole wrote:
Embarassed I didn't mean to offend anyone over it

Aack! Don't be all cloying about it! Be aggressive! Denounce me as a troll! Roll your eyes at my semantic nitpicking! You almost certainly didn't offend anyone, and didn't say anything so outrageous you should feel guilty even if someone did take offense.
_________________
"To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."
- Anne-Sophie Swetchine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lasairfiona



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9702
Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed like Buddha got rid of the pornographic and left the love, even if it is "evil" love.
_________________
Before God created Las he pondered on all the aspects a woman might have, he considered which ones would look good super-inflated and which ones to leave alone.
After much deliberation he gave her a giant comfort zone. - Michael
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17172
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't buddhism "the middle path", or something like that?

...i guess they were only middling evil....
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zonedout



Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 236
Location: Los Angeles CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
It seemed like Buddha got rid of the pornographic and left the love, even if it is "evil" love.


Welp sex is bad in buddism, so he got rid of the lust

By the way Sojobo, are you trying to say Lesbians cant/shouldnt go to church?
I think they are still lesbians, just lesbians that want to go to church = ).
_________________

Remember Love others Love oneself
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sojobo



Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 2443

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zonedout wrote:
By the way Sojobo, are you trying to say Lesbians cant/shouldnt go to church?

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.

You see, when a person is evil enough, God turns them into a Lesbian so they are forced by their own evil desires to keep being evil and committing more evil acts. And when a person is that evil, they can't go to church because they're too evil. Unfortunately, the only cure for being an evil Lesbian is to get the evil desires cast out of you in a church, which makes it a viscious (and evil) cycle.
_________________
"To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."
- Anne-Sophie Swetchine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AndieNicole



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 38
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:


AndieNicole wrote:
I was just saying I hope, despite the fact that they're not ripping eachother's clothes off anymore, they're still not 'straight' just because of Jesus.

I got this, too, and it's directly what I was responding to. As far as the comic is concerned, the girls were being very pornographic, Lil' Buddha moderated it to somewhat pornographic, and Jesus did away with the pornography altogether. It really is asking for an argument to guess that maybe 1) the girls were lesbian and 2) the Jesus character made them non-lesbian. It's taking issue with something the comic simply expressed no opinion about.

Actually, I think most of the reason I responded wasn't just the (unprovoked) defense against homosexuality being called immoral, but that defense coupled with the blithe acceptance of pornography being called immoral. I find it funny that it's just a given that Jesus hates the wearing of bikinis in public.


Personally, I consider pornography on someone's front lawn immoral.

Those weren't bikinis, they were underwear. And church girls aren't going to go around in skimpy underwear, that was clearly there for sexual effect in the first place, in public. It was just part of their transformation.

sojobo wrote:

AndieNicole wrote:
Embarassed I didn't mean to offend anyone over it

Aack! Don't be all cloying about it! Be aggressive! Denounce me as a troll! Roll your eyes at my semantic nitpicking! You almost certainly didn't offend anyone, and didn't say anything so outrageous you should feel guilty even if someone did take offense.


No, see, I never feel guilty about offending people when I intended to! But if it's an accident, I feel like I should have realized and changed what I was going to say beforehand. Or, y'know, just leave it, if what would offend people is what I actually think. Thus intentionally offending people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sam the Eagle



Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 2275
Location: 192.168.0.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zonedout wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:
It seemed like Buddha got rid of the pornographic and left the love, even if it is "evil" love.


Welp sex is bad in buddism, so he got rid of the lust

By the way Sojobo, are you trying to say Lesbians cant/shouldnt go to church?
I think they are still lesbians, just lesbians that want to go to church = ).


Just curious, what is the middle path of homo love compared to hetero love?, or love vs not loving at all, is 63 a proper answer?.
_________________
Meu aerobarca esta cheoi de enguias
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kry
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, have several opinions to share:

1) Lesbians shouldn't go to a catholic church because IT'S A FUCKING SIN, THEY DON'T AGREE WITH THE FUCKING RELIGION OF THAT CHURCH. I'm sorry but I completely disagree with homosexuals in catholic churchs, or any church that considers homosexuality a sin. At least homosexuals that don't repent from their sin and try to take measures to follow abstinence and resist temptation to love people of their same sex. Proud homosexuals? People that think homosexuality is alright? Out of the church.

2) Sex is only "bad" in buddhism if you want to follow the eight precepts, not the five precepts. So if you want to be extra-holy (do you want chips with that?) you abstain from sex altogether. That doesn't mean sex is bad in buddhism, for buddha's sake! Any religion that tells their people not to have sex at all is condemned to extintion, you know.

3) Those can be bikinis. Bikinis are colourful (or not) underwear that is socially acceptable for a beach. They cover exactly the same amount of skin, have the same shapes.

4) Buddah did nothing but give them a crown of flowers and probably a smile. The Jesus Man had to use Mighty Holy Powers to force changes into the girls. That tells you more about religion in this strip than what the results actually are.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group