welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1169, 1170, 1171 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Massive skull splitting light sensitive head aches. To the point that standing up made me vomit.

that on an almost daily basis and a doctor who was perhaps a little too free with the narcotic painkiller prescriptions is exactly why I'm in the situation I'm in right now. not too imply that some of the blame isn't mine for being a little liberal in interpreting to dosing instructions.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also:

I was on my way to becoming someone else
but then I went right back to a-being myself

Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urgh what a day

-it's monday
-I ripped my favorite pants on the inner thigh part
-the flowers on my desk at work died horribly in the weekend
-i got shitty flower stench all over me
-headache from getting up earlier to meet a client
-can't leave earlier because blah
-head is a chaos from all the things I try to think about
-sleepy, tea isn't helping
-rant rant whine whine
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have enjoyed Thatcher's death more if it hadn't have involved Derek Hatton appearing on tv again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not exactly a horror but I'm kinda pissed:

what the fuck happened to spring?! it was snowing less than two weeks ago and it hit 82 today. there aren't even leaves on the trees yet.

Him

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A girl went missing yesterday in my town, found out this morning. The police and volunteers have been out searching all night. She was suicidal. Just read on the news they've found her body. She was 18 years old.

Last edited by Him on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lemontree

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
not exactly a horror but I'm kinda pissed:

what the fuck happened to spring?! it was snowing less than two weeks ago and it hit 82 today. there aren't even leaves on the trees yet.

Sounds like Virginia weather. Eh *shrug* whatcha gonna do?
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the pettiest, most self-serving horror imaginable but it is still seriously something that upset me today:

Myself and a partner were going to go in on shorting Bitcoin. We're too fucking late. Bitcoins fucking tanked today. They're way too volatile now to put any money into, so we missed out.
Yorick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the drive home, I suddenly got overwhelmed by all the life issues I've had to deal with in the last few months. Probably mostly because none of them have any forthcoming solutions.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Yorick! Thing's look up when the summer comes. Have a beer on me!
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my little brother and my dad got into an altercation today and he's been kicked out. Totally his fault but I can't bring myself to just let him sink or swim so i've tried to set it up so he's got a place to land and a mediocre job in the same town as me. On the condition that he gets therapy...particularly anger management. So, I need advice...what am i looking for? How much should I expect to have to pay? I've got no insurance and im sure he doesn't either so on a scale of eating ramen for the rest of my life to pay off this debt to selling a kidney on the black market how fucked am i?

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the no insurance is going to make getting the therapy difficult. You should both research the local groups that are offered. Also, some wii yoga or yoga dvds aren't a bad idea (I like martial arts but most would make the anger management worse). This looks like it would be on the lower cost side (I have no idea where you are so... it is from google). You can absolutely talk to the office and talk about payment plans and how you won't be going through insurance - there are usually price breaks there that you can talk your way into.

Free advice! Take one/leave one: I have just recently been in a very similar situation and the roommate is still fucking here. SO do you have an out - what happens when he doesn't a) go to therapy b) pay rent c) loses the job and d) gets on your last nerve? You have an advantage - your brother isn't starting out in the hole IF the job works out. You _both_ need to make sure that there is a definite plan to go forward ie when he is back on his feet.

So from the information you have given, you are closer to ramen for life than selling a kidney.

Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not staying with me, he's staying with his grandparents...hopefully cause I aint got room, i've got a house full of roommate already. A) go to therapy is basically a condition of me having anything to do with him. I'm barely keeping it together myself and he flew off the handle because he didn't pass his drivers test and punched my dad in the face. There's not a lot of sympathy in me for his position on things. B) Living for free in grandparents guest room. C) The most likely situation, hopefully he can find another job D) is already closer than i'm comfortable with, but I've always had a better relationship with him than dad has for some reason, hopefully that will pan out.

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. Sounds like you'll need. it. I hope he grows up.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anger management will be taught by a therapist. It may be one-on-one counseling or group counseling. If you call and sweet talk them with your story about trying to help a problem relative the receptionist at one of those offices may be able to tell you about a local group that does group classes, which would be cheaper. Therapists usually know one another, at least professionally, and referrals aren't out of the ordinary.

As for cost, this may give you an idea of the price (considering it's described as "low cost"). YMMV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1169, 1170, 1171 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1170 of 1254

Jump to: