welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1162, 1163, 1164 ... 1257, 1258, 1259  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
My apartment looks like a bachelor lives here. I need the management people to want to come do an inspection, or maintenance to come fix something, or have someone who suddenly needs to crash here for a night so I have a reason to clean...

In the mean time, I'm going to make shepherd's pie.

My apartment is the same way. I've cleaned without major prompting like... once this year and of course it's bad again.

I'm probably going to go out for curry then bake something rather than clean.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want my hour back!!

Stupid, stupid Congress. You cannot make a rope longer by cutting one end off and tying it to the other.

Daylight Savings Time: bad math for an archaic reason.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
I want my hour back!!

Stupid, stupid Congress. You cannot make a rope longer by cutting one end off and tying it to the other.

Daylight Savings Time: bad math for an archaic reason.

ditto. I fucking hate daylight savings time.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i really appreciated having to spring forward the weekend before finals week

just another reason why i want the 109th Congress to be eaten alive by beetles
Dro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Daylight Savings Time either, but was the purpose really to try to make the day longer?
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it was to sync up the time of day to correspond with the hours of daylight. It was supposed to be of benefit to farmers when agriculture was the major industry in this country. At least that was rational of Ben Franklin when he developed the concept. During Bush Jr.'s administration he extended the time frame under the rationale that it would result in less electricity use if everyone when to bed earlier when it got dark earlier and woke up later when the sun came up later thereby cutting down on the hours people need to light their houses when it started getting dark earlier.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an issue or two, we ended up having to release the pup back into the foster family's care. It was not an easy thing to do, but it was for the best. She was making a chew toy out of my current dog, and while we expected some nipping and despite constant corrective (non abusive, non negative reinforcing) measures the nips turned into bites and was getting worse. Henry eventually stopped playing, and spent most of his day hiding when possible, cowering when he couldn't. I couldn't put him through that.

It killed me to do, but I took her back to the family. We sat and talked for a long time. I realized it was for the best. She is back in a place where she can run and romp with five other dogs her size, in a yard the size of a foot ball field. I actually sat there thinking it was almost selfish of me to take her out of that environment.

There was an issue with her name when I got her. I wanted to give her a name that was apparently reserved for my sisters unborn child and this blew a fucking gasket in her head. That's not important anymore though so I replaced her name tag and asked the family if they wouldn't mind keep her named June, to which they agreed.

So now I have a bunch of puppy food and training snacks that I forgot to take with me to give to them...

Yeah, it's been a shitty weekend.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry, Ded. =( I hope Henry is doing better now, at least.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is. He stopped hiding and sits with us again at night.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
There was an issue or two, we ended up having to release the pup back into the foster family's care. It was not an easy thing to do, but it was for the best. She was making a chew toy out of my current dog, and while we expected some nipping and despite constant corrective (non abusive, non negative reinforcing) measures the nips turned into bites and was getting worse. Henry eventually stopped playing, and spent most of his day hiding when possible, cowering when he couldn't. I couldn't put him through that.

It killed me to do, but I took her back to the family. We sat and talked for a long time. I realized it was for the best. She is back in a place where she can run and romp with five other dogs her size, in a yard the size of a foot ball field. I actually sat there thinking it was almost selfish of me to take her out of that environment.

There was an issue with her name when I got her. I wanted to give her a name that was apparently reserved for my sisters unborn child and this blew a fucking gasket in her head. That's not important anymore though so I replaced her name tag and asked the family if they wouldn't mind keep her named June, to which they agreed.

So now I have a bunch of puppy food and training snacks that I forgot to take with me to give to them...

Yeah, it's been a shitty weekend.

Really sorry about that Ded, hopefully another pup comes available soon that is not quite so nippy.

A minor horror for me, a website that I was doing some work on got hacked, it appears that all they did was change the password for the cms but I now have to go through everything to make sure that was all they did. Thankfully they did not get full access to the site.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazedb42 wrote:
Really sorry about that Ded, hopefully another pup comes available soon that is not quite so nippy.

Think we are gonna put the dog search on hold for now. Maybe this summer depending on my schooling.

Gonna aim for a dog a little more his size and energy level.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I try not to hate on all hospitals ever because that would be a dick move but Every Single Time I try to set up a simple appointment they fuck around and cannot get anything done properly.

I'm so beyond fed up, this is why it took me over a week to even TRY calling, then I call and I'm like "I wanna set up an appointment" so she transfers me, the next lady transfers me literally back to the first person, and then I get put on hold until my break ends and I had to hang up.

Why does this always happen!? I am not asking for a complicated thing.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
dazedb42 wrote:

Think we are gonna put the dog search on hold for now. Maybe this summer depending on my schooling.

Gonna aim for a dog a little more his size and energy level.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I was lucky that my dog had a few smaller dogs as friends when he was a pup that actually towered over him when I got him. Taught him a bit of respect with smaller dogs. I know really good dog owners that have had a lot of trouble with female heelers, at the end of the day they are working dogs that bite the legs of cows to get them to move so dont feel bad over June. She was just following her instincts to round up and nip. I had a hell of a time with Soc trying to convince him not to round up stock, we did come to an understanding eventually though.

Anyway, don't give up and keep an eye out for a good one.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about the dog, ded, but i'm glad henry recovered his spirits quickly.
sporko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feeling rather like an unpretty cow today and way too many issues floating around in my head plus big ole exam tomorrow and fuck man you know how they say girls look for guys who are like their dads and never mind and godfucking dammit idk what's wrong with me anyway i didn't mean to turn this into a run-on LJ entry i just feel fat and pathetic and ugly and dumb and utterly fucking awkward today and it's not going away
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1162, 1163, 1164 ... 1257, 1258, 1259  Next
Page 1163 of 1259

Jump to: