welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1141, 1142, 1143 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah so, I've been having an earache since Jan 1, and I finally worked up the irritation to see if I could do something about it on Friday morning, having a looksee if my unemployed ass can get some free help. Only place that does that, closed. So I suffered thru the weekend and called them Monday. They told me where to go. So I went there in the afternoon, which took double it should have 'cos there was an accident and a traffic backup. and spent 3 hours waiting around (from intake to resolved - btw it's swimmer's ear). I don't yet know if there's going to be a charge, I have to send in some paperwork.

So on the way home I noticed there's no heat in my car. and some time after that I noticed the temp gauge has buried the needle. this was around 730.
It took till 1030 to travel the 12 miles to get home. My brother arrived to help me around mile 5.

so yeah. I didn't like today much. or the last three. Like to take a chainsaw to tomorrow.
Also I have to go back to the doc on Wednesday. They said to show up at 9a so I don't have to wait as long.
sporko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fucking hate having money issues

i don't really know what else there is to say about that. i know everyone has money issues, and i'm no different, and i know i'm to blame, but it doesn't change the fact.

i budgeted for the year based on the loans for school i took out and now part of it has disappeared and i don't know where it is. it's midnight so i have to wait til tomorrow to follow up but fuck me, man. goddamn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope both of you can work your money stuff out. Sad

(I'm counting Yorick's as money troubles since, well, car and doctor stuff.)

Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think I may have a piece of glass embedded in my foot.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRIDGES & HOW I'M BURNING THEM

So, you might recall how I was running a pub but then my employer put my license and name on a nightclub I never wanted to visit. And so I was made to visit it, to work at it, for months on end despite my employer promising me that it was just a temporary situation. All this time I was trying to run a cute local pub. Anyway, 3 months of this passed and after repeated complaints I decided to hit him where it hurt:

I told my employer that if he wanted me to run to venues for him he ought to pay me two salaries. Unsurprisingly I found out the very next day that a manager had been found for the club. I was overjoyed.

Recently I found out - not from my boss - that our contract at the pub had ended. I phoned my boss and he sheepishly confirmed this was true. It was my first contact with him for two weeks. Bare in mind this came after Xmas & NY. Yep, no Happy NY from him, nothing.

My boss was so generous to work out a ride for me and my stuff from the pub up to my sister's place where I currently reside. On the ride, I asked the driver - the other Director of 'our' company - who was listed as the licensee at the nightclub. 'Mike,' he said. I don't know Mike, but at least he's not me so fuck it.

Got a call from the police today regarding the nightclub. "Nothing to do with me, sorry." "Yes it is ... you're registered as the licensee."

Called Steve. "Mmmm, yeah ... come see me."

Went to see Steve. Kept waiting for 2 & 1/2 hours before I got to see him. He was keen to get me to sign over documents. Wouldn't acknowledge why I'm still licensee of a venue I've not visited in over a month.

I agree to sign the docs, but tell him he needs to pay me a weeks wages (he operated a club under my name for weeks without my knowledge). "Yeah, we'll sort something out. Also I need you to be at the club this weekend, too".

Okay, I will. You pay me two weeks wages. You've been operating the club under my name for five months now.

Not happening.

Okay well, consider your club closed.

Fine. You're being disloyal.

I remind him how he couldn't open his club without me, and how he's been operating without my permission, and how he has previously forged my signature on dox.

So what, is his reply. I left the room, and phoned the police.

NOT FUN.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, not good. i don't suppose any of your loyal regulars was a lawyer? (or a barrister, or whatever quaint term you britishers use). (i know, the one i probably mean is 'solicitor', but i'm not sure i want to bring up the topic of solicitation in connection with this nightclub.) hate to say it, but it sounds like you need to get yourself some legal protection. because your employer seems to have some definite comprehension issues with concepts like 'legal' and 'moral'. i really don't think you want to be signing anything a lawyer hasn't looked over, no matter what he says he'll pay you.

you're not the one burning bridges. i'm afraid you are the poor sod standing on them saying "do you smell smoke?"
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really want bridges between you and people who forge your signature, screw you during the holidays, jerk you around, and then refuse to work with you when they're caught doing illegal things under your name? Sounds like the perfect sort of people to not have around.

You should build a bridge to America, Gary. That's where you should build a bridge.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a mess ... you've been pushed into.

You acted correctly.

I agree, you should get legal advice or something.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
You should build a bridge to America, Gary. That's where you should build a bridge.

Seconded
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizarre, got a second call from the police today - I thought it was going to be follow up on my contacting them yesterday evening. Nope, another incident at the club on 'my watch'. I've completed all the relevant dox today and spoke with both the police and council. Both are aware the venue isn't to trade without me present.

Fucked up situation. Can't believe the fucking lies I've been fed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn those bridges,
Bomb those bridges,
Bulldoze those bridges,
Think of new and creative ways to destroy bridges, then do them.

Just make sure you get out of that situation as soon as you can.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Both are aware the venue isn't to trade without me present.

wait - why would you want to be present? can't you get them to understand you have no responsibility for the damn place? i mean, are you even getting paid for this?
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Mr Gary wrote:
Both are aware the venue isn't to trade without me present.

wait - why would you want to be present? can't you get them to understand you have no responsibility for the damn place? i mean, are you even getting paid for this?

Well he does have the responsibility for the place, which is the issue. I think the idea is that he's not going to be present and that the police know that if he's not they can shut it down.

Halen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid horror, but it's mine.

Offer to paint colleague's horse. "No thanks, you aren't good enough, they'll end up looking like a camel."

Confidence: floor.
Jinx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That seems like a f'd up decline anyway. I mean, it's one thing to think you aren't good enough, but being that blunt seems just rude.

Sorry, man. If I had a horse, I'd let you paint it.

Hell, I'd even let you paint it purple, if you wanted. ;-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1141, 1142, 1143 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next
Page 1142 of 1250

Jump to: