welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1687, 1688, 1689 ... 1708, 1709, 1710  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini J wrote:
Overall things are going well lately; we're going to Denmark and Germany for three weeks (leaving this sunday), I'm gainfully employed and have paid off about $20,000 worth of student loan debt in the past year (only $25,000 more to go!), we purchased a new camera (our first "fancy" camera, i.e. entry-level SLR), making new friends, and hopefully moving back to Vancouver next year (though I've finally gotten to appreciate Toronto, even if it's no Vancouver).

And also excellent, Pint is back!

Coming past Aarhus? If so, beers!
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini J wrote:
Overall things are going well lately; we're going to Denmark and Germany for three weeks (leaving this sunday), I'm gainfully employed and have paid off about $20,000 worth of student loan debt in the past year (only $25,000 more to go!), we purchased a new camera (our first "fancy" camera, i.e. entry-level SLR), making new friends, and hopefully moving back to Vancouver next year (though I've finally gotten to appreciate Toronto, even if it's no Vancouver).

And also excellent, Pint is back!

Coming past Aarhus? If so, beers!
Mini J

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I have my doubts; we'll be in Copenhagen for 7 days for a conference for Angela (my girlfriend), and afterwards we're going to Munich, Cologne, and Berlin.

Unless, of course, I abandon her to Copenhagen all by her lonesome so that I can carouse elsewhere in Denmark.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight in my carpool home, during a conversation on the poor understanding of lady parts by men, I was challenged by my colleagues (all women) to draw anatomically correct female genitals. And I did. And they were impressed.
sporko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Tonight in my carpool home, during a conversation on the poor understanding of lady parts by men, I was challenged by my colleagues (all women) to draw anatomically correct female genitals. And I did. And they were impressed.

to be fair, it's not difficult to draw (|)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
to be fair, it's not difficult to draw (|)

(i)
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should scan my vulva to show you, it's practically life-like! And drawn in green, because of the line "alien green sex" from William Shatner's skit at the Just for Laughs festival in 2000 which I'm sure you're all familiar with.
TIAB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen has a vulva, and Sporko has a penis.

Don't mind me, I'm just making a note of this.
TIAB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out tonight, played music, ate cake and came home a dollar richer than when I left.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best friend and I were once playing with play-doh and she said we should make vaginas. Well, I just stuck my finger in it to make a hole. I mean, she said vagina! What she meant was vulva and I must say, her play-doh vulva was quite excellent. I was very impressed.

I sort of feel like I should add that this was just a few years ago. We're 30. >_>

Also, I tend to be way more easygoing about certain things than I used to be but MAN it drives me insane that most people say vagina when they mean vulva. *twitch*

Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a school-wide event today, after which they served us free dinner with free beer. Anyway, halfway through someone came up to me and said,
"So I heard you drew an amazing vulva."

Everyone needs to be known for something. Familiarity with female genitals ain't a bad option...
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, uh, whadya doing this weekend? *wink wink wink*

Wink Wink Wink

Sorry, something in my eye.

stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started doing mechanical Turk on Amazon the other day, and I already qualify for some of the better paid tasks. Very Happy. So far I can get about $6 an hour, but that's after only three days, so I'm hopeful I can bump it up to $10 or more in a month.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I keep meaning to check that out, then forgetting. Glad to hear it's working well for you, though!
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, it looks interesting. There are ones to transcribe a ~45min audio recording that pay $22. I don't know how long it takes to get a rating qualification of 92 or a confidentiality qualification of 20, or what those even mean, but it sounds like there's at least a slim possibility of making actual money. Unless it takes you 4 hours to transcribe 45min of audio, which it might... it might be a recording of two guys talking while grinding steel and playing the timpani.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1687, 1688, 1689 ... 1708, 1709, 1710  Next
Page 1688 of 1710

Jump to: