Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1701, 1702, 1703, 1704, 1705  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took two of my daughters skating for the first time. They both loved it, and one of them was skating without the cage by the end of it!
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never a fan of cage training kids. I think they get more out of it when they're allowed to go on a 16ft lead.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took round one of my tests for plumbing school. Basic math test. I'll be shocked if I don't score near perfect. Not to sound cocky, but it was the arithmetic with the addition of fractions and decimals. All work was double checked. Unfortunately due to the number of people taking it, results wont be out for a few weeks.

In the mean time, I have interviewed to be a lab rat at a nice little food place. I think I am nailing these interviews, which shocks me. I usually have a lot of nervousness in these situations, but I am able to get along great with all of the people. So, that went well too.

Things are going smooth.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, DeD!

um....by the way.....just out of curiosity.......what fast food place is hiring lab rats? just, you know, in case i need to eat at a fast food place, and don't have time to inspect the meat all that closely...
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
alright, DeD!

um....by the way.....just out of curiosity.......what fast food place is hiring lab rats? just, you know, in case i need to eat at a fast food place, and don't have time to inspect the meat all that closely...

A food additive plant. Not a direct restaurant.

Either way, I'm "overqualified" and didn't get it.

At one point the board of people I was with asked a questioned, and I gave them a simple answer based on a deduction of common sense and prioritizing. I saw their faces go from interesting to dumb founded. A moment of silence and finally one of them said "you are a very intelligent person, that is going down as one of the best answers we have ever received." It was about that point I thought" uh oh" and sure enough...
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the overqualified denial. I understand that they think you're going to quit as soon as you get a better job, but there's got to be an allowance for people who really want a job. Like a one year contract.

When I was applying to grad school the only reason I got any jobs in the hospital was because of nepotism. I knew the people doing hiring and promised them I would stay for at least a year. Otherwise I would have been unemployed for two years while they hired someone possibly less talented who had no aspirations.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and who might have left them anyway. yes, there are a lot of people who have been unemployed for far longer than they should have been, thanks to that nonsense.

actually, i suspect that it is more about them thinking you will want a lot more in salary - but if you have the intelligence to not just do your job, but maybe provide them with other answers - aren't you worth it?

however, i am glad that you are overqualified to be served up as fast food.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:

however, i am glad that you are overqualified to be served up as fast food.

It's been two months now.

I've applied to so many retail stores just hoping for some sort of income, no one is hiring after the holidays it seems.

If I had money to spend, there are a lot of projects around the house. I don't have the money though, so I just stare at it and get frustrated.

New flooring, tiling in the kitchen, basement needs a remodel.

It would also be nice to travel, but no money for that either.
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Him wrote:
Going to London next month. Already looking forward to it. In fact I have been for the past 3 months or so. It'll just be a weekend, but still.
So yeah one month and 4 days left and I am excited already. I am going to see a friend, we've been talking pretty much every day for months (since August I think) now and it will be awesome to finally meet up for real, as it turns out England really isn't that far away or expensive to go to. Also I suppose it will be nice to see London proper, only been there briefly once before and that was 11 years ago. Anyone know anything that I should make sure to see while there?

Aside from all the obvious things like the british museum and them other buildings I'd say you should go to Speakers' Corner if you can. It is on my list at least. Also visit Harrods as it's a really cool store (though obviously also a depressing proof of the moral bankruptcy of capitalism Razz ).

And I think I remember there being a James Bond museum with James Bond stuff but it has been a while for me too. I do mean to visit it some time in the future though.

stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a dragon touch tablet, and it functions! I'll be using it the next couple days to make sure before selling my broken iPad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agh i am 26 now
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: president of the 20s Reply with quote

4 more years!
4 more years!
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 33 (as of the 23rd)!
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i revel in the glory that is melted cheese. i may be totally broke, but i must remind myself: my refrigerator contains a stock of cheese. which can be melted.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
agh i am 26 now

I am 4, and I have been for a while now.

mouse wrote:
i revel in the glory that is melted cheese. i may be totally broke, but i must remind myself: my refrigerator contains a stock of cheese. which can be melted.

I am out of cheese
and yoghurt
and milk
and kefir
and cream

a trip to the grocery may be in order
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1701, 1702, 1703, 1704, 1705  Next
Page 1702 of 1705

Jump to: