Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11/04 More Jesusman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Secret

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The visuals on this are pretty amazing, but I don't like the superman-parody aspect of it very much. I don't agree with the consensus of 'superfantastic'.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be such a bonerkill.
Zeku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to focus a lot on the crucifixion, but of course, other than it's specific function as the "ultimate" passover sacrifice, the death of Jesus is simply a way of thinking about God's work.

The true nature of his sacrifice is to patiently endure the rejection, contempt, and thanklessness of his children for countless generations. Though he has good things planned for each child, things that will bring him joy as well, he instead has to discard those expectations in favor of walking that child away from whatever drug, idol, or sin they choose instead.

If God suffers, it is the pain of unimaginable loneliness, and to know that at the end of that loneliness, noone will truly understand or care what he has endured, but will instead focus solely on their own benefit and future, demanding of him why their own existence hasn't been perfect.

I don't believe that Jesus suffered because he was afraid of dying. I believe he suffered because he knew once the method of redemption was finalized, that some children would be lost forever, unable to accept their own need for him.
Secret

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lord, not you again.
andrew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesusfish bombs make me giggle.
Katrin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeku wrote:
Everyone seems to focus a lot on the crucifixion, but of course, other than it's specific function as the "ultimate" passover sacrifice, the death of Jesus is simply a way of thinking about God's work.

The true nature of his sacrifice is to patiently endure the rejection, contempt, and thanklessness of his children for countless generations. Though he has good things planned for each child, things that will bring him joy as well, he instead has to discard those expectations in favor of walking that child away from whatever drug, idol, or sin they choose instead.

If God suffers, it is the pain of unimaginable loneliness, and to know that at the end of that loneliness, noone will truly understand or care what he has endured, but will instead focus solely on their own benefit and future, demanding of him why their own existence hasn't been perfect.

I don't believe that Jesus suffered because he was afraid of dying. I believe he suffered because he knew once the method of redemption was finalized, that some children would be lost forever, unable to accept their own need for him.

lol rebellious emo pushes the standard by talking some shit about religion to look super-awesome-cool.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty damn good, but I agree with secret.

Parody can only do.. so much, you know.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not ruin this strip by talking.
Blarg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeku wrote:

*Ahem* This has to do WHAT with the comic slightly? Sure it's Jesus, but honestly, that was very random and... pointless, I didn't even read the whole damn thing, it would have wasted even more of my time, that I spend... doing nothing.
Secret

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a noob. You don't know Zeku. He's from the Mellowfish days.
Captain Lionel Mandrake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or did tat exchange the super S for a picture of a foot about to kick an ass?
<Michael> more rum?
<twosods> vodka
<weas3l> your mother?
<cleeetus> cheeeeeetos
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
You're a noob. You don't know Zeku. He's from the Mellowfish days.

Hmmm...

What do you suppose the chances are of Blarg catching the reference and knowing who Mellowfish was if he/she/it(?) is new?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I see comics like this, some small, impishly perverse part of myself hopes that some future civilization, having rebuilt itself after some cataclysmic event, will misinterpret this comic as scripture thus paving the way for Marlon Brando to be worshiped as a deity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Secret

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could always Google it.

But I didn't really intend that to be explanatory.
Funkentelechy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally forgot this, but I registered on the day of the 'Churchbot, Transform!" thread and my first post was in that thread. Awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: