welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1706, 1707, 1708 ... 1712, 1713, 1714  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much just got told "Surprise! 3-Day weekend!" today. I guess sometimes my job being ridiculously unpredictable -can- result in good things?

Anyway, secrets abound and I only have a really vague grasp of what exactly is going on right now but heeeey 3 day weekend go.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought about $200 in electronics components... about 4000 components.

Much excite.
TIAB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I rode my bike naked through Chicago with about 2000 other people in various states of undress, and spectators were both respectful and enthusiastic for the most part.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat. Portland did the World Naked Bike Ride last weekend (the 7th). They don't know how many people were in it this year yet (they have to count them manually), but last year was over 8,000. It's kind of a big deal here. It's cool that other places do it, too, and that you did it. Is it super relaxed there? Here it's basically a leisurely meetup with a few bands and a body painting station that turns into a short-ish ride that then turns back into a laid back party.
TIAB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leisurely meetup, yes. Short ride, no. The meetup had a DJ and a body paint section, as well as a photobooth. The ride itself was about 15 miles and really stop and go, and took about 4 hours and ended back at the start. There was a bonfire going at that point, but I had to skip off to catch the last train home. But everyone was pretty cool, even had a number of spectators join in spontaneously. One girl I was talking to said she called and cancelled on a friend of hers, "I'm not going to make it, I'm going to ride my bike naked." It's amusing to me how open and casual everyone was. I feel like I got to know a few very well, but caught very few names.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know how long ours was. They don't disclose the route (to discourage creepy people with cameras), but I'd guess it's about 10 miles. It takes a long time, though, because the first people are almost halfway there by the time the last people start. Ours used to be a circle, but wasn't this year. But there was an after party hosted by an indie newspaper that let you party naked (and with a noticeable security presence). Anyway, good times. Smile
TIAB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved to had stayed for the after party, but that was getting started about a half hour before the last train out of the city until morning, so next year I'm just going to have to find a place to crash in the city overnight. Hopefully I'll have a friend in the city that's willing to have a guest arrive in the wee hours of the morning.

Oh, and I only know how long the ride was because someone tracked it as it happened. Probably a smartphone app. The route was not disclosed beforehand for the same reasons you mentioned.
TIAB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently I was one of the photographer's favorites at the photobooth for the event. That makes me happy. NSFW, obviously

For those who haven't met or seen me before, I have the words 'Not crude, not lewd, just nude' proudly displayed.
Ennis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting to animate boobs!

(Don't worry, they're not anime boobs)
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet just got a little better

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just selected to host a weekly open mic night, which means that I have a guaranteed paying gig every week for the foreseeable future.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIAB wrote:
Apparently I was one of the photographer's favorites at the photobooth for the event. That makes me happy. NSFW, obviously

For those who haven't met or seen me before, I have the words 'Not crude, not lewd, just nude' proudly displayed.

I was about to make some awkward comment about how I was just looking at your penis when I realized that I've seen a bunch of sinfesters nude. didn't we used to have a website where we posted naked pictures of ourselves?

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
TIAB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can't say that I miss the site, or the thread that led up to it. I'm obvious not against sharing nudity but there was a lot wrong with that thread.
Celaeno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I never once even peeked into that thread.
suds

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The underage nudes were kinda problematic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1706, 1707, 1708 ... 1712, 1713, 1714  Next
Page 1707 of 1714

Jump to: