welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA! USA! USA!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: USA! USA! USA! Reply with quote

Hi friends

I know I haven't been around much, but you may know me from such threads as being mean to Darqcyde all the time, and assorted vigorous judo chops.

Me and Tessa are planning to DO AMERICA in 2015 and although we can't afford to do a SINFEST TOUR OF EVERYONE'S MOUTH / awkward party where I continually introduce Tessa to people by saying HEY HONEY HERE IS MY FRIEND FROM THE INTERNET and then we end up in Dogen's murdersex cellar or Sporko steals our organs because American health system joke or whatever I come to you now for ADVICE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS RAD

For the main part we are planning to fly into LA and go straight to New Orleans and generally fuck around Louisiana, then go to Austin and fuck around Texas, before rolling back to LA to fly out. What are rad things to do there? Who are you people? Do you live in these places?

Have you been to these places before and liked them? We want to do lots of swamp tours in Lafayette, and buy cowboy shirts in Texas. Also we want to drink all your alcohol and die of meat poisoning.

Here are things we like: ghost tours, swamp tours, poetry slams (the dumber the better), country music, nerds, folk festivals called things like the LOS BRAMPOS POLKINGHORNE FESTIVAL OF CHRISTIAN GHOST POOPING, etc. and/or peach, pumpkin, potato, apple, hermit crab festivals.

Tell me all the things to do in all the places. Who keeps up to date with what back alley snuff comicons Yungbluth is doing signings at? Where does Dragonwriter live? Can I finally make the prank phone calls I dreamed of making in 2004? Fuck Guest, he is such a dipshit, I hope Sweden catches on fire and never goes out. Yes, as if you need to ask, ridiculation is too strong a word for me. If Sam isn't dying of wheat can he take us to a sex party? Will Mindslicer teach me how to accidentally shoot myself in the genitals? Can Wheels and Samsally teach me the difference between Nth and Sth Dakota? Which one is most racist? I'd like to go there. Which part of America is London in? I'd like to visit Gary and Halen.

Good work everyone!
Jinx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad to say you won't be anywhere near me, Squiddy.

If you go to Austin, you will be relatively close to Joey.

Mouse is in SoCal, reasonably close to another famous mouse.

>.>

<.<

Have fun!!

Leave us some alcohol, please.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in Austin I really enjoyed the Museum of the Weird. I don't think it's very big, but I thought it was a lot of fun and it seems like a lot of people know about it so I'd say it's worth checking out. I got to meet Benny, too, but I dunno if he's s till there or not it's been quite a while.

As for which is more racist, north or south dakota I... honestly couldn't say. N is pretty fucking racist, but I kinda doubt S is much better. If you're gunna be in Austin I can pretty much guarantee it isn't worth coming up to check it out. Neither is close at all.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time of year?

In March there's South by Southwest (SXSW) in Texas

In July there's San Diego Comic Con
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hello!" and greetings to you! We would like to your guide on being a migratory observer in the great USA States of America. So without further doing, we "Welcome!" you to the Democratic People's Republic of American (DPRA), a land famed for its ketchup and Michael Bay.

America is a faraway land with a fairly universal climate of idyllic summers and a three month long Christmas. Its native wildlife is mostly petroleum based. The Americanians themselves are a simple and rustic folk. Please ask your tour guide before interacting with any of them as they are known to startle easily and must usually be pacified with an offering of BBQ ribs. You may from a distance observe their old school traditions of dialup internet and consuming entire geese. When employed (rare) you will see them travelling to work using their preferred transportation method of 360 noscoping, or otherwise passing their time with the folk traditions of police brutality and Honey Boo Boo. Their traditional attire is tshirts with looney tunes on them and F150 trucks, which they wear to keep out cold and inclement grizzly bears. The womenfolk ripe for mating will signal with uggs and vocal fry.

To help acquaint you with your America hosts, here are some common American to English translations.

"Hi!" "I am armed."

"Is there room for me to sit there?" "I am armed."

"We can eat wherever you like, I'm good with anything." "I will veto every option you give me until we literally starve to death."

"Do you have a minute to talk?" "Jesus came to America and God lives on the planet Kolob."

"Both our political parties are really just the same." "I am a special needs individual."

"I majored in English." "I am unemployed and destitute."

"Where's the long form birth certificate?" "Black people terrify me"

"Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!" "I have just discovered you are from Australia and I think I am clever."
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Sam isn't dying of wheat can he take us to a sex party?

Also yes, yes I can.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in socal, about an hour or so south of LA.

joke's on you though, you'll spend all of 2015 in traffic in LA and you'll go broke trying to pay for gas and wind up getting stranded on the set of The Shield
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no better way to appreciate our gas prices than to own a car pretty much literally anywhere else in the world fyi
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kind of like how 'pretty much literally anywhere else' is the most extreme way to say 'many places but of course not literally everywhere' but i wrote it anyway
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you in the SD area, ShadowCell? for some reason, i thought you were in LA.

i was in LA many years ago, which is why you won't catch me there dead now. i think it still has disneyland. we have legoland, which i hear is much better, but i think you need to have a small child to be admitted.

i have no idea where you get small children.

but yes, what time of year? we hold different sorts of festivals in different seasons.

also, if you want to comiccon, you need to get in line for tickets NOW.
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

California, Louisiana, and Texas...all a long long way from me. I've never been to any of those states personally. I've heard good things about Austin, TX and it is probably the one city in the state I'd be interested in visiting. I don't know that we've ever had any well known Sinfesters from Louisiana. Hope you have fun, though. Smile
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the american state-by-state sideshow heirarchy of genre, texas is the zombie apocalypse flick. austin is the survivor's compound, where the remnants of civilization have holed up and made do, barricading themselves against the moaning horrors outside
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're visiting Austin i can suggest taking a north east bound bus towards Rotterdam (where I live). From there, a brisk walk north will bring you to Amsterdam where you can sleep with the locals and crush all the lamps. Back in SoCal by tea time I promise
Jinx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:

i have no idea where you get small children.

They can be relatively easy to get, for most people, if you're willing to wait the appropriate amount of time.

;-)
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God speed, Hadley, you beautiful antipodean sex rhino.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: