welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1120, 1121, 1122 ... 1254, 1255, 1256  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTrees wrote:
Had my first experience running texh support on Windows 8 last night.

Got a call during the day from a family member (family tech support: the very worst call type). He bought a new computer, couldn't get it connected to the Internet. Okay, fine, I have nothing going on this evening. When I get there? Bad installation of Win8. Please insert installation disk to finish installation of Windows... "Uh... were you able to log in, ever, on this machine?" "No! I can't log in, I can't get online, I can't do anything!" Of course, there's no actual disk with the computer, and I don't have a copy of Windows 8 yet to fix it myself (even if I did, I would not have brought it with-prkblem was no Internet).

*sigh*

"Copy down this error message, word-for-word, and bring this computer back to the store. Tell them Windows wasn't properly installed and that you want to exchange this for a computer that works. Make them let you turn it on in the store!"

So, yeah. Not *entirely* a Win8 problem, but still, first support experience with the OS was a bad one. Also, why do I let family buy whatever machine they want from wherever they want, when I could point them in much better directions? Because I've gone the route of giving advice before, and from then on every single issue with the machine, for years into the future, is my fault. F that noise.

If all he wants is internet, maybe consider installing Chrome OS or something?
BUT THEN IT'S YOUR FAULT WHEN IT'S NOT EXACTLY THE SAME AS WINDOWS.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Dogen wrote:
You may only be able to see this if we're friends.

or are on facebook.

damn you, facebook elitists!

If you join Facebook, I will be your friend. Then you can see how pretty WA is through my pictures of hikes I took, and learn about how Jen is my secret internet philandering girlfriend, and other important things.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to worry right now that the police came tonight to view some cctv and because it wouldn't record to disc properly they shut the club down.

But the fact that a transexual claims to have been asau

Fuck I can't even spell properly right now. Too long, didn't type: I think my license will be revoked and my entire career ended.

I preferred when my hyperbole was reserved for drama with teenage girls.

Feel so fucking sick & tired right now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i keep thinking about joining facebook, and then some news item comes out that makes me think the company is a total sleazebag. and also it would be yet one more thing that i never update.

then again, i suppose i could just say that i got the account just to see other people's accounts, so forget learning anything about me - will facebook let me do that?
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Where were you when I needed you, Gary!?

(did you see that you're mentioned?)

I did. My online motto is esse et percepi or whatever. Something Latino anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, that sounds awful, gary - for pretty much everyone involved.

i don't know too much about cctv - was it supposed to be recording what happened inside the club? is there any evidence that the thing had been tampered with? because surely you can't be blamed for technical difficulties - i hope.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
i keep thinking about joining facebook, and then some news item comes out that makes me think the company is a total sleazebag. and also it would be yet one more thing that i never update.

then again, i suppose i could just say that i got the account just to see other people's accounts, so forget learning anything about me - will facebook let me do that?

That's essentially what I do. I post really infrequently myself. Most of my activity is commenting on other people's stuff. You could also leave out your personal info. You don't have to tell it where you work or went to school or anything.

Gary, sorry you got shut down. Did someone really get assaulted in your club? How long does being shut down last?
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need help, I know Iron Man and Spiderman.
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... fuck. Good luck, man.

And mouse's questions are the same ones I have, being that I know nothing about British CCTV requirements other than "lol big brother cctv evarywhar"
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's recorded but because I am too tech stupid to burn it to disc they closed the club and now my boss is pissed at me & the police are tacitly accusing me of hampering their investigation.

I don't know. It's horrible but maybe not. I just never wanted to have to deal with this nightclub bullshit again and yet I'm having to.

It'll work itself out, my life generally does. It does mean im too tired / drunk to fuck the reasonably hot Scottish chick meant to come round later.

I dunno. Everything'll be reet, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you do seem to keep bobbing to the surface - keep doing that, alright? i hope it all gets resolved quickly.
Willem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there, Gary. I'm sure things will work out. Just relax for now, not much you can do at the moment. Or fuck the Scottish chick, I think that's a decent plan too. Worst case, you can still run the Sinfest Emotional Dudes With 'Tudes Club with Marnix and me.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
It's recorded but because I am too tech stupid to burn it to disc they closed the club and now my boss is pissed at me & the police are tacitly accusing me of hampering their investigation.

I don't know. It's horrible but maybe not. I just never wanted to have to deal with this nightclub bullshit again and yet I'm having to.

It'll work itself out, my life generally does. It does mean im too tired / drunk to fuck the reasonably hot Scottish chick meant to come round later.

I dunno. Everything'll be reet, I guess.

Dude! A hot Scottish Girl is coming around later, right? can't be all bad.

I'm there with you otherwise, brother.

While I was off at training, 3 hours away from my store, to get my ServeSafe certification, there was a meeting with our district manager. Basically most of my subordinates ganged up and tried to get me fired for shit I supposedly did (but didn't do) and for other shit I didn't supposed do (but I did). They're mostly pissy 'cuz they think they should have my job. What none of them realize (and they wouldn't believe me if I told them) was that my predecessor recommended me for the job because "they're all too stupid to do my job, but you could do it." And they've been dragging their feet for the last week 'cuz they are so pissy about everything. And then they all want special accommodations for their schedules on top of all it. Tomorrow I get my talking to w/ my predecessor (whose now effectively above me) and our store manager.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck... Gary... holy shit are you okay? I am just certain that American people giving a character reference is not even remotely useful but I'll totally speak for you.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo my mom has a gall stone - a big one too. Surgery Wednesday which means she will have been in serious pain for over a week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1120, 1121, 1122 ... 1254, 1255, 1256  Next
Page 1121 of 1256

Jump to: