Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10-28-07 I'd Do Anything 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blarg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for Slick, it never goes his way, slightly, unless he's doing something wrong and it comes back to bite him in the ass.
soprano16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww. Slick.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number two pencil I get, but "scan tron"?
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.scantron.com/forms/

It is extremely common, especially in college, for you to have to buy your own scantron forms for exams. But they also provide them.

They are basically just fill in the bubble with a #2 pencil form that is easily computer readable, making grading very simple if you have 200 students in one class.
Blarg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WastedGecko wrote:
I love how Charlie Brown panel eight is.

Everything is like Charlie Brown in here if you think about it, Slick being Charlie, can't ever have anything go right. 'Nique being Lucy, always screwing it up for him, or making it worse. Squig being Linus and having an addiction to drugs. Crim is like Shroder (spell check that), because they both love books and everyone seems to love him. God. Satan, etc... are more like the parents/older people where you can't understand why they do things, or really what they say. Lil' Evil is like snoopy, Seymour is like Charlie Brown's little sister (I can never remember her name)...
Zonedout

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"got something in my eye" I still think hes a cyclops or only has 1 eye!

Remember Love others Love oneself
ktern

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuelmshin wrote:
The way I see it, the last panel is him tearing up a little about the fact that, yet again, 'Nique has slipped through his fingers. But he's not ready to admit that he's crying about her, so he plays it off like there's "something in his eye," the cliche guy cover-up for crying.

I thought the same, but that it's still unnecessary. Add the possibility of the more literal interpretation and it really dampens the scene.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
samuelmshin wrote:
The way I see it, the last panel is him tearing up a little about the fact that, yet again, 'Nique has slipped through his fingers. But he's not ready to admit that he's crying about her, so he plays it off like there's "something in his eye," the cliche guy cover-up for crying.

I thought the same, but that it's still unnecessary. Add the possibility of the more literal interpretation and it really dampens the scene.
bosh.

it's both a verbal-emotional-cover and a double entendre, in the sense that "that's what happens if slick were ever to take off his glasses for real"

it's a sculpted little moment. why stamp on it?
Bubble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick is a man, and a prideful one at that. The way I see it, the last panel is him tearing up a little about the fact that, yet again, 'Nique has slipped through his fingers. But he's not ready to admit that he's crying about her, so he plays it off like there's "something in his eye," the cliche guy cover-up for crying.

Is Slick really than sensitive that he would cry because of 'loosing' her again. He loses her every day. Surely this comic was a bit more emotial that usually but I'd rather think it was really a bug that got into his eye.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was awesome.
Spanky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubble wrote:
Slick is a man, and a prideful one at that. The way I see it, the last panel is him tearing up a little about the fact that, yet again, 'Nique has slipped through his fingers. But he's not ready to admit that he's crying about her, so he plays it off like there's "something in his eye," the cliche guy cover-up for crying.

Is Slick really than sensitive that he would cry because of 'loosing' her again. He loses her every day. Surely this comic was a bit more emotial that usually but I'd rather think it was really a bug that got into his eye.

Wow. The "Sinfest" section of this forum is rather disturbing.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuelmshin wrote:
I think the text in the last panel is fine. You guys are taking it too literally, like something actually went into his eye the moment he took off his glasses, haha, joke over. But there's no reason for Tat to put such a beautiful coloring job on that last panel if the punch line is that weak.

Also, a very unique approach to making the trees in the background. Jury's still out on whether or not I like it.

I gotta agree, removing the last bit of text changes the tone of the end. To dismiss his prideful nature is to only tell part of the story and remove the irony of his actions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blarg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, it had a very strange irony to it. I think something actually went into his eye. It's sinfest style, to have some kind of relationship problem then add more irony. Like this for example:

Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What what beautiful artistry.
Set

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i relook at the comic, i wonder where nique was hiding her coat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: