welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1039, 1040, 1041 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeting up with your childhood best friend and realizing he has become, personality wise, a spitting image of his older brother you always hated. Then add coke head on top of it.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like an idiot at sparring. Also, I got kicked in the arm (this is pretty normal - you block with your arms) but it hit that fucking nerve and it hurts up to my shoulder. My arm went numb and I couldn't move it for a while. Also, thumb got hit pretty good. I am a first degree black belt and I end up almost in tears every sparring class. This is so frustrating.
Yorick

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a can of "air spray", upside down, to freeze a bee. Except the last time I did that, "bitterrant" wasn't an ingredient, and I breathed some of it in ... took half an hour of guzzling water to get the taste out ...
Halen

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
I feel like an idiot at sparring. Also, I got kicked in the arm (this is pretty normal - you block with your arms) but it hit that fucking nerve and it hurts up to my shoulder. My arm went numb and I couldn't move it for a while. Also, thumb got hit pretty good. I am a first degree black belt and I end up almost in tears every sparring class. This is so frustrating.

Dude, at some point, something should be telling you that you are not cut out for this. I stopped doing martial arts when my elbow was hurting so badly after every practice I couldn't think about anything else. Your body is telling you something. It's telling you to do something gentler. There are martial arts that don't require you to break yourself - how many times have we read posts about your body crumbling around you, and you ignoring it?

Congratulations on your 1st degree. Loyalty to your club is one thing. When you are 50 and can't walk , it will mean something else.

Find a martial art that suits you.
dinsky

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learned this morning that my cousin, 21 years old, died of a heroin overdose last night. With everyone else out of town, I had to break this to my brother. Today is the first day I have been the bearer of this type of sad news within my family.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh shit

Hugs, Dinsky. Lots of hugs
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit dinsky, that's awful
mouse

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so sorry, dinsky - both for the loss of your cousin, and that you've had to experience this "first".
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a douche.

I am sorry for your loss dinsk!

Last edited by Mr_Moustache on Wed May 09, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Mr_Moustache on Wed May 09, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Canopus

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah shit, sorry to hear that Dinsky.

Moustache is sorry too.
dinsky

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I feel angry. I'd always sort of felt like Heroin was a drug of the past. Not as big a threat to today's youth as these modern party drugs. Heroin has never appeared to be a problem in my generation.

Maxime's dad, my uncle, has battled it for decades. Clean for six years. He was here in BC visiting from Montreal when it happened. He knew Max had the same affliction, and had been putting off this visit for the last year because of it. He only visited now because he thought Max was well enough for him to let down his guard and leave for two weeks.

Mom told me that she now knows what a primal scream sounds like. It comes from a giant man learning of the loss of his son. He blames himself.
Canopus

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I'm going to her house and doing a bunch of projects she's been meaning to do but hasn't because she works so much. Cleaning the garage, taking down blinds in the living room and putting up curtains, stuff like that.

Oh. Weirdly enough, I've actually spent the last few weeks repainting the rooms in my parents house, but I never considered offering labor as a gift.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's not even an usual trip. Pretty much every time I drive to Portland I end up either doing things at my mom's house or my sister's (last time I climbed on my sister's roof and scraped off moss). But my sister's a physician and my mom makes 5 or 6 times as much as I do, so traditional gifts are kind of silly (they own all the things they want). Doing something to make their lives easier/better, and spending time with them, is about the only thing I have to offer.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doing something for someone else is a gift, whether you intentionally do it for that or not. and i think it tends to make sturdier memories, in the long run.

is moss bad for roofs? i thought it lent a lovely sort of cottagey feel (not that moss grows anywhere where i live, just collecting trivia).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1039, 1040, 1041 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next
Page 1040 of 1250

Jump to: