welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bible Topics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Bible Topics Reply with quote

Alright, I am sorry if you think I am spamming anything but I am very curious about this. Seeing as how I will not be on here anymore unless something drastic changes in the next week, y'all will not have to worry about me posting anymore.

Now, for my question.

Does the Bible, in any version, say anything about sexual relations before marriage?

If so would someone please direct me to which passage in which version or maybe quote it in here with passage information?
Amilam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not privy to your circumstances or board reputation, but honestly this could be handled with a google search.

This website has an exhausting collection of quotes on the matter, but to sum up, abstinence before marriage is not directly mandated to my knowledge.
HamletSr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear monkey,

I think, that for your own sake, you should find another board that is more tolerant of you for the remainder of your internet life, however short that may be. You are not liked or well liked or even really tolerated on this board, but there are others out there where you would be welcome, I am quite sure. I can't imagine why you feel comfortable posting here, as your posts have been met with almost universal derision. Thats pretty much all I had to say, so I will leave you with this.

Close the door, pychomonkey, for all of us.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Amilam. I thought just maybe I was missing something. And HamletSr, I am leaving. Fuck off now Smile
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Topics Reply with quote

PsycoMonkey wrote:
Alright, I am sorry if you think I am spamming anything but I am very curious about this. Seeing as how I will not be on here anymore unless something drastic changes in the next week, y'all will not have to worry about me posting anymore.

Now, for my question.

Does the Bible, in any version, say anything about sexual relations before marriage?

If so would someone please direct me to which passage in which version or maybe quote it in here with passage information?

Or you could just read the bible if you're -that- curious. Crazy that.
Willem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamletSr wrote:
Dear monkey,

I think, that for your own sake, you should find another board that is more tolerant of you for the remainder of your internet life, however short that may be. You are not liked or well liked or even really tolerated on this board, but there are others out there where you would be welcome, I am quite sure. I can't imagine why you feel comfortable posting here, as your posts have been met with almost universal derision. Thats pretty much all I had to say, so I will leave you with this.

Close the door, pychomonkey, for all of us.

IRONY!
Amilam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Topics Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
PsycoMonkey wrote:

Now, for my question.

Or you could just read the bible if you're -that- curious. Crazy that.

Well if I had to guess, this is probably regarding an ongoing debate with a religious friend, relative, or whatever and itís more for ammunition than seeking to genuinely understand Christianity.
Dusty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt basically all of the old testament have to do with getting drunk, banging some chicks and getting forgiveness from god?
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Topics Reply with quote

Amilam wrote:
Well if I had to guess, this is probably regarding an ongoing debate with a religious friend, relative, or whatever and itís more for ammunition than seeking to genuinely understand Christianity.

In that case:

Quote:
"But if this thing be true, [and the tokens of] virginity be not found for the damsel:

Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you."

Deuteronomy 22:20-21

Dusty wrote:
didnt basically all of the old testament have to do with getting drunk, banging some chicks and getting forgiveness from god?

Sorry, we're all full up on idiocy today -- please close out this window and turn your computer off. Thanks.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a discussion with my mother and step father about the topic, and they said things about it which I have never heard or read. So I didn't know if I misunderstood something while reading it or not. That is why I was asking for anyone else to help me. If I asked them about it, I would get a biased answer.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Topics Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:

Quote:
"But if this thing be true, [and the tokens of] virginity be not found for the damsel:

Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you."

Just before that it says something about finding the woman is not a virgin and the family not having proof to present the elders at the gate. But does that mean premarital sexual relations with the woman you choose to marry are wrong?
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Deutoronomy quote is practically useless if you're talking about Christianity. Thessalonians is more relevant.
Some Guy!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Topics Reply with quote

PsycoMonkey wrote:
trustedfaith wrote:

Quote:

Just before that it says something about finding the woman is not a virgin and the family not having proof to present the elders at the gate. But does that mean premarital sexual relations with the woman you choose to marry are wrong?

Let me help you out here.

The bible is a collection of (more or less) laws that were developed in a society that is now over a thousand years old. If you want to justify premarital sex to your parents, tell them that you're going to fuck your friend, and they can deal.

Of course, you should probably consider being safe and all, but I think it's pretty retarded to see if actions you are interested were justifiable a thousand years ago. Does the bible condone internet use? What about car driving? Do I get closer to God by flying on a plane? Should we leave the planet that God put us on? I think you ought to give the bible a go on those questions.
-!
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Topics Reply with quote

Some Guy! wrote:
The bible is a collection of (more or less) laws that were developed in a society that is now over a thousand years old.

Does the bible condone internet use? What about car driving? Do I get closer to God by flying on a plane? Should we leave the planet that God put us on? I think you ought to give the bible a go on those questions.

The difference between sex and those things is that sex had been invented well before Biblical times and it actually was something the Bible had a thing or two about which to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: