welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canopus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have credentials for this, but for what it's worth you're an exceedingly rare person Finnegan, with many important insights for the future. It would be a huge regret to see you out of the picture.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunk finn says, " that may be one of the coolest things anyone has ever said about me. thank you"

in a side note, I blame too many years of graduate and post-graduate studies for making me so god damn aware of my own personal motivations and impulses. life would be a lot simpler if I didn't have the capacity to understand the true motivations behind my own actions. introspection is a blight on one's actions when understood too fully.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correcyly you were suffering from migraines right? It might be worth looking up a doctor willing to use psilocybin as a treament, there is some research out there that it's effective.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, too hungover to look for any posts I might now regret posting so it all stays up.

Mr_Moustache wrote:
If I recall correcyly you were suffering from migraines right? It might be worth looking up a doctor willing to use psilocybin as a treament, there is some research out there that it's effective.

unfortunately that's not a legally viable option at this point. and back when I was know to use mushrooms from time to time, my migraines had not yet progressed to being a daily occurrence so I never used them while having a migraine so I don't even know anecdotally if it would work or not.
I appreciate the suggestion and the implied concern, thanks.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have posted nothing to regret, Finnegan. FWIW, you've gained the admiration of a total stranger on the internet, both for your introspection, and for the fact that you haven't given up. (Please don't confuse depression and morbid ideation for giving up; those who give up are already in the grave.) Continue to find something to smile about or laugh about each day, and know that each time I read a new post with your name on it, I will be inspired anew.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang, finn, i was just thinking how happy i was that you were posting here again. i have no similar experience, and no advice to give, but it sounds like other people have said helpful things - so i hope they really are helpful. and that you keep spending time being happy (whether it makes sense or not).
Pint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish female bodies had a better way of telling us that we aren't pregnant. CRAMPS!
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birth control fixes that shit right up.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birth control is the best.

Except that one time it gave me a tumor, I guess. BUT OTHERWISE totally the best.*

*Not actually being sarcastic.
Pint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just coming off the Depo shot. It used to be awesome to me. None for a year!*

*this time it lasted two months. Got done with it just before 10 Feb... And surprise! Here it is again. Go me.
SomeGuy411

Location: Lost somewhere in space/time, as far as I can tell. Last known location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty test today. Had to write a program using the new skills in my weak programming language (visual basic-the part matters), with no resources to work from externally (ethernet cords were pulled on every computer to make sure nobody could cheat). Managed to remember almost everything, write the test, go to put it on the teachers external HD (thats how he wants everything handed in)-program says i have to close the file to copy it. Go to save a new copy-can't find c drive. back up my code. save the file. close it. all files delete themselves. At least I could hand in the mostly working code, but none of the GUI elements or the stuff that would easily reference the code. The day just got worse from there, but thats the one specific highlight. It might actually be bad enough to put a blip on a radar here, albeit a tiny one.
Have a pleasant day
sporko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 hours in the library now

i'm going crazy

fuck

we have blankets and are sleeping under the desks in the study room

no no it's ok, i'm basically paying $20K/year in rent

this room should probably be padded

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent 5 hours in a coffee shop today so umm... yeah, I don't know. Good luck?

I have this online class, and it should be really easy, but the teacher makes everything difficult. She never uses dates, so she says, "This is due Friday," or, "There's a test next Thursday," and you have to check what date she posted the notice to know when she's talking about. Plus, we're not going by the schedule in the syllabus at all, so you have nothing else to confirm it with. So I got mixed up on some stuff and thought it was due a week later than it was, and when I realized it today and was hustling to get it done so I could send it before midnight, figuring it would just look better to have it say "Yesterday at 11:55pm" or whatever... and then gmail had an error and it didn't get sent until 12:04am. Best laid plans, my friends.

I really hate online classes. Really, really.
Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still don't have a place to live (currently housed at bf's place) and might go down to part time work come May, or even have no work at all before then due to the sequester shenanigans. exciting.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Birth control is the best.

Except that one time it gave me a tumor, I guess. BUT OTHERWISE totally the best.*

*Not actually being sarcastic.

And the time it gave my then-girlfriend (now fiance) a stroke. At 23. The day after thanksgiving (which I had brought her down to meet my parents for).

She's fine now, though! (In part due to the neurologists at the hospital near my parents home being, apparently, REALLY REALLY GOOD). She's got no lingering issues whatsoever, save that she thinks she may swallow differently than she used to.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next
Page 1159 of 1250

Jump to: