welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1698, 1699, 1700 ... 1708, 1709, 1710  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, nothing beats pure adrenaline thrills that force the heart to take the entire body hostage for those precious drops of blood.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Put Schroedinger's Relationship to rest. Dude was super cool about it and I think we were both on the same wavelength in the end.

Hoping we can still be friends, since he really is a cool guy.

I don't know why this is in the pleasures thread? But, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can be friends, since that's what you want... I'm friends with all of my exes except two (now), and it's great.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here on purpose. Really it's a good thing all around. I was starting to feel like a jerk and we hardly ever talked anyway. Pretty sure he was on the same wavelength in that we were both kinda sucking at the whole thing.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
It's here on purpose. Really it's a good thing all around. I was starting to feel like a jerk and we hardly ever talked anyway. Pretty sure he was on the same wavelength in that we were both kinda sucking at the whole thing.

Samsally really just needs a NSSLP*.

*Non sexual snuggling life partner Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stealing that acronym because it's an accurate description of my ideal relationship.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you met Samsally? She's wonderful.

CLEARLY THIS WILL WORK JUST BECAUSE.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the ace version of NOW KISS, isn't it?

"NOW CUDDLE!"

But no yeah... NSSLP does sound really nice. My only problem is remembering how to put my guard down enough to let someone get that close.
Ennis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

We both like Sinfest, clearly we both have fantastic taste.

Samsally wrote:

"NOW CUDDLE!"

Not gonna lie, I get very excited about characters hugging. Platonic cuddling is pretty much the best thing ever.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Samsally wrote:

"NOW CUDDLE!"

Not gonna lie, I get very excited about characters hugging. Platonic cuddling is pretty much the best thing ever.

I don't have a lot of experience with platonic cuddling?... I mean except with the cats but I'm not sure they count. Never gotten that close to someone outside a relationship and there was always sex looming in one way or another.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, more freelance correlating work!
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have more-or-less confirmed/replicated a result that I first caused by *total accident*.

By screwing up and using the wrong color filter (The box it was in SAID it was a UV filter! .. I should have been suspicious that I could still see the light...), I have basically doubled or tripled the number of papers we can write on a chemical we're using, because something *really weird* is going on.

I have successfully furthered science by fucking up. I feel like a real scientist now!
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
I have more-or-less confirmed/replicated a result that I first caused by *total accident*.

By screwing up and using the wrong color filter (The box it was in SAID it was a UV filter! .. I should have been suspicious that I could still see the light...), I have basically doubled or tripled the number of papers we can write on a chemical we're using, because something *really weird* is going on.

I have successfully furthered science by fucking up. I feel like a real scientist now!

Manipulating electron energy states of the mol orbital eh?

What chemical?
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Felgraf wrote:

Manipulating electron energy states of the mol orbital eh?

What chemical?

It's a photo-cleavable chemical our collaborators in the chem department have made (It's Lipanoic-acid based, and it's the third iteration, so... We call it Lip-3. I don't think it HAS an official name).

It's not supposed to react under green light, though-it takes light in the UV-range to cleave. And it's not cleaving due to heat, because there's no way I'm dumping in that much energy (plus, it cleaves easier on silver nanotriangles than on bulk silver). Now, this has occured with other chemicals on silver (and silver nanoparticles) in the past-there's a sort of plasmon-based free-electron generation that goes on, except-

That *SHOULDN'T* be happening here, because unlike other chemicals that this has happened to in the literature, *ours isn't conductive* to free electrons.

(The way we're measuring this is basically cleaving the chemicals, then introducing gold nanospheres-since the cleaved chemicals becomes positively charged under the right conditions, so the gold nanospheres will stick to it. Then I shove it into the Scanning electron microscope and take pictures. It' more qualitative than quantitative, at the moment, but it works!)
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

A straight guy who wanted to date me but thought I was a lesbian tried to set me up with someone that way once. Very memorable.

Him: I can call a lesbian here right now!
Me: Um...no?
Him: *Calls*
*TIME PASSES.*
Lesbian: *Sits awkwardly at counter*
Me: *sits awkwardly at counter*

At least he was trying to be helpful, I guess. He didn't even tell me her name or anything she was interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Ennis wrote:
Samsally wrote:

"NOW CUDDLE!"

I don't have a lot of experience with platonic cuddling?... I mean except with the cats but I'm not sure they count. Never gotten that close to someone outside a relationship and there was always sex looming in one way or another.

CATS TOTALLY COUNT.

also dogs.

although my male cat seems to be renewing his fixation with raping my arm, so even that relationship can be a bit fraught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1698, 1699, 1700 ... 1708, 1709, 1710  Next
Page 1699 of 1710

Jump to: