welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1699, 1700, 1701 ... 1717, 1718, 1719  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Ennis wrote:
Samsally wrote:
This is the ace version of NOW KISS, isn't it?

"NOW CUDDLE!"

Not gonna lie, I get very excited about characters hugging. Platonic cuddling is pretty much the best thing ever.

I don't have a lot of experience with platonic cuddling?... I mean except with the cats but I'm not sure they count. Never gotten that close to someone outside a relationship and there was always sex looming in one way or another.

CATS TOTALLY COUNT.

also dogs.

although my male cat seems to be renewing his fixation with raping my arm, so even that relationship can be a bit fraught.

My favorite part about this post is that when I read it I laughed so loud that Orange gave me a super offended look and jumped off my chest. (I lounge a lot, they don't get a lap so they make due.)
TIAB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played at an open stage show tonight where one of the house musicians this month is a touring member of Tenacious D and a founding member of the Kyle Gass Band.

I'd hung out with him before at some of his local shows, but this was my first time getting to jam with him and it was a lot of fun.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if I'd known how talented you were when I met you I would've tricked you into having unprotected sex with me so I could have your baby and your inevitable rock star riches would be half mine.
sporko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mom underwent a mastectomy yesterday for invasive ductal breast CA and i was worried because it was Bloom-Richardson grade 3 but sentinel node biopsy was negative and so she didn't have to undergo axillary node dissection and likely doesn't have to do chemo, but they're going to an oncologist later this week

also i told her to ask for zofran for the post-op nausea and she called me at 2am (my time) so excited that it worked

so yay

also i love you guys, sorry i haven't posted much but i lurk when i can and am appropriately happy and sympathetic for all of you <3

also disbursement came in just in time this semester and i can now figure out how to afford a plane ticket home vs. a car (required for school for rotations) or somehow both instead of rent Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd reserve judgment until actually seeing/hearing one of my performances but I'm fairly confident that I don't suck.

Hope things go well with your mom, sporko.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
my mom underwent a mastectomy yesterday for invasive ductal breast CA and i was worried because it was Bloom-Richardson grade 3 but sentinel node biopsy was negative and so she didn't have to undergo axillary node dissection and likely doesn't have to do chemo, but they're going to an oncologist later this week

That sounds stressful, but I'm glad it's looking positive. Call if you need anything, though, yeah?

Quote:
also disbursement came in just in time this semester and i can now figure out how to afford a plane ticket home vs. a car (required for school for rotations) or somehow both instead of rent Surprised

You know, you can live out of your car, but you can't fly your apartment home.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope your mom does well, sporko - man, that is not a happy thing to have to deal with on top of everything else, but i'm glad it's looking positive - and it's really wonderful that you are able to help her, even at a distance.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon order got lost. UPS were dicks. Amazon is replacing the item and shipping it overnight.

Is Amazon the last place on earth with generally good customer service? Or am I just shopping at the wrong places?
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found Newegg's customer service to be pretty good the one or two times I've needed to use it.
They could be more gentle with their harddrives, though.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get to see Welcome to Nightvale tonight! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappos.com is supposed to be amazing too. Amazon isn't the last place, they are just one of a number of smart companies treating customer service as an important investment.

I love that I can instant message someone there with questions. Super awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I get to see Welcome to Nightvale tonight! Very Happy

*FULL OF ENVY*
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had good service with Zappos, Newegg, and Amazon. Amazon is my absolute #1 mostly because of their large selection of products and service.

I pre-ordered a game on Amazon with guaranteed beta code upon pre-order purchase. Well, somehow my email blocked the email thinking it was spam or something. I sent them a message, and I was responded to within the day. I was sent my beta code again with no questions asked whatsoever. Amazon was awesome when my daughter was eating baby food. I would purchase her food by the box because it was just cheaper than buying single jars at the store. I guess baby food qualifies for free two day shipping on there too (or at least it did then). So I mean, you couldn't really beat their price plus very fast shipping for free.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stay the fuck away from alibaba.

Last time I made an order there, 50 or so USB drives turned into a couple thousand carats of cubic zirconium, and I had a hell of a time getting my money back.

(seriously, what the fuck am I gonna do with a couple thousand tiny cubic zirconium gems)
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decorate 50 thumbdrives?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1699, 1700, 1701 ... 1717, 1718, 1719  Next
Page 1700 of 1719

Jump to: