welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1707, 1708, 1709 ... 1717, 1718, 1719  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Him

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't read The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal webcomic do because it's...really really great? I'm totally clueless if this is a well-known comic in the U.S or not, just saw it posted by an American friend and once I started I just could not stop reading. Given that it's like 500 pages that's kind of a feat.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working with someone to make a student film of this story: http://12ozlb.blogspot.com/2012/12/2012-12-26.html

It may or may not have been inspired by the persona of a certain 'fester here Wink

Last edited by Darqcyde on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a house! (To rent, not to buy.) It's big, cheap (because it's in the county), and it has blackberry bushes, plum trees, and grapes growing.

I am quite relieved, because if we didn't get approved or get the money in time, we still would have had to leave our apartment. So yay not having to couch-surf!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I think house/apartment shopping is awful and stressful, so I'm glad it's over for you.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It has been a particularly bad time for it, because the housing market has picked up, so there wasn't a whole lot to choose from - and anything that was within a certain radius of the college was being snapped up left and right.

Luckily we found a place right near where we live now, in our price range, that no one else wanted. We were worried it was going to be some awful kind of place, but it's a totally nifty house, with three different kinds of 1970s wallpaper in the kitchen, and a room painted in several shades of bright pink.

It leans a little bit on one half of the house, and if I go too far into the rooms on that side, I feel like the Psycho theme is playing in my head, and then I feel sick. My roommates notice it leans a little, but they aren't having this problem. I am going to assume some people who looked at this also experienced this problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a kind of big slope. Did the owners/managers tell you why it slopes?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't ask. I don't think the slope is that huge, it just affects me more than the others. I lived in another house with a similar problem, which came about when the foundation was worked on. (It sloped really badly when they were working on it, then it sloped less bad but differently when they were done.) So I suspect it's that.

I seem to recall being told I have problems with my sense of balance, and I know I have nightmares/trouble sleeping with uneven beds. So I'm pretty sure it's mainly me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have a super power! You should test it out by finding slighter and slighter grades until you find a slope that no one can feel but you. Then you just need a super hero costume and a cool name.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Slippery Slope! With the power of seemingly imperceptible change causing massive problems for evil down the line!
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take every little thing they utter and cause it to immediately flower into the worst, most exaggerated outcome for them!

My archenemy will be Moderate Millie, for whom Evil is a part time job. She clouds people's minds with Reasonable Conclusions and Practical Concerns!

My love interest will be a goat/horse/dog hybrid, whom I will have married because the law granted equal marriage rights for one group after another. (Muahaha.)

I should find a way to combine this with my super taster/weird sinus issues powers. There has to be a use for pickles and coffee being disgusting, and everything suddenly smelling like urine for a week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to have to drive something like 90 minutes to work a 12-hour shift in the state hospital twice a week, then drive back for a 12-hour shift in Portland the next day... but now, pending approval (hopefully tomorrow), I won't have to do that.

Everyone else will. But not me.

Because I handle my business.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
a goat/horse/dog hybrid

yes

good
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually appear to be ahead on moving things, rather than scrambling at the last minute. I don't know how this happened.

Also, I am getting used to the floor slope now. I just feel like I'm overly drunk and on a boat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just remember - you throw up over the _downwind_ side.

...i'm sure the house has one.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to have our boat expert friend come and find it for us. Maybe she can figure out where the steering wheel is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1707, 1708, 1709 ... 1717, 1718, 1719  Next
Page 1708 of 1719

Jump to: