welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1128, 1129, 1130 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Struggling people kill themselves every day. The world doesn't really care.

That doesn't make it okay and speak for yourself.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just admit it.

What freaked you out was the thought of was how you would have reacted to finding the body because it triggers your fear of your own death.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you being such an unprovoked ass, onepony?
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you even bothering to ask when you don't care about the answer?

Oh, right, so you can find something in it you can use to against me.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious. What the fuck? Why this despair and nihilism?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um

are you okay, onepony? i don't think you've ever come out swinging randomly for no reason at someone before
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions about if anyone would notice if they were gone. Lashing out over a suicide, claiming no one cares. Definitely getting a not-okay vibe.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, life is meaningless and most people probably don't care. Still, as long as you have a functioning sex-organ and money for beer/boozdrugs whatever makes you happy. And I dunno, I have always felt that it should be one's own right to step out of existence (granted that there is a system in place to validate that it is not just an impulse). Perhaps the real tragedy is that he could (only) do it in a compromising and public environment, and perhaps death should not be the end of human dignity.

Last edited by Mr_Moustache on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Just admit it.

What freaked you out was the thought of was how you would have reacted to finding the body because it triggers your fear of your own death.

Dude, not what she said. At. All.

Samsally wrote:
Whoever it was hung themselves from some of the obstacles at our local skating park. I don't walk past the park itself often, but all the little skaters sort of infiltrate all of downtown, including my parking ramp. They are nice kids, never harass me, and even complimented my scarf once.

Was it one of them?

And even if it wasn't, it's fucking sad as hell.

empathy man, empathy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
absoluthoyt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting hurt at work and having every shift runner basically make up some BS excuse as to why they can't close the store for me after I have literally and figuratively bent over backwards for all these people more then once as their manager.

Had to call in my District Manager and was very happy to have him come in and basically say the same thing "No one can close for Sean!? He is hurt! No? Guess I need some new shift runners!" Nice to have a DM who has your back.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this past week I interviewed for a position that I'm currently occupying (temporarily) and have been since May. A number of my coworkers also applied for the position, some of them enormously talented and qualified. I lost, which wouldn't hurt so much if it was to one of my talented coworkers. But no, we all lost to a buffoon, an incompetent lazy asshole who's only qualities are that he is physical imposing and exceptional at brown-nosing the people at headquarters.

I've asked for a meeting with the regional manager, but I doubt there's anything I can do.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine is going through a nasty custody battle.

The other day she was visiting me at work with her kid, and as her 4 year old is eating french fries she says "Karen(my friends ex's new girlfriend) isn't my biological mom, but in a lot of ways she's LIKE a mommy to me."

You want to watch a mothers heart break....that right there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, Monkey, that sounds hard to deal with.

In other horrors related news, onepony seems to have disappeared and isn't responding to private messages. I'm officially worried.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in my dorm taking taking the piss about my smoking habit. Jesus H Christ, it's my body, would you kindly just fuck off? "It's going to kill you!", "You're going to get cancer!". I get that their trying to watch out for me, but seriously, I don't need to hear this every. single. fucking. time. I've started responding with just "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust".

Also, being essentially blackballed into buying lingerie for a secret Santa gift. Holy sweet dear Jesus you don't even want to know how much I hated people after being forced to go to a lingerie store to buy something for someone who I'm *not* in a relationship with, much less have them opening it in front of an entire dorm Christmas party. I am waiting for the inevitable shitstorm when that happens.

Also, ditto on the onepony thing. I don't really know him/her, but seeing someone post like that is always worrying.

The only death that has been physically close was my neighbor. He got out of his hot tub, slipped on the water, hit his head and rolled into the pool and ended up drowning. Pretty tragic, and it highlights the fact that any day could be your last. So get living.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is absolute truth that depressed people have a more realistic view of the world. So having an optimistic viewpoint is actually the norm. Which means to me that I try not to think about the EVERYDAY COULD BE YOUR LAST because it doesn't work for me - too depressing. And the concept has always struck me as a bad idea: if every day is treated like your last, you don't plan enough for the future which is terribly important if that day isn't your last.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1128, 1129, 1130 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1129 of 1254

Jump to: